Post-Game Talk: #18 | Flyers at Canadiens | November 19, 2022 | 7:00 PM |

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
DeBrincat has a cap hit of $6.4M, won't sign an extension and has a QO of $9M next year.
I wouldn't touch him at $9M. But some team will give him 7x9+.
Players like that often peak early in their career, but what upside does he have? What adjustments can he make as he ages?

Like I said, a great pick for a playoff team that can shelter him, use him on PP1 and get the most out of his scoring skills until his contract becomes onerous.
But not the kind of player I'd make the centerpiece for a rebuilding team.
York and Brink are far better pieces to build around.

• Wow
Reactions: bennysflyers16

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
And who's responsible for that? That's right, your uncle Schmuck Felcher, who you defend to no extent. He's been here for four years and while Atkinson for Voracek is a wash, the only real addition he's made is MacEwan. That's a huge failure on Uncle Chuck.
Just stop, dude. You aren't being realistic. Any team is going to struggle with RW depth if it loses its top three RWs to injury.

Oh, and Fletcher's top RW prospect, Bobby Brink, is out due to injury.

Oh, and JVR who can play RW is out due to injury.

Oh, and they were playing with a short bench due to Laughton's injury.

Oh, and the organization's prospect depth is limited because of so many draft whiffs that pre-date Chuck.

Meanwhile Zack MacEwen has done an admirable job playing above his pay grade at RW with 7 points in 16 games.

To complain about MacEwen this season is to complain based on reputation and personal dislike rather than his play.
Its almost as if a gm who had wisdom could see maybe drafting a player with 40 goals in his first 100 games might be a good idea instead of trusting on 33 year old wingers to stay healthy.

But nah the team needed more number 5 d-men.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Its almost as if a gm who had wisdom could see maybe drafting a player with 40 goals in his first 100 games might be a good idea instead of trusting on 33 year old wingers to stay healthy.

But nah the team needed more number 5 d-men.
This argument would carry more weight if you acknowledged this team should have Makar, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Jason Robertson, and K’Andre Miller right now from the pre-Fletcher “rebuild.”

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This argument would carry more weight if you acknowledged this team should have Makar, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Jason Robertson, and K’Andre Miller right now from the pre-Fletcher “rebuild.”
The Hextall is evil and Fletcher defenders are downright comical.

No gm would taken Makar over Patrick. Why people create this fictional narrative is because they are stuck in 1975 trusting in Clarkie's speeches and not reality.

Now drafting Obrien that you can rip Hexy for. It was an out of the box pick that was wrong second one.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Hextall is evil and Fletcher defenders are downright comical.

No gm would taken Makar over Patrick. Why people create this fictional narrative is because they are stuck in 1975 trusting in Clarkie's speeches and not reality.

Now drafting Obrien that you can rip Hexy for. It was an out of the box pick that was wrong second one.
You’re wrong. A “wise” GM would have. His scouts would have taken Makar or Heiskanen, also Norris caliber. That’s from first-hand accounts.

You can say both Chuck & Hexy are evil. But if you want to go draft hindsight, gotta start with Hexy.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
You're using the power of hindsight.

Caulfield vs York was not hindsight.
Hextall was a c+ gm. And last I checked c+ is still better than an f.

Hexy absolutely should have taken Miller over O'brien. That pick deserves ripping.

He should have traded Simmons when he has excellent trade value and waited too long.

No gm was Makar 2. Pure hindsight. Pure Clarkie cya narrative.

Labarge no one can predict concussions and injuries. Stuff happens.

Pasta went 9 picks past Sanheim. No was taking pasta 17. When you look at picks 17-21 Sanheim easily the right pick.

Rat bad 2nd pick 2017. Flyers scouting still love size over skills. Still hasn't changed under Flusher. If anything worse.

You’re wrong. A “wise” GM would have. His scouts would have taken Makar or Heiskanen, also Norris caliber. That’s from first-hand accounts.

You can say both Chuck & Hexy are evil. But if you want to go draft hindsight, gotta start with Hexy.
Your fiction is entertaining.

Wrong

But entertaining

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Every single poster here wanted Boldy or Caufield both times we had the chance to draft him.
It didn't even take a "wise gm" to know Boldy or Caufield over York.

THAT'S
OUR
FLUSHER!
Squidward Patrick Star GIF - Squidward Patrick Star Plunger GIFs

Last edited:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Th
Just stop, dude. You aren't being realistic. Any team is going to struggle with RW depth if it loses its top three RWs to injury.

Oh, and Fletcher's top RW prospect, Bobby Brink, is out due to injury.

Oh, and JVR who can play RW is out due to injury.

Oh, and they were playing with a short bench due to Laughton's injury.

Oh, and the organization's prospect depth is limited because of so many draft whiffs that pre-date Chuck.

Meanwhile Zack MacEwen has done an admirable job playing above his pay grade at RW with 7 points in 16 games.

To complain about MacEwen this season is to complain based on reputation and personal dislike rather than his play.
At this point...the injuries are on Fletcher. 3 disasterous injury years in a row is no longer bad luck or a coincidence. The flyers training medical staff are dinosaurs and their players are not properly trained to play the modern game (hence all the core injuries). When its a fluke hockey injury...guys are not treated right and are rushed back.

Fletcher has over seen this shit show for years...and despite having a blank check to spend on non roster areas of the team...hes made no meaningful changes. The Flyers with comcasts money should have the most state of the art sports medecine/training staff, equiptment, facilities. Why dont they? Because the philosophy of the organization doesnt allow it. You get hurt, you play through it. All that fancy shit? Its for p***yes. Drink a 6 pack and pop some pills n get back out there like we did in the 70s.

This will get dismissed as over dranatic but I know for a fact that is the thinking...not to mention decades of countless players health mismanaged.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Shocked that Laughton hit happens with the enforcers we dress ?

Cole Caufield critiques now , will it ever end ?
"And Fletcher looked up at Cole Caufield, hanging out of reach on the vine, shook his head, and said, 'Ahh, that Caufield is sour and will be injury-riddled one day.' And he walked away, feeling much better about himself."

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
MacEwen is 6th on the team in 5v5 min/game. Frost is 10th, seeing similar minutes to 11th and 12th Sedlak and Bellows. I've read here over and over and over and over again that 4th liners don't actually matter too much and aren't reasons for why teams struggle, offensively or otherwise. So, why is that different now with Frost (I have a hunch)? He's been a 4th liner.

That MacEwen sees top 6/7 usage and PP2 time on the 31st ranked offense seems more of a reason they're ranked 31st and a bottom feeder, no? A player who was appropriately 2nd worst in the league in 5v5 offense before this season over a sizable sample.

l4RJwIm.png

Has he played poorly statistically? Not really. At face value, has he produced at an okay clip? I guess, but you can't cut out he's been a top 6/7 forward and not a 4th liner. In the end, it's 16 games and 7 points, with 2 of those being unremarkable secondaries last night. I'm going to guess that, with his history and ability, if you gave him this usage for 82 games, regression would hit hard eventually. The victory lap shit is laying it on thick.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Found the replay for anyone else wondering:

i was told no one will ever do this things again against us, with all the hard nosed veterans in our team!

I dont understand, pls explain this to me??

and it was really strange the flyers just nonchalant play over his injury! Shoot the puck in the stands you stupid idiots!!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
MacEwen is 6th on the team in 5v5 min/game. Frost is 10th, seeing similar minutes to 11th and 12th Sedlak and Bellows. I've read here over and over and over and over again that 4th liners don't actually matter too much and aren't reasons for why teams struggle, offensively or otherwise. So, why is that different now with Frost (I have a hunch)? He's been a 4th liner.

That MacEwen sees top 6/7 usage and PP2 time on the 31st ranked offense seems more of a reason they're ranked 31st and a bottom feeder, no? A player who was appropriately 2nd worst in the league in 5v5 offense before this season over a sizable sample.

l4RJwIm.png

Has he played poorly statistically? Not really. At face value, has he produced at an okay clip? I guess, but you can't cut out he's been a top 6/7 forward and not a 4th liner. In the end, it's 16 games and 7 points, with 2 of those being unremarkable secondaries last night. I'm going to guess that, with his history and ability, if you gave him this usage for 82 games, regression would hit hard eventually. The victory lap shit is laying it on thick.

What if all that time and usage was given to someone better at offensing? I bet the team would perform better.

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
He wasn't benched. He was injured. You know better than to judge a player solely by point production, too. All of these things have been pointed out to you repeatedly, so you know better.

You are willingly and knowingly lying to defend a failure on Fletcher's part.
he dont know better! He only wants to stir the pot to let you argue with him over and over again! Sometimes i ask myself if he is payed by the Flyers or HF Board cause this community needs traffic and that the fans stay. Negative attention is also attention!

Ironmanrulez

Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hextall was a c+ gm. And last I checked c+ is still better than an f.

Hexy absolutely should have taken Miller over O'brien. That pick deserves ripping.

He should have traded Simmons when he has excellent trade value and waited too long.

No gm was Makar 2. Pure hindsight. Pure Clarkie cya narrative.

Labarge no one can predict concussions and injuries. Stuff happens.

Pasta went 9 picks past Sanheim. No was taking pasta 17. When you look at picks 17-21 Sanheim easily the right pick.

Rat bad 2nd pick 2017. Flyers scouting still love size over skills. Still hasn't changed under Flusher. If anything worse.

Your fiction is entertaining.

Wrong

But entertaining
i feel hexy would have been more straight forward. But i believe the front office prevent the trades of simmer and so on. hexy was a hardliner vs the flyers structures. But this hardline was blocked from time to time.

But i dont have any proof, so its useless talk!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad