GDT: #18 - 11/12/13 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
NJD26 yeah that area isn't too nice. I was followed by some freak up till I got onto jersey transit.

You should check out the lobby of Newark Penn Station on a non-game night. It's a shelter for the homeless there. There was a guy walking through with a Flyers jersey last week for the game... and this large toothless women yells out "NOW THAT'S A NICE LOOKIN WHITE MAN" Dude set the record for power walking after that haha.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Dude dont go there haha. I remember after they retired #27 into the rafters my friend and I missed the 11:00 train and us and a few acquaintances/other fans were mortified of what the hell sort of creatures were in the lobby. I wanted hot chocolate and I was mortified... As we're others. I've been to a lot of NJD games and always used to take NJT. After Nets games it was terrifying.

That and one time I saw NyQuil, aspirin and condoms in a vending machine on the platform of track 4. They were in a sequential row.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Let's keep up the good play, come out strong, and win this thing.

Kreider hatty. (I will keep calling this before every game until I get it right)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Dude dont go there haha. I remember after they retired #27 into the rafters my friend and I missed the 11:00 train and us and a few acquaintances/other fans were mortified of what the hell sort of creatures were in the lobby. I wanted hot chocolate and I was mortified... As we're others. I've been to a lot of NJD games and always used to take NJT. After Nets games it was terrifying.

The nice thing is Ironbound and the fact that if you're sticking around the arena with the bars and restaurants you won't run into any problems and it's a fun place to hang out. Just so happens that a quarter mile west of the arena is a war zone and a terrible place. You can say that about most cities. Manhattan/Brooklyn/Bronx has some sketchy areas, North Philly is HORRIBLE, Detroit is.... Detroit, the neighborhood by the United Center in Chicago is a dumpatron. In those cities, however (Maybe except Detroit) you can just head downtown and have a ton of stuff to do. For Newark... downtown is really just go to NYC/Hoboken/Jersey City. I always wanted NJD to put the new arena at the waterfront in Jersey City. That's a fun place to hang out with tons of young people, executives, and bars/restaurants. Driving there is a nightmare though.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Season over chant much more applicable here. Was amazing doing that chant. Where is Kovy chant should be started tonight too. Marty hates those chants. He feels it in his bones. Definitely starting a where is Kovy chant.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
You should check out the lobby of Newark Penn Station on a non-game night. It's a shelter for the homeless there. There was a guy walking through with a Flyers jersey last week for the game... and this large toothless women yells out "NOW THAT'S A NICE LOOKIN WHITE MAN" Dude set the record for power walking after that haha.

lmfao

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Ironbound is great. My overall favorite place to have dinner is Fernandes. Rodizio... and AMAZING paella with rice, scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster claws, and lobster tail. Holy crap.

Anyway.. The area around the Rock (besides the bars) is no bueno. Two years ago I was standing outside the bar and a family from Finland walked up to me... they were cousins of Anssi Salmela and were there to watch him play and were asking me where they could shop in the area.... I pointed in the direction of Ironbound and said "Everything's in Portuguese in that direction but there's good food." Then I pointed at Broad St and said "There's stores in that direction... but PLEASE don't go there." They said they would take a look around and walked down to Broad St. I never saw them again and to this day I think I may have sent a cute Finnish family to their death.

That's an awful story. But absolutely hysterical.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island

non-game night?

It gets worse than on game-nights? oh god...

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Jagr on 4-0 win over NYR 10/19: "I wouldn’t pay money to watch that game the last time we played them. That was ugly. I was embarrassed.”

More Jagr on Oct. 19 game: "We kind of needed that game, but it was ugly. .. It was just crappy. We scored 4 goals, but it wasn’t hockey."

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

That was a pretty awful game to watch. It's just funny to hear a player from the winning team say it.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Renovated MSG brah. Dusted the lights and shined the seats up brah. Heard Tim Thomas complaining lights were dulled made it happen.

Please show them the door, the cellar door. Back to the basement.

Nice first round pick NJ. Hope Matteau was a great pick.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
That's what I'm hoping. Then I can quote myself after it happens and say, "I called it"
crossing-over-with-john-edward.jpg

KreiMeARiver*

The nice thing is Ironbound and the fact that if you're sticking around the arena with the bars and restaurants you won't run into any problems and it's a fun place to hang out. Just so happens that a quarter mile west of the arena is a war zone and a terrible place. You can say that about most cities. Manhattan/Brooklyn/Bronx has some sketchy areas, North Philly is HORRIBLE, Detroit is.... Detroit, the neighborhood by the United Center in Chicago is a dumpatron. In those cities, however (Maybe except Detroit) you can just head downtown and have a ton of stuff to do. For Newark... downtown is really just go to NYC/Hoboken/Jersey City. I always wanted NJD to put the new arena at the waterfront in Jersey City. That's a fun place to hang out with tons of young people, executives, and bars/restaurants. Driving there is a nightmare though.

I actually live above the Zeppelin Hall Biergarten in Jersey City. There are some nice restaurants, but the area has a bit of an identity problem, imo. A few blocks west starts getting a little weird, and the whole Grove St. area is WAY too hipster for my taste, but there are some good restaurants. Paulus Hook is nice, a few good restaurants for sure, but the whole Exchange place area completely shuts down after business hours.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Hope our key players continue to shine tonight..

And the B+ players too..(come on Dorsett)..

Vidic15*

Since we are talking about NJ, how is the Riverbend project coming along in Harrison? It's right next to Red Bull Stadium and just across the river from Newark.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It's still in the baby stages. I'm surprised they think they can get so much done over there in this economy. The crash stalled all the development in downtown Newark. They are building a big new PATH station with a whole two blocks of apartments, restaurants, bars, and stores. It's going to absolutely make traffic even worse in an area where traffic already sucks... but it will look a lot nicer. Having bars and restaurants will enhance the pre and post game experience.... although I'm a Viking Army member and we have some killer tailgates.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Biron is making his studio debut tonight. He'll be working a few games as well as making some appearances on Hockey Night Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad