GDT: #18 - 11/12/13 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You guys need to get a thicker skin. I went there expecting them to be bashing the arena. They're just making light of the fact that MSG hasn't shut up about the garden renovation. They have a point and it's actually pretty funny.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You guys need to get a thicker skin. I went there expecting them to be bashing the arena. They're just making light of the fact that MSG hasn't shut up about the garden renovation. They have a point and it's actually pretty funny.

Wait.... The Garden's being renovated?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Devils fans should really focus on their own crappy team. Every other word in that thread is "renovation," and I only got halfway done with the first page.

Except for you, njdevil26. You can stay.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Devils fans should really focus on their own crappy team. Every other word in that thread is "renovation," and I only got halfway done with the first page.

Except for you, njdevil26. You can stay.

I thank you! I'm a rare breed of Devils fan. Of course I don't like the Rangers... but compared to my level of hatred for the Flyers and all things Philadelphia... I maintain that if I HAD to go to a Ranger/Flyer game and I HAD to support one of the teams, I would throw on a Ranger Callahan jersey before you could blink. Every fanbase has obnoxious fans. There are a TON of obnoxious Devils fans out there just like every team. The difference between the Devils and the Flyers is that I LIKE Ranger players. Lundqvist is amazing. I would take Callahan, Richards, Nash, McDonough, Del Zotto, Staal on any team I put together. You can actually be a visiting fan at the Garden and not get threatened or fear for your safety.

The Flyers are different. I hate every player on that team. It's like they put on a prison orange sweater and buy in to the philosophy where who cares what the score is as long as you win the fights. Their fans are the same way. You actually fear for your safety at their arena. They take pride in that. Every prospect they have is a Zac Rinaldo type player who they let run around at people's knees instead of developing talent and two way players. I'll shut up now. But as a hockey fan I don't care what team, I like making friends and talking hockey with opposing fans. Always been that way.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Felt like half were in on the joke and the other half weren't.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Devils are not far back int he standings early in the season. They simply have been dropping a lot of one-point games.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I thank you! I'm a rare breed of Devils fan. Of course I don't like the Rangers... but compared to my level of hatred for the Flyers and all things Philadelphia... I maintain that if I HAD to go to a Ranger/Flyer game and I HAD to support one of the teams, I would throw on a Ranger Callahan jersey before you could blink. Every fanbase has obnoxious fans. There are a TON of obnoxious Devils fans out there just like every team. The difference between the Devils and the Flyers is that I LIKE Ranger players. Lundqvist is amazing. I would take Callahan, Richards, Nash, McDonough, Del Zotto, Staal on any team I put together. You can actually be a visiting fan at the Garden and not get threatened or fear for your safety.

The Flyers are different. I hate every player on that team. It's like they put on a prison orange sweater and buy in to the philosophy where who cares what the score is as long as you win the fights. Their fans are the same way. You actually fear for your safety at their arena. They take pride in that. Every prospect they have is a Zac Rinaldo type player who they let run around at people's knees instead of developing talent and two way players. I'll shut up now. But as a hockey fan I don't care what team, I like making friends and talking hockey with opposing fans. Always been that way.

Wait so that isn't exactly what they do...only like? :naughty:

You're pretty cool, you can stay. I don't like people like this: KEKEKEKEKEKE LOLOL RANGERS R BAYAD

but people who still dislike us but aren't weenies are cool. :nod:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Flyers are different. I hate every player on that team. It's like they put on a prison orange sweater and buy in to the philosophy where who cares what the score is as long as you win the fights.
If that were true, Emery would have been named first star...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No he was only the third star of the game and was allowed to start the following night. I'm still pissed about that.
Don't worry though, the NHL is going to get rid of goalie fighting, because that was the problem. They better make damn sure if a player beats down an unwilling opponent he's not wearing goalie pads!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Don't worry though, the NHL is going to get rid of goalie fighting, because that was the problem. They better make damn sure if a player beats down an unwilling opponent he's not wearing goalie pads!

If that's the solution, that's effing horrible. How about get rid of violent assault on an unwilling player instead.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
"Hey guys we suck, and we can't think of any actual insults so let's talk about the MSG renovations like it's some sort of negative. We tried poke fun at their power play but apparently it's been pretty good."

Derp.

Borboro pls

Fatso gonna shut us out tonight, while not using his pads a single time

Punxrocknyc19*

If that were true, Emery would have been named first star...

i wonder what the reaction of the Rangers players would be if Rangers and Flyers had a game where Emery just attacked Lundqvist for no reason like he did to the Capitals goalie :help:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Although seriously if that happened and say mashinter or Dorsett jumped on the ice from the bench and got suspended I wouldn't even be mad
Oh, of course. That would be like a 40 minute suspension for Mashinter.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: #NYR Fun Facts: @HLundqvist30 is 28-13-5 with 7 shutouts, a 1.82 GAA, and .934 save percentage in 46 career games vs. the Devils #LGR”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad