GDT: #17|Lightning vs. Pens| Nov. 15 7:00PM|PPG|TVAS, ATTSN-PT, SUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
You can still win in this league without a blazing fast team if you have structure. These guys never know where their team mates are going to be. The structure is non existant.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honestly, at this point, Sullivan has not one single clue on what to do.

I don't think he has since last season. I am not pouring on here, but these issues were the same as last year, I might have been the more annoying asshole about it last year when I said this is going to carry over, then it did and I have been a more annoying asshole about it because it's not going to change. It's not.

IF JR can't recognize it, he can make as many trades as he wants, it will never fix the biggest issue, being coaching.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Honestly, at this point, Sullivan has not one single clue on what to do.

Even if that’s true, we can all agree that this roster on the ice right now is terrible, yes? I mean Sully can coach his balls off but can’t force a guy like Sheahan to score a damn secondary assist at least.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think he has since last season. I am not pouring on here, but these issues were the same as last year, I might have been the more annoying ******* about it last year when I said this is going to carry over, then it did and I have been a more annoying ******* about it because it's not going to change. It's not.

IF JR can't recognize it, he can make as many trades as he wants, it will never fix the biggest issue, being coaching.

Hindsight being 20/20, I think that whole HGH God run tabled a more serious examination of Sully last season.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
ZAR, GWilson, Sheahan, Grant, Maatta, Johnson, Oleksiak, Ruhwedel. Good luck being fast with all those guys on your team at the same time.

Those guys aren't fast, physical (except Oleks), or skilled. They bring nothing.

Speed obviously worked great for 2 years. The rest of the league caught up. Instead of adapting, we just continue to try the same stuff that no longer works. At least JR should have assembled a legit shutdown 3rd line and a 4th that can bring energy and physicality

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hindsight being 20/20, I think that whole HGH God run tabled a more serious examination of Sully last season.

And the 'they're just taking it easy after two long seasons, they can flip a switch later' excuse.

Reactions: KIRK

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Those guys aren't fast, physical (except Oleks), or skilled. They bring nothing.

Speed obviously worked great for 2 years. The rest of the league caught up. Instead of adapting, we just continue to try the same stuff that no longer works. At least JR should have assembled a legit shutdown 3rd line and a 4th that can bring energy and physicality

I don’t agree that they’re doing the same stuff. We just established they’re not by admitting that half the roster is barely NHL quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad