Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
aBYNNMT.jpg

Pierre's Top Ten Wild Facts:

10. Penguins forward Matt Cullen, a Moorhead, MN native, played for 3 years with the Wild.
9. Justin Fontaine won the NCAA tournament as a member of the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs his senior year.
8. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk played most of his career in Edmonton with the Oilers--though of course that was before Connor McDavid showed up to help turn their fortunes around!
7. This morning in an interview, I asked defenseman Ryan Suter what size breezers he wore, and, Doc, he told me they're a large.
6. Jason Zucker is the first NHL player born in the state of Nevada.
5. Charlie Coyle played for Boston University Boston Boston Boston Terriers Boston Boston Beanpot Hockey East Boston
4. The Wild picked Matt Dumba 7th overall in 2012. Like the Wild, I had him near the top of my draft board thanks to his offensive production with the Red Deer Rebels, and his winning smile.
3. Marco Scandella grew up in Montreal's Little Italy neighborhood, just 500 miles from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia where Sidney Crosby grew up!
2. Much like Sidney Crosby, Mikko Koivu was named Captain of his country's Olympic team in Sochi--though unlike Crosby, he was unable to play due to an injury.
1. Zach Parise played for Shattuck St. Mary's, the boarding school in Faribault, MN where his father JP famously coached Sidney Crosby.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Jonas Brodin, in his home nation of Sweden, once scored 4 goals in the same period of a bantam game, he ended that game as a plus 7. 25 in white, what a player, Doc!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
They haven't won there since 2011 it looks like. Have only played there the last two years though I think.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Nice work.

Well Doc, earlier today I had a chance to talk to former Shattuck-Saint Mary standout Sidney Crosby and he said that he expects the team to skate hard and play smart. Just goes to show you how much differently this guy thinks the game and how he's always one step ahead of his opponents. Great stuff overall. Back to you, guys..

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Nice work.

Well Doc, earlier today I had a chance to talk to former Shattuck-Saint Mary standout Sidney Crosby and he said that he expects the team to skate hard and play smart. Just goes to show you how much differently this guy thinks the game and how he's always one step ahead of his opponents. Great stuff overall. Back to you, guys..

thats some mind boggling stuff :huh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Very funny. Well done. :laugh:

Nice work.

Also got a good chuckle out of this one. :laugh:

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
aBYNNMT.jpg

Pierre's Top Ten Wild Facts:

10. Penguins forward Matt Cullen, a Moorhead, MN native, played for 3 years with the Wild.
9. Justin Fontaine won the NCAA tournament as a member of the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs his senior year.
8. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk played most of his career in Edmonton with the Oilers--though of course that was before Connor McDavid showed up to help turn their fortunes around!
7. This morning in an interview, I asked defenseman Ryan Suter what size breezers he wore, and, Doc, he told me they're a large.
6. Jason Zucker is the first NHL player born in the state of Nevada.
5. Charlie Coyle played for Boston University Boston Boston Boston Terriers Boston Boston Beanpot Hockey East Boston
4. The Wild picked Matt Dumba 7th overall in 2012. Like the Wild, I had him near the top of my draft board thanks to his offensive production with the Red Deer Rebels, and his winning smile.
3. Marco Scandella grew up in Montreal's Little Italy neighborhood, just 500 miles from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia where Sidney Crosby grew up!
2. Much like Sidney Crosby, Mikko Koivu was named Captain of his country's Olympic team in Sochi--though unlike Crosby, he was unable to play due to an injury.
1. Zach Parise played for Shattuck St. Mary's, the boarding school in Faribault, MN where his father JP famously coached Sidney Crosby.

You should scrounge up a few more of these and do a Pierre Wild Factoid Bingo board for our next NBCSN pens game.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Jared Spurgeon had tremendous potential when he kicked the first time in his mothers womb in 1989-90, Doc. He's also from Canada. Do you know who else is from Canada, Doc? Sidney Crosby, Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad