Post-Game Talk: #19: Devils at FLYERS, Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Please for the love of god don’t make me bring a “Fire Hak” sign to the Leafs game next Saturday

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
We knew this at the start of the year though.
At least then we had strands of hope that at least one of Elliott and Neuvirth would be healthy, or that Hart would force his way into the lineup.

Now both Elliott and Neuvirth are hurt again, and Hart is struggling in the minors. And they are going to have to rely on a lousy waiver-wire goalie in Pickard.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
At least then we had strands of hope that at least one of Elliott and Neuvirth would be healthy, or that Hart would force his way into the lineup.

Now both Elliott and Neuvirth are hurt again, and Hart is struggling in the minors. And they are going to have to rely on a lousy waiver-wire goalie in Pickard.

Those strands were small :)

This is a very predictable situation we are in, but Hexy didn’t care.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Lets see. Lousy goalie they can't score against.....don't come out with any energy.... can't seem to buy a bounce...goalie gives up weak goal... Play terrible at home.....This is the Dave Hakstol story since he's been the coach

So Hextall, either you suck as a GM in evaluating NHL talent (which is possible) or your coach sucks? One or the other ... you pick.

You have a veteran core that you've been building with for 6+ years. All that time they've had inexperienced coaches and mediocre goaltending. A Stanley Cup winning coach is available it is your obligation to those players that you at the very least give them an opportunity to play for a highly qualified coach (let alone get them a NHL caliber goalie). If they fail you blow it up but you at least need to give them and us fans that opportunity.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I loved the adjustments made. Lindblom to the forth line.

people complain about many things about hak. But my biggest complaint is his unwillingness to try new lines in game when things are not working. lavy always tried new lines even when things were working.

Guess what sometimes coots giroux and konecny doesn't work, so mix it the f up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad