GDT: #17|Lightning vs. Pens| Nov. 15 7:00PM|PPG|TVAS, ATTSN-PT, SUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know that 5 on 5 it's bad.

This is 10X better than last game against New Jersey.

I think it's more than you have MAYBE a half dozen forwards who should even be playing right now.

That's it exactly. Horrible depth.

Worth noting I guess that we could in theory look much better with Brassard/Sid in but ehh even they can only cover up so much

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
He doesn’t make the callups but yes, it’s an organizational wide loss of focus.

He literally does not need to play Wilson right now, though. If GMJR keeps calling up trash, just dont put them in. JR will get the message. (also, no way head coach has no say in call ups).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We come out of a TV timeout and Geno isn't out for one of the first two shifts?

Sully in a nutshell.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just think you guys are nuts if you think a coach with Sullivan's accomplishments isn't gonna be given a super long leash. Quenneville had two straight playoff failures *and* a missed playoffs before he got canned.

I think Sullivan has at least one mulligan (this year). If we're bad again next year though, he's gone.

Be very surprised to see anything happen earlier than that.
If you are comparing JQ to Sully, you also seem to forget the resume JQ came into Chicago with that bought him that good faith to begin with. We are blaming JR for some of this, but if you saw the team Bowman handed JQ, you have to understand that Bowman was doing what Shero should have done which could have kept his job. Bowman fired JQ before the ownership fired both. That team sucks because Bowman ruined it slowly each year after Tallon left. It finally became trash and not even JQ could salvage that.

Sullivan is just god awful right now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If you are comparing JQ to Sully, you also seem to forget the resume JQ came into Chicago with that bought him that good faith to begin with. We are blaming JR for some of this, but if you saw the team Bowman handed JQ, you have to understand that Bowman was doing what Shero should have done which could have kept his job. Bowman fired JQ before the ownership fired both.

Sullivan's only blemish so far is losing to the eventual Cup champs though. And a poor regular season this year but we're not even to December yet. I mean, it's a hard hard sell to sack him now.

We'll see how patient JR is, but I'd be very surprised to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad