GDT: 17 Nov 2015 - Wild @ Crosby - 6:30 CT / 2:30 Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
So, a 3-3 game that ended 4-3 because of a goal that should've been called off.

#justNHLthings

I still think that goal was fine, the one decent call the refs made. However, they shouldn't have been on the pp to begin with so it shouldn't have happened. Terrible officiating tonight and I'm sure it went both ways, we just didn't look good tonight

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not impressed. Wild played stupid hockey. Yeo continues to overplay Suter, and keeps running out Granlund, Suter and Zucker? on the umbrella. What more do Spurgeon, Dumba, and Scandella have to do to prove they should be on the #1 PP?

Refs poor decisions also affected outcome of game. Boo.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Didn't see the Wild play their game until halfway through the 3rd. Can't win games like that, no sir're.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wild blew many opportunities. It went both ways tonight.

I just cry a little every time Granlund turns the puck over.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
No urgency from the Wild right out of the gate. Why do we always look like cold syrup when we are on the road? Someone needs to get this team going before games.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Suter with 29 TOI. Gets a delay of game in the final minutes of game because he doesn't have the energy to get back to the puck in time.

Coincidence? I think not.

Brodin is not a kid anymore, and neither are Scandella or Spurgeon. Yeo had better start spreading out the minutes, or Suter will be a Zombie come Feb. He did it to Koivu when he first arrived, and now he's doing it to Suter.

Dumba is not the steadiest dman in 5 on 5 situations, but surely it's obvious that he is dynamite on the PP? Didn't he hit another post, besides the assist to Spurgeon?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Suter with 29 TOI. Gets a delay of game in the final minutes of game because he doesn't have the energy to get back to the puck in time.

Brodin is not a kid anymore, and neither are Scandella or Spurgeon. Yeo had better start spreading out the minutes, or Suter will be a Zombie come Feb. He did it to Koivu when he first arrived, and now he's doing it to Suter.

Dumba is not the steadiest dman in 5 on 5 situations, but surely it's obvious that he is dynamite on the PP? Didn't he hit another post, besides the assist to Spurgeon?

Whether or not it should be this way is another story, but he was probably high in minutes because of so many PPs both ways, since he's on PP1 and PK1.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

And we wonder why Suter was completely burnt out by the time the playoffs started last season. It would be so nice to remove him from the PP to give him a little added rest. Hell, put him on the 2nd unit, since they see reduced time.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Whether or not it should be this way is another story, but he was probably high in minutes because of so many PPs both ways, since he's on PP1 and PK1.

Not an isolated incident, though, what was he last game 33 min.?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And we wonder why Suter was completely burnt out by the time the playoffs started last season. It would be so nice to remove him from the PP to give him a little added rest. Hell, put him on the 2nd unit, since they see reduced time.

At the beginning of the year he looked so fresh and skated so sprightly... really, he really skated sprightly, he was like Bambi out there... and now he looks like some beaten down, middle aged Dad in a dead end job. Borje Salming used to look like that - they used to play him over half the game.

I know he got an assist, but Poms looked blah again... is he even getting chances now?

Schroeder is a zero out there. No points, and unlike Haula/Porter isn't enough of a defensive force out there to justify being on an NHL roster. I thought Haula was missed on the PK.

Once again, our D chips in with some offense. Way to go, D!

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Off topic kind of but apparently this happened @JoshYohe_PGH: Someone on Wild bench gave Geno a hard time for that stickhandling display. Didn't know stickhandling around people was showboating. really?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Off topic kind of but apparently this happened @JoshYohe_PGH: Someone on Wild bench gave Geno a hard time for that stickhandling display. Didn't know stickhandling around people was showboating. really?

I thought that was in reference to just killing time at the end of the 2nd. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't think anyone could have a problem with him on that goal, that was flippin pretty.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Dubnyk on the "non-interference" goal

“It’s a joke,” Dubnyk said of this one. “I just don’t understand it. That’s two now I don’t understand. I mean even the explanations don’t make sense. He tells me that the first play would have been no goal because it’s goalie interference, yet the only reason the goal happens was because of the first play for starters, which makes no sense. Then he tells me that I was on my stomach not knowing where the puck was, which was true until Hornqvist just decided to start digging underneath me when the puck was nowhere to be found, which he’d been doing all night. Turned me on my side, eventually my back and the puck ends up in the net. I’ve seen calls where a guy gets his hand touched and they call it no-goal and I’ve had two now where the explanations don’t make sense. I don’t know. I don’t understand it, and it changes the game, so it’s frustrating how they can watch the play over and over and over again, …

“You watch Hornqvist. He just starts digging, and the puck’s not there. He did it all night. … I mean Hornqvist is an effective a player as it is. If they’re going to let him do what he wants, he’s going to be even more effective. That’s exactly what he wants. It’s disappointing because we’re comfortable in a 2-1 hockey game and that opens it up a little bit. It’s just confusing.”

Russo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad