GDT: 17 Nov 2015 - Wild @ Crosby - 6:30 CT / 2:30 Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think with Dumba you just forget about the defense.

Obviously that's hyperbole, as his position is a DEFESNEman :laugh:

But I really think they should just let Dumba do his thing and develop his offensive game. If he can become a lightning rod from the blue line, I'll take some defensive deficiency.

Problem is, you need a very reliable, experienced, stay-at-home defenseman to put him with, which we don't really have at the moment.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Dropping Brodz was a calculated decision. We wanted the 3rd line to be more of a scoring threat, so we could roll the lines more consistently, and it really has become one. Right now it would be nice to have the depth, but I understand why they wanted that spot open.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Dropping Brodz was a calculated decision. We wanted the 3rd line to be more of a scoring threat, so we could roll the lines more consistently, and it really has become one. Right now it would be nice to have the depth, but I understand why they wanted that spot open.

Brodziak would be on the 4th though, I don't get why they brought in Porter and played him every game. If they wanted to do that, Brodziak is the better player in almost all aspects (speed not so much).

I get what they were going for, but they clearly miscalculated our lack of center depth and PK players.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm fine with Porter. He is much faster than Brodziak, and while he's not as big, seems to be just as physical. I'll take that sort of speed as he gets to spots much more quickly than Brodz. Problem right now is not Porter, it's injuries forcing us to use Schroeder, Bertschy, Bulmer, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad