Post-Game Talk: #19| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | February 25th | 7:00 PM | F/W 7-2

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Yes, the gallops. The Melbourne Cup I regard as one of my 5 favourite horse races in the world. I do not regard the Kentucky Derby as one of my favourite races so that is how high I regard it. I also get kind of nostalgic watching those country bush racetracks. It's been awhile though. Not as much time to watch the late night Aussie races over here. I came aboard here in 2017, The Isles board is sort of like this. I notice Pens, Sabres, and 1 cool leafs fan on here too. Sort of like a misfit family. lol
I should go to Albany races in Isles jersey and stand in front of finishing post. Haha

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I should go to Albany races in Isles jersey and stand in front of finishing post. Haha
BTW, didn't mean to ignore the NZ part. I found a book at the Chapters here. Road trips in NZ. Have always been infactuated with Kare Kare beach. The end of the world they call it in the Crowded House making of Kare Album where they recorded. Absolutely stunning. Cheers mate!

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
BTW, didn't mean to ignore the NZ part. I found a book at the Chapters here. Road trips in NZ. Have always been infactuated with Kare Kare beach. The end of the world they call it in the Crowded House making of Kare Album where they recorded. Absolutely stunning. Cheers mate!
Been there once, on first visit to NZ 20 years ago (honeymoon/fishing trip)!
I gotta say, the South Island is incredible - that's definitely my preference.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
What's crazy is this team has played quite of late and yet in reality we're basically fighting for the 4th slot in the playoffs. East is brutal this year!

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
What's crazy is this team has played quite of late and yet in reality we're basically fighting for the 4th slot in the playoffs. East is brutal this year!
Well of late, with “of late” being the operative term. They lost like 6 of their first 9. It’s not crazy they're around the middle of the pack.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Well of late, with “of late” being the operative term. They lost like 6 of their first 9. It’s not crazy they're around the middle of the pack.
Yeah the beginning of the season was basically a disaster. Let's hop the hot hand continues!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looked at the standings, it's tight in the East. A bit deceptive Isles are just a pt back of Washington for 2nd. Philly have 3 games in hand. The team to watch is looking like the Pens for 4th. They have a game in hand sitting 2 pts back. Isles have the tie breaker in ROW. Tight like sardines.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Looked at the standings, it's tight in the East. A bit deceptive Isles are just a pt back of Washington for 2nd. Philly have 3 games in hand. The team to watch is looking like the Pens for 4th. They have a game in hand sitting 2 pts back. Isles have the tie breaker in ROW. Tight like sardines.

Big games coming up against them this weekend. Have to atleast split the series. Ideally they take all 4 points in regulation.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Big games coming up against them this weekend. Have to atleast split the series. Ideally they take all 4 points in regulation.
Isles have had Pens number until Burke and Hextall got hired. Isles were better in the games they lost IMO. But the bounces did not bounce their ways. Clutterbuck is out, hopefully he can get back in. The ID line always plays well against the Pens. With Beau, Pelech and Wahlstrom scoring, hopefully the secondary scoring is coming.

Reactions: WangMustGo

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
wasn’t an important one but I still take credit for this goal

looked good too. Nice play stir blue line. Right to the net. He’s a different player then years previous. They should send ho sang to the Swedish team that Wally played for.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
looked good too. Nice play stir blue line. Right to the net. He’s a different player then years previous. They should send ho sang to the Swedish team that Wally played for.

He’s playing incredibly well and has the shot we’ve lacked on PP1 for over a decade. He’s gotten off 2 one timers the past two games that have both generated huge rebounds (one of which was a goal)

Kids ceiling is way higher than I thought before I got to watch him regularly.

Reactions: buud

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just finished watching. Funny how the players that are standing out for having good games always score. I thought this was a great game for Beauvillier and Bailey. Barzal has continued to dominate and was the best player on the ice. Pageau had a good night and really showed off his speed on that shorthanded goal. Wahlstrom looked strong all night, especially defensively. I thought he was reading the play well and making the necessary plays, then he gets rewarded late. The most mediocre Islanders tonight were Nelson and Mayfield. Pulock had his best game of the season tonight too.

Remember when we sucked, had excuses, and we needed to see who we were going to draft with the #5 pick in the draft? Good times.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Just finished watching. Funny how the players that are standing out for having good games always score. I thought this was a great game for Beauvillier and Bailey. Barzal has continued to dominate and was the best player on the ice. Pageau had a good night and really showed off his speed on that shorthanded goal. Wahlstrom looked strong all night, especially defensively. I thought he was reading the play well and making the necessary plays, then he gets rewarded late. The most mediocre Islanders tonight were Nelson and Mayfield. Pulock had his best game of the season tonight too.

Remember when we sucked, had excuses, and we needed to see who we were going to draft with the #5 pick in the draft? Good times.

funny that we had all those #5 picks and the best pick they made during that span, minus the name we shall not say, was at 16

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Bruins were giving away points last night but naturally Josh Bailey...

giphy.gif

Admittedly, I didn't see the game. Maybe his intangibles were through the roof.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT

Did you happen to see anything that would have sent clutter to the locker room?

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
"We've been tied every game going into the third (against the Islanders)," Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. " … It's how they play. I'd like to think we were on our game. We were pretty structured and responsible and how we can put teams away. They beat us at our game a little bit in terms of not beating yourself. We beat ourselves in the third period, clearly."

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad