Post-Game Talk: #19| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | February 25th | 7:00 PM | F/W 7-2

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Jaro melted down after that too like he did a lot with us. It was awful show up to that kid on third goal and he flips out after fourth one. He did that crap a lot here and it costs you games.
Doesn’t Jaro not like to play against his former teams? I can see why.

Last edited:

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
There is a bush race track in Albany. I watch it on the rare occasions. I would love to visit NZ and Aussie one day. How is a Aussie an Isles fan?
The local gallops you mean?
NZ is stunning, go fishing there a lot and have a mate lives in Queenstown. You ever get the chance take it.
I came over with family in late2018. Wanted to see an NHL game, all Aussies who go to US reckon it's the most fun of the sports, and the stars aligned to go to Brooklyn to see Isles and Pens. We supported the Isles as the home team, it was the Greiss poke check game. Loved it.
Tried to buy a jersey next day in Manhattan and was told the Isles were a joke and no one cared about them. This was red rag to a bull.
When we got back started streaming games and got addicted very quickly. Brendan is a superb caller and I enjoy Butch as well.
Now got heaps of jerseys and merch.
Most games start at 8am and I work from home so I watch every game. On weekends kids and wife watch as well.
Signed up for here early on. Lol. You guys are my Isles talk outlet.
Got to two games at Coli on 2019, Panthers and then the last minute comeback OT win against Blues. Will definitely make a pilgrimage to new arena.
Funnily enough, we nearly went to see the Sabres, Devils and Golden Knights before that Isles game. I said to my daughter the other day that we could have been Sabres fans. She said 'no, it wouldn't have felt right, the Isles were meant to be our team'.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Where's Satan to give it to us straight?

He can't say jack shit and it's GLORIOUS!
You might want to scroll back to post #488. This might be the best evidence yet of how everybody just ignores my posts unless I am complaining. It is probably why I get accused of not posting when we win. I guess I should just complain all the time, people seem to enjoy that more :huh::naughty:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
NZ is stunning, go fishing there a lot and have a mate lives in Queenstown. You ever get the chance take it.
I came over with family in late2018. Wanted to see an NHL game, all Aussies who go to US reckon it's the most fun of the sports, and the stars aligned to go to Brooklyn to see Isles and Pens. We supported the Isles as the home team, it was the Greiss poke check game. Loved it.
Tried to buy a jersey next day in Manhattan and was told the Isles were a joke and no one cared about them. This was red rag to a bull.
When we got back started streaming games and got addicted very quickly. Brendan is a superb caller and I enjoy Butch as well.
Most games start at 8am and I work from home so I watch every game. On weekends kids and wife watch as well.
Got to two games at Coli on 2019, Panthers and then the last minute comeback OT win against Blues. Will definitely make a pilgrimage to new arena.
Funnily enough, we nearly went to see the Sabres, Devils and Golden Knights before that Isles game. I said to my daughter the other day that we could have been Sabres fans. She said 'no, it wouldn't have felt right, the Isles were meant to be our team'.

You picked a good time to come aboard. If you had gone to a game earlier in the year, you might've been disgusted by what you saw.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
You might want to scroll back to post #488. This might be the best evidence yet of how everybody just ignores my posts unless I am complaining. It is probably why I get accused of not posting when we win. I guess I should just complain all the time, people seem to enjoy that more :huh::naughty:
We all have a role to play. Lol

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
You picked a good time to come aboard. If you had gone to a game earlier in the year, you might've been disgusted by what you saw.
Yep.
I'll never forget the poke check. Not that I really saw it. When Crosby shot away everyone in front of us stood up and the next second everyone was going nuts!
I think my young fella is only kid in Australia to have a Greiss jersey!
He plays lots of sport and said he'd love to be a hockey goalie. He makes do by being a soccer goalie, which is think is because of Greiss. Ha ha

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Jaro melted down after that too like he did a lot with us. It was awful show up to that kid on third goal and he flips out after fourth one. He did that crap a lot here and it costs you games.

Actually I think the Bruins team melted down after that Beauvillier goal. Did you see them the rest of the period? We took advantage of a very uninspired effort.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

this is my favorite post on here in a long time.

i’ve been to Australia and New Zealand and it’s hard to imagine too many hockey fans living in that area of the world so it’s a pleasure to find one.

also Queenstown New Zealand is one of the great undiscovered cities in the world. I think it’s the adventure capital of the planet considering how many extreme sports you can do there. I can’t even remember all the things I did in a 24 hour period there, but I know one of them was skydiving.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Actually I think the Bruins team melted down after that Beauvillier goal. Did you see them the rest of the period? We took advantage of a very uninspired effort.
We did for sure but hopefully the goals and guys like Beau and Wahlstrom getting goals just increases that overall offensive confidence in this lineup like the playoffs last year.

Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yes, the gallops. The Melbourne Cup I regard as one of my 5 favourite horse races in the world. I do not regard the Kentucky Derby as one of my favourite races so that is how high I regard it. I also get kind of nostalgic watching those country bush racetracks. It's been awhile though. Not as much time to watch the late night Aussie races over here. I came aboard here in 2017, The Isles board is sort of like this. I notice Pens, Sabres, and 1 cool leafs fan on here too. Sort of like a misfit family. lol

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
this is my favorite post on here in a long time.

i’ve been to Australia and New Zealand and it’s hard to imagine too many hockey fans living in that area of the world so it’s a pleasure to find one.

also Queenstown New Zealand is one of the great undiscovered cities in the world. I think it’s the adventure capital of the planet considering how many extreme sports you can do there. I can’t even remember all the things I did in a 24 hour period there, but I know one of them was skydiving.
I used to think Queenstown was too touristy. But with my mate living there I've really come to like it. As you said, so much to do. Altho I tend to just fish!
It's a long flight for you guys though. From WA to West Coast for us is six hours to NZ and then another 12-13 to US

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad