GDT: #17|Lightning vs. Pens| Nov. 15 7:00PM|PPG|TVAS, ATTSN-PT, SUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Hindsight being 20/20, I think that whole HGH God run tabled a more serious examination of Sully last season.

I just think you guys are nuts if you think a coach with Sullivan's accomplishments isn't gonna be given a super long leash. Quenneville had two straight playoff failures *and* a missed playoffs before he got canned.

I think Sullivan has at least one mulligan (this year). If we're bad again next year though, he's gone.

Be very surprised to see anything happen earlier than that.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Even if that’s true, we can all agree that this roster on the ice right now is terrible, yes? I mean Sully can coach his balls off but can’t force a guy like Sheahan to score a damn secondary assist at least.

But Sully is making part of those roster decision like to play wilson and grant and Zar

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just think you guys are nuts if you think a coach with Sullivan's accomplishments isn't gonna be given a super long leash. Quenneville had two straight playoff failures *and* a missed playoffs before he got canned.

I think Sullivan has at least one mulligan (this year). If we're bad again next year though, he's gone.

And Bowman hated Q.

That being said they never missed the playoffs. Once they did he was out.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

He's not getting a long leash with Sid and Geno in their 30's. They made the mistake of keeping a coach who doubled down on dumb once before for too long. Not sure JR will make the same mistake.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
2x back to back champs...mmmmmm living in the past!
Let me ask you something...

If you win back 2 back cups.
Then have a year 3 where your guys are tired, but there's underlying issues that sprung up on the 2nd of the back 2 backs and festered all season.
Then in year 4, those issues are getting even worse...

How many times can you rest on those laurels of "hey we still won back 2 back!"

I say he should have been on the hot seat this summer to evolve his system, he hasn't. This is the final product here. Half this team looks like shit, we're blaming individual players, when it's something clearly way bigger than the players.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Honestly, Sullivan's mulligan was last year. I get winning 3 in a row is CRAZY, but there were severe problems that started in 16-17 and didnt change last year. And are, yay, here again.

Other than the first year when the team needed a real change of voice, he has inspired them to nothing.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Sid and Geno are quite a bit older than Toews and Kane and the Hawks D aged out...our window is shorter...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Let me ask you something...

If you win back 2 back cups.
Then have a year 3 where your guys are tired, but there's underlying issues that sprung up on the 2nd of the back 2 backs and festered all season.
Then in year 4, those issues are getting even worse...

How many times can you rest on those laurels of "hey we still won back 2 back!"

I say he should have been on the hot seat this summer to evolve his system, he hasn't. This is the final product here. Half this team looks like ****, we're blaming individual players, when it's something clearly way bigger than the players.

I agree completely. People ignore that the players elevated themselves against all odds in 16-17. 17-18 it didnt work out like that. HCMS has been in a funk for 2 years now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He's not getting a long leash with Sid and Geno in their 30's. They made the mistake of keeping a coach who doubled down on dumb once before for too long. Not sure JR will make the same mistake.

You really think JR has the balls to make that move this year?

I guess if they phone up coach Q and he's interested in the job, I could maybe see it. But I'd be surprised. I think they'll try more trades first.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
JR has every right to be mad.

He also needs to look in the mirror.

He is partly to blame, for sure. He should have moved Maatta sooner, the JJ signing wasn't ideal, etc...

But he should also be reigning in his coach, even if they aren't on the same page, he's constantly blaming the players now because I think he's just not wanting to create a bigger issue by saying the coaching needs to be better which is most definitely does.

How much of this team can he change? At this point, is he trading to make it more Sullivan's team (it already was more of his team with the playesr) or is he trying to make it idiot proof to make it so Sullivan can't even f*** it up?

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Honestly, Sullivan's mulligan was last year. I get winning 3 in a row is CRAZY, but there were severe problems that started in 16-17 and didnt change last year. And are, yay, here again.

Other than the first year when the team needed a real change of voice, he has inspired them to nothing.

The problems in 17 were losing the best dman on the team and fighting a hangover. And they still won. Can we stop this revisionist crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad