Prospect Info: 17th Overall Dante Fabbro

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You may not but 85 million vs 650 million deserves different rules.

Crap or not id rather have had the Preds for these last 20 years than just now be getting a franchise.
Yeah screw that. They should have had to suffer just like we did and everyone else did while they build. I don't give a damn what they paid.

What's next? Hand us a billion and we will just hand you the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Enoch

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
They don't make banners for 'handling the expansion draft the best' If Fabbro makes the team better he will be protected. If Pitlick is good enough, he will be protected. Te rest is a matter of trades and protections. By the time the draft happens all of the big 4 d-men will be 30+ Turris will be 31, Bonino 32, a TON of current Preds will be UFAs.

None of you will give a crap if there is a cup banner.
Is that a dare? Cause when it comes to banner dares...I'd like to see us do it just to watch the crusty old boys clubs crap their depends about it.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
This year more than others it would seem, his lack of size (inability to clear players from out front of Peks or redirect them when they are trying to cut to the net) and his lack of speed have been painfully displayed in my opinion.
Alright, thanks. Something I've missed. I mean, yeah, I've seen him lose a net front battle, but not too often

Another reason why I'd like to see Ellis and Ekholm reunited.

Reactions: bdub24

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I would like to see fabbro move into our top 4 to make a more balanced top 6. When hammer gets back I'd like to see
Josi-fabbro
Ekholm-Ellis
Hammer-Subban
That gives us 3 pretty good pairing. We have options to try other pairing now with fabbro and I would try them instead of just trying him out on the 3rd pairing. I don't think it messes up chemistry because outside of a few games this year we don't look like we have any.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I would like to see fabbro move into our top 4 to make a more balanced top 6. When hammer gets back I'd like to see
Josi-fabbro
Ekholm-Ellis
Hammer-Subban
That gives us 3 pretty good pairing. We have options to try other pairing now with fabbro and I would try them instead of just trying him out on the 3rd pairing. I don't think it messes up chemistry because outside of a few games this year we don't look like we have any.

In the playoffs you dont balance you load up and shorten the bench. Our top 4 will(and should) get much more ice time than the third pair.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Josi-fabbro
Ekholm-Ellis
Hammer-Subban
The cart is just way too far ahead of the horse with this line of thinking. We don't even know if Fabbro would be an upgrade on Irwin/Weber at this point. He's a good prospect, but it's a big big step for a young defenseman to step out of college and straight onto an NHL blueline. You play him ahead of Irwin/Weber for now anyway based on longer term projections and the final games not meaning much, sure. But until you've seen what he makes of that, it's just wishful thinking to project him in the playoff rotation at all, let alone moving him into more icetime on a more prominent pairing.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Doesn't playing him actually make the expansion draft a little easier?

He either lives up the hype shows he can move into the top 4 and that makes it much easier to move Subban or Ellis for other assets and protect Fabbro.

Or, he is Blum 2.0 and then you expose him.

Last edited:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Doesn't playing him actually make the expansion draft a little easier?

He either lives up the hype shows he can move into the top 4 and that makes it much easier to move Subban or Ellis for other assets and protect Fabbro.

Or, he is Blum 2.0 and then you expose him.

IF Ellis and Subban keep playing as they have lately, moving them becomes an issue. If they return to last season's form, there is no need to move them and Fabbro just makes our blueline insanely deep (assuming he pans out as the team hopes). There are multiple paradoxes when looking at the path forward.

Reactions: Enoch

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
How's he done in his 1st 2 games?
It wouldn't be fair to say anything negative... obvious mistake in Game 1 and rarely used and mostly invisible in Game 2, but that's all we should have expected. Anybody who thought he was going to roll in and do more than this was just fantasizing. He seems like he can more or less hold his own in sheltered 3rd pair minutes, which is basically what we get out of a good game from Irwin or Weber too. It is good to get him into the mix, but so far I will be a little surprised if we see him in the playoffs. The key for him is really going to be next season - hopefully he can steal one of those jobs full time and build from there.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He got about 10 minutes of ice time and I didn't really notice him. That's a positive compared to what I can say for some of the other 3rd pairing options.

True. Didn't really notice him but he played a solid game, imo. You can see that he's not getting the offensive responsibility he would probably like but that will come with time and confidence.

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Only play I've noticed him in a negative light was when he got turned around on that goal against Columbus. That's not bad for a rookie, his shots look a little weak (hes probably hesitant), but other than that he looks like a natural fit. Definitely a top 6 guy this year.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
His debut was decent at best, but I thought he looked better last night. Defensive game a bit of a work in progress, but offensive instincts are definitely there. Learning from Ekholm, Subban, Josi, Hamhuis and Ellis should be fun.

call me a POS but that's a normal human instinct. one decent contract and they will be asking for first class.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If it were normal Mason wouldn't have commented on it.

Now if we were talking MTSU Band of Blue, yeah that's normal, but that's because we just wanted to get unloaded and the heck out of there. :laugh:

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I kind of assumed this was a rookie hazing type deal for Rem and Dante.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad