Post-Game Talk: #18| Buffalo Sabres @ New York Islanders | February 22nd | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-2

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
I think you can pretty much pencil in Wally as that 8th forward. Still need for that 9th one to step up and join the mix.

As for the blueline, Mayfield is driving me insane and it is looking more and more like we need that 7th defenseman, sooner rather than later.

Greene can play on the right side if need be, but if one of Pelech, Pulock or Leddy go down we are in trouble.

Any reports from Bridgeport on who might be looking ready to contribute??

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The PPG Pageau scored, would like to see more like this. Just feed Wahlstrom and go for rebounds. The Goalie is not going to be able to control the rebound on his shot. Sometimes I think the Isles are their own worst enemies on the PP, trying to be too fancy rather than beat you with straight fwd force. Shooting, deflections and rebounds.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
The PPG Pageau scored, would like to see more like this. Just feed Wahlstrom and go for rebounds. The Goalie is not going to be able to control the rebound on his shot. Sometimes I think the Isles are their own worst enemies on the PP, trying to be too fancy rather than beat you with straight fwd force. Shooting, deflections and rebounds.

Isles are definitely their worst enemy. This fascination with the over pass is ridiculous when you factor in, they are very inaccurate. They rarely put together more than 1 pass on a stick. The Sabres model is what the Isles should copy-only problem is we dont have the guys who want to be shooters.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Isles are definitely their worst enemy. This fascination with the over pass is ridiculous when you factor in, they are very inaccurate. They rarely put together more than 1 pass on a stick. The Sabres model is what the Isles should copy-only problem is we dont have the guys who want to be shooters.
The only guy overpassing should be Barzal, and even we scream at the monitor shoot! Well Bailey actually, Barzal actually has a great shot, should be using it more often. Bailey, not so much.

Reactions: 12Dog and BTrotts19

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
It’s a lot more than sometimes. Most of the time, I’d say. (When they can get in and set up, that is...)

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I liked the game. Even though they weren't getting too many shots early, they were controlling the play for a lot of it with nice structure. Not many of the Sabres chances worried me, but that goal out of the air was nuts. On to the next one.

Reactions: JKP

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I think you can pretty much pencil in Wally as that 8th forward. Still need for that 9th one to step up and join the mix.

As for the blueline, Mayfield is driving me insane and it is looking more and more like we need that 7th defenseman, sooner rather than later.

Greene can play on the right side if need be, but if one of Pelech, Pulock or Leddy go down we are in trouble.

Any reports from Bridgeport on who might be looking ready to contribute??
Yet Mayfield is still on the ice at the end of the game protecting the lead. Coach sees something...

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Yeah. He’s a hard worker, has some nice touch and seems like a great guy. Solid trade, solid signing, IMO.
If you look at comparable trades since that one, the acquisition cost, value of the contract, and team contribution, then the deal has been a very strong deal for the Isles.

Of course, some fans will believe pie-in-the-sky that the next greatest player in the NHL would be available to use those same assets, yet that hasn’t happened.

Reactions: JKP

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I liked the game. Even though they weren't getting too many shots early, they were controlling the play for a lot of it with nice structure. Not many of the Sabres chances worried me, but that goal out of the air was nuts. On to the next one.

That goal was ridiculous.

Reactions: danteipp

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
That goal was ridiculous.

I know everyone talks about Eichel getting out of Buffalo, but Reinhart going to a quality team and system would really allow him to elevate his game and see an uptick in his overall numbers.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans. You cheer for losses, you get what you deserve!!!

And for any idiot saying "that was a select few", nah. that was a roar.

OK this is bullshit. If any other team was in that situation they'd have done the same exact thing and anyone who says otherwise is lying harder than Wreck It Ralph trying to tell us that Jack is skating worse than Griffin Reinhart because he has the sads and not because he's injured (Barry Trotz sure as heck noticed because he was obviously targeting Jack's line).

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
OK this is bullshit. If any other team was in that situation they'd have done the same exact thing and anyone who says otherwise is lying harder than Wreck It Ralph trying to tell us that Jack is skating worse than Griffin Reinhart because he has the sads and not because he's injured (Barry Trotz sure as heck noticed because he was obviously targeting Jack's line).

Bro, if you wanna come out me, make sure you know and understand the full story. Also, we have any other proof of this? I mean, if it's so common and every team does it, we should have tons of proof.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It still makes me laugh that people thought they overpaid for the guy. I don't think it would be nuts to say he's the second best player on the entire team.

I’ll take it a step further and say he can handle being the 2nd C and makes Nelson expendable. Only thing is we would need a suitable 3C

Reactions: 12Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad