vs
(5-7-5) _____________ (9-8-0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, MSG PLUS 2

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@NJD 10/19/13 - NHL.com - Rangers.com - Devils.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN.com - TSN.ca

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

rm44.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

zd3c.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It feels like a power play. It didn’t feel much like a power play last year. We have a purpose out there.
It’s the same PP every night. We can work on it. It’s good in practice, we practice it every day. Everybody’s communicating and has a voice in it. It’s fun to be cohesive like that.
- Brad Richards

Florida came in and played really hard. They had stretches where they made it real tough for us to control the game, especially in the 2nd they had a stretch where they created a lot of chances.
It felt like the 2nd goal for us, when we tied it up, was a big, big goal for game and for us going out and getting that confidence knowing we can do this. That we’ve been here before. And it was a good feeling.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We have to continually emphasize certain things. When Florida was coming on in the second period, there were two things that were happening.
First, we were on the wrong side of the puck, and when we did get the puck, because we were on the wrong side, we couldn’t come off clean. They were able to capitalize and force the play on a couple of turnovers.
Lundqvist made some real big saves, and we were able to come out of there, 2-2, at the end of the second period.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW JERSEY DEVILS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 17 | GF | 35
W | 5 | GA | 44
L | 7 | GF/G | 2.06
OTL | 5 | GA/G | 2.35
Pts | 15 | PIM/G | 7.8
HOME | 3-1-2 | PP% | 18.3
AWAY | 2-6-3 | PK% | 85.7
STREAK | W1 | FO% | 44.7

Division | 5th
Conference | 11th
League | 23rd

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Henrique, Jagr, Ryder | 5 Assists | Marek Zidlicky | 9 Points | Jaromir Jagr | 13| + / - | Jaromir Jagr | +5 Shots | Damien Brunner | 43 Hits | Anton Volchenkov | 32 Blocks | Anton Volchenkov | 27 PIM | Marek Zidlicky | 16 FO% | Travis Zajac | 50.6 TOI/G F: | Patrik Elias | 18:56 TOI/G D: | Andy Greene | 24:51

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Dainius Zubrus | Andrei Loktionov | Jaromir Jagr (A)
Mattias Tedenby | Adam Henrique | Michael Ryder
Damien Brunner | Travis Zajac (A) | Steve Bernier
Ryan Carter | Jacob Josefson | Cam Janssen

LD | RD
Andy Greene (A) | Peter Harrold
Anton Volchenkov | Marek Zidlicky
Eric Gelinas | Adam Larsson

Scratched
Mark Fayne|

STARTING GOALIE:

BrodeurMartin1.png

Martin Brodeur

GPI: 9 | W: 4 | L: 3 | OT: 2
SV% .908 | GAA: 2.09 | SO: 2 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Stephen Gionta | Ankle (DTD)
Ryane Clowe | Head (IR)
Bryce Salvador | Foot (IR)
Patrik Elias | Back spasms (IR)
Jon Merrill | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 17 | GF | 39
W | 9 | GA | 46
L | 8 | GF/G | 2.29
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 2.71
Pts | 18 | PIM/G | 14.8
HOME | 4-2-0 | PP% | 19.6
AWAY | 5-6-0 | PK% | 82.3
STREAK | W3 | FO% | 49.8

Division | 3rd
Conference | 8th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brad Richards | 6 Assists | Richards, Stepan | 9 Points | Brad Richards | 15 + / - | Carl Hagelin | +7 Shots | Brad Richards | 60 Hits | Dan Girardi | 40 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 32 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 73 FO% | Brian Boyle | 56.4 TOI/G F: | Brad Richards | 19:28 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 22:35

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Ryan Callahan (C)
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan | Mats Zuccarello
Derek Dorsett | Derick Brassard | Benoit Pouliot
Brandon Mashinter | Brian Boyle | J.T. Miller

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Michael Del Zotto

Scratched
Justin Falk|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 13 | W: 6 | L: 6 | OT: 0
SV% .916 | GAA: 2.47 | SO: 2 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dominic Moore | Upper body (DTD)
Taylor Pyatt | Head (Out)
Rick Nash | Head (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
This one will be tough, the Devils are also a good 5v5 team so the winner will likely be the team that gets better shooting and goaltending.

We should have the edge there, but you never know since those two are notoriously unreliable.

3-1 Rangers with an EN.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
A surprising amount of disparaging talk about the Madison Square Garden renovation in the opposition GDT.

I probably should not have felt bad at any point for the Devils or their fans given the existential crisis they have recently been through with their ownership. Your existence has to hinge on more than just despising Rangers and Flyers fans.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
We need Maaaaaartyyy chants to pour down today!

If you want to be part of these magnificent Maaaaartyyy chants, I still have two tickets in section 104 for today. PM me for offers or look in the tickets thread for info.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Please remind this bad team that they'er a bad team.

Will Fatso be too scared to play at the Garden again?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
A surprising amount of disparaging talk about the Madison Square Garden renovation in the opposition GDT.

I probably should not have felt bad at any point for the Devils or their fans given the existential crisis they have recently been through with their ownership. Your existence has to hinge on more than just despising Rangers and Flyers fans.

They're just upset they don't have Chase Bridges in their arena.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
They're just upset they don't have Chase Bridges in their arena.

Nope. But we do have happy people in the 200 sections of Prudential Center who are saying they can actually SEE everything. It's fun to make fun of the renovations because it seems like a few of the guys on the MSG network get serious boners just from talking about it... but I'll be there tonight and I'll be interested to see how it looks. It looks pretty sweet on TV.

Good luck tonight.

Championship*

Devils have been playing well, this will not be easy by any stretch. Keep proving it to us.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Nope. But we do have happy people in the 200 sections of Prudential Center who are saying they can actually SEE everything. It's fun to make fun of the renovations because it seems like a few of the guys on the MSG network get serious boners just from talking about it... but I'll be there tonight and I'll be interested to see how it looks. It looks pretty sweet on TV.

Good luck tonight.

Haha only kidding dude. My comment was more sarcastic than anything.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ

Good luck tonight.

Don't lie. It's to compensate for your small wee wees. :laugh:

Just kidding..sort of..good luck tonight also..I guess. :P

nikonsniper*

It's fun to make fun of the renovations because it seems like a few of the guys on the MSG network get serious boners just from talking about it..

Good luck tonight.

You mean people who are paid by a company are hyping that company? I'm shocked. Its almost as if they are paid to do so!!!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
You mean people who are paid by a company are hyping that company? I'm shocked. Its almost as if they are paid to do so!!!

You should be able to make fun of us for having our games on MSG haha. When in sports history has a team's broadcasts get picked up by the company that owns and broadcasts their main rivals? It's like "Coming up at 7, the Devils battle the Panthers... but first, a classic Ranger game. Game 7 from 1994!"

nikonsniper*

You should be able to make fun of us for having our games on MSG haha. When in sports history has a team's broadcasts get picked up by the company that owns and broadcasts their main rivals? It's like "Coming up at 7, the Devils battle the Panthers... but first, a classic Ranger game. Game 7 from 1994!"

I'm not attacking you because you are a devils fan, but because you are a Juventus supporter.

/Viola for life.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ

I think it's funny when the Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Knicks are all playing the same night and you guys get kicked on to a non HD channel on some cable providers...does that count?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm not attacking you because you are a devils fan, but because you are a Juventus supporter.

/Viola for life.

Ah nice! I'm jealous you get to watch Giuseppe Rossi. Wish he signed with Juve to play with Tevez... We're higher in the standings but you guys blew us away a few weeks ago.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think it's funny when the Rangers, Islanders, Devils and Knicks are all playing the same night and you guys get kicked on to a non HD channel on some cable providers...does that count?

It used to! Comcast at least has it's own designated HD channel for MSG+2 now. It used to be the WORST trying to watch non HD hockey on a big plasma tv.

Btw, whoever posted the video of the MAARRRTTTYYYY chant from game 5 in 2012. The Devils won that game.. .and the series.. Just sayin.

Try this one, you won this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->