GDT: 17 Nov 2015 - Wild @ Crosby - 6:30 CT / 2:30 Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Kind of sad to watch a player like Malkin dance circles around us, knowing we've never had and probably never will (at least in any distant future) have a center even near his talent level.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i hope the ref feels bad about the blown call on porter , friendly fire high stick that cost us a goal. i was disappointed in the team last night. dubnyk just cant find last years magic , what a shocker.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, after he plays four straight really good games, let's say he can't find the magic.

Edit: Counting TB, WPG, CAR and DAL. Last night obviously not amazing, but average. Didn't like the first two goals.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the last several games the first goal has been soft or weak, after hes been playing better however his GAA doesn't lie. hes not matching last years #'s.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
- horrible PK
- regression on the pp
- less than stellar play from our d pairings
- watching Dumba continues to hurt
- it was whose guy was that in the slot too many times?
- the penalty that was'nt

On the #22 issue. If you watch that shift you will see Neids get boarded hard behind the net right in front of the ref. No call! That little push when he is getting off was retaliation.

Last edited:

District 5

Mar 1, 2014
Really disappointed in that first goal. Scandy and Brodin letting Perron walk right in and grab that rebound. Wish Duby would have controlled that better but I'm not pinning that on him.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Plain and simple, they really weren't ready to play in the first and that's becoming a very concerning trend. I know a lot of teams deal with this I'm sure, but it just feels like we've run into an insane bad luck schedule - either we're playing playoff teams every night or we're playing a team that's lost three/four out of five and looking to rebound in front of their home fans. Kings, Ducks, then Pens and now Bruins tomorrow. The road games have been pretty tough so far.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
last year it seemed like our road game strategy was play strong D & start slow to take the crowd out of it. not working this year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Suter with 29 TOI. Gets a delay of game in the final minutes of game because he doesn't have the energy to get back to the puck in time.

Coincidence? I think not.

Brodin is not a kid anymore, and neither are Scandella or Spurgeon. Yeo had better start spreading out the minutes, or Suter will be a Zombie come Feb. He did it to Koivu when he first arrived, and now he's doing it to Suter.

Dumba is not the steadiest dman in 5 on 5 situations, but surely it's obvious that he is dynamite on the PP? Didn't he hit another post, besides the assist to Spurgeon?

29 isn't an issue with 2 full days off prior.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Plain and simple, they really weren't ready to play in the first and that's becoming a very concerning trend. I know a lot of teams deal with this I'm sure, but it just feels like we've run into an insane bad luck schedule - either we're playing playoff teams every night or we're playing a team that's lost three/four out of five and looking to rebound in front of their home fans. Kings, Ducks, then Pens and now Bruins tomorrow. The road games have been pretty tough so far.

That has seemed to become a trend, hasn't it? After the whole "players only" meeting thing that the Pens had, I kind of figured they would come out a lot more focused than they apparently have been lately.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Had to watch from a client dinner but did see the whole thing as it was a relaxed atmosphere.

Few things:

Schroeder was and has been awful. Brings nothing.

I have been hardest on #29 but he played a decent game once we got into the offensive zone. Should have had two assists if Coyle finishes on the PP.

Porter had a nice game in regards to playing his role. Get pucks deep and crash hard, played well I thought.

Granlund looked decent, couple of points aside he seemed to find some open space and was decent overall. Still got a little cute with it from time to time but overall he was better.

PK is a disaster. Worst PP team in the league torched us... Haula/Fontaine out hurts for sure but we need to be better.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
29 isn't an issue with 2 full days off prior.

IMO, His performance decreases in direct relation to his TOI. There is also a cumulative effect which gets more pronounced later in the schedule.

NSH never played him as much as we do, and he had Weber to rely on as a partner.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Kind of sad to watch a player like Malkin dance circles around us, knowing we've never had and probably never will (at least in any distant future) have a center even near his talent level.
Pretty sure we are in the same boat as like 25 other teams in the league on that one.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think the defensive partner strategy has been a failure. All to get Dumba more involved. Please go back to a top4 of.

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon

I know Dumba is hurt but I am still wondering if he ever is going to be defensively reliable.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I think the defensive partner strategy has been a failure. All to get Dumba more involved. Please go back to a top4 of.

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Spurgeon

I know Dumba is hurt but I am still wondering if he ever is going to be defensively reliable.
I think with Dumba you just forget about the defense.

Obviously that's hyperbole, as his position is a DEFESNEman :laugh:

But I really think they should just let Dumba do his thing and develop his offensive game. If he can become a lightning rod from the blue line, I'll take some defensive deficiency.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
It was bad enough to tune into NBCSN's ridiculous Penguins narrative, but that the Mumblesota Somethings jumped right into their Bond Henchmen role just really made for absolutely nothing enjoyable.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
PK is a disaster. Worst PP team in the league torched us... Haula/Fontaine out hurts for sure but we need to be better.

Losing Brodz was our biggest off season mistake. Fletcher should have signed him after the first days of negotiating, especially with his price ending up to be only $900K.

If there is enough cap next year, Brodz should be welcomed back here with open arms.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Losing Brodz was our biggest off season mistake. Fletcher should have signed him after the first days of negotiating, especially with his price ending up to be only $900K.

If there is enough cap next year, Brodz should be welcomed back here with open arms.

I don't get how Brodz only got 900k, he deserves atleast 1.5mil imo. And yeah Wild should have kept him at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad