Prospect Info: 17th Overall Dante Fabbro

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Congrats! You guys got a good player, with a powerful one-timer..

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Really wanted Bellows (nothing against Fabbro, just don't trust 1st round D) but we did need to replenish the D pipeline.

Oh well, time to watch that video and convince myself he's the next Shea Weber. Poile and co. know how to draft defensemen.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Really wanted Bellows (nothing against Fabbro, just don't trust 1st round D) but we did need to replenish the D pipeline.

Oh well, time to watch that video and convince myself he's the next Shea Weber. Poile and co. know how to draft defensemen.

I know they had to replenish the d corps, but if there was one forward at that time in the draft that I thought could sway them to take a forward, it was Bellows. I'm torn on this one. Will be interesting to see how they approach the rest of the draft.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Well that one commentator was gushing over him and saying good things. Time will tell. We typically do decent on defensemen picks anyways. He will go to college to simmer for a while. We do need to fill our cupboard on defense so I'm not disappointed.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Lol everyone griping about drafting the only college kid that would sign here then wanting Bellows

Its hilarious. Nashville drafts a great prospect that actually knows about and likes the team. Button and Pronman, great prospect guys, love this kid. He fills a position of great need in the org - defensively the prospect pool is mighty shallow.

Yet here people are already *****ing about the pick. I would say I'm shocked, but I have read the Preds board here long enough to know better.

Reactions: adsfan

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
The fact that he loves Nashvile is a big plus for me. Again, I have no issue with the pick, I just really liked the idea of adding Bellows. No doubt Fabbro is a great pick too and hopefully he pans out.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
The fact that he loves Nashvile is a big plus for me. Again, I have no issue with the pick, I just really liked the idea of adding Bellows. No doubt Fabbro is a great pick too and hopefully he pans out.

Sums up my feelings as well. Getting a goal scorer just under Laine seemed like a better idea to me. Could've gotten a d man with later picks.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
every one wants the shiny new toy. for some reason people tend to think 1st round forwards all have the potential to be crosbys or even filip forsbergs. our defense cupboard is bare. we took the BPA according to all reports I've read. great pick from the little bit us armchair GMs know. poile has my trust with defenseman.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
every one wants the shiny new toy. for some reason people tend to think 1st round forwards all have the potential to be crosbys or even filip forsbergs. our defense cupboard is bare. we took the BPA according to all reports I've read. great pick from the little bit us armchair GMs know. poile has my trust with defenseman.

Just statistically speaking, taking forwards is always safer than taking D men in the first round. I am OK with the pick. Glad he wants to be in Nashville. Welcome Dante

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
$uter Hamhuis Blum Parent Ellis Jones and now Fabbro are all Defensemen drafted in the first round by the Predators. Here is hoping DF can develop well into another $uter or Ellis

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
you could make a case in BPA between Fabbro and Bellows, but for as close as it is, I'm glad we filled a glaring organizational need. Aside from Dougherty and Carrier, neither of whom is a sure thing, there isn't a single NHL dman prospect in the system. Now there is a very, very good one.

Also, it's not like Bellows was snatched right up. He went three more picks. Obviously something multiple teams didn't like.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Beauty in the he of the beholder eh?

I'm good with the pick. Was disappointed and first but seeing how excited the kid is to be drafted by Nashville has warmed me up to it. If there was a d man I wanted to take this was the one.

Still sad we didn't take Bellows, but it will be ok.

Can we all agree Detroit sucks and the Yotes bailed them out? Ridiculous

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Leafs fan coming in peace. Watched him all year in my hometown penticton. Probably highest hockey iq out of all the defense available. Equally strong offensively/defensively. Elite passing. If he can work on his skating he has top pair potential.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Well heck, all the players that could have been available to the Preds at 17 were available. They had their choice among them including a LW, RW and C. And they picked a little Dman who's going to college in BOSTON. Wow, I'm underwhelmed.

Both of his sisters play soccer for Austin Peay. I highly doubt he holds out for UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad