GDT: #18 - 11/12/13 | New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiMeARiver*

WOW, a TON of MSG bashing in the Devils' GDT

Hey, I guess not all of us can play in a random building with no history or charisma in the middle of the ghetto!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
WOW, a TON of MSG bashing in the Devils' GDT

Hey, I guess not all of us can play in a random building with no history or charisma in the middle of the ghetto!

Seriously? You're telling me that you wouldn't want to spend a Saturday night shopping at Cash for Gold, Discount Shoes, Second Hand Clothes, Pauly's Pawn, and Bail Bonds places on Broad St? FIIIIINE stay in Manhattan!

KreiMeARiver*

Seriously? You're telling me that you wouldn't want to spend a Saturday night shopping at Cash for Gold, Discount Shoes, Second Hand Clothes, Pauly's Pawn, and Bail Bonds places on Broad St? FIIIIINE stay in Manhattan!

haha you seem like a good kid, so I'll actually admit I do like Ironbound, and all the Rodizio spots. But yeah, right around the Rock is kinda zzzzz unless you want to get heckled at the Devils bars with your Kreider jersey on.

TonyTheGr8

Window shut..for now
Aug 8, 2007
Morris County, NJ
It used to! Comcast at least has it's own designated HD channel for MSG+2 now. It used to be the WORST trying to watch non HD hockey on a big plasma tv.

Btw, whoever posted the video of the MAARRRTTTYYYY chant from game 5 in 2012. The Devils won that game.. .and the series.. Just sayin.

Try this one, you won this game.

Haha..yeah, was thinking the same thing. That's like the "Can You Hear Us?" chant against the Caps in Game 4 back in 2011. It was great chant..but we blew a 3-0 lead in that game and lost in double OT thanks to Gaborik's boneheaded play. Not a good memory to re-live.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
[NHL]2012020714-510-h[/NHL]

That play was about as nice as the Miller goal against the Panthers. I know people love that 11-12 team and they're clearly most successful than the teams since, but it's so nice to see goals like that scored. That team seemed to grind out every goal. The Rangers could actually complete a passing play even last year under Torts.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
With Moore possibly coming back, I'm not sure I want to play him.

He's a better player than Mashinter, but once we start winning, the Devils will goon it up.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Devils have been playing well, this will not be easy by any stretch. Keep proving it to us.

Yup, Rangers have to come out ready to match NJ's intensity. They're a strong forechecking team and you can't let them control the puck forever that way

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He's just on for the morning skate and the only other guys there are Mashinter, Talbot, and Faulk

It's not a practice, he doesn't need to wear a contact or no contact jersey

Marc87

May 9, 2012
Both teams coming in hot, this should be a really good one, definitely way closer than last month's game..

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
haha you seem like a good kid, so I'll actually admit I do like Ironbound, and all the Rodizio spots. But yeah, right around the Rock is kinda zzzzz unless you want to get heckled at the Devils bars with your Kreider jersey on.

Ironbound is great. My overall favorite place to have dinner is Fernandes. Rodizio... and AMAZING paella with rice, scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp, lobster claws, and lobster tail. Holy crap.

Anyway.. The area around the Rock (besides the bars) is no bueno. Two years ago I was standing outside the bar and a family from Finland walked up to me... they were cousins of Anssi Salmela and were there to watch him play and were asking me where they could shop in the area.... I pointed in the direction of Ironbound and said "Everything's in Portuguese in that direction but there's good food." Then I pointed at Broad St and said "There's stores in that direction... but PLEASE don't go there." They said they would take a look around and walked down to Broad St. I never saw them again and to this day I think I may have sent a cute Finnish family to their death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad