Prospect Info: #165 Overall - Oskar Steen

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm pretty positive Steen was played to showcase for a trade. At least I hope that's the case. Didn't hate his game, but also can't really think of any other reason why they went to him.

naw. Unlikely sole purpose. He is a responsible hockey player that has a quick trigger shot

I liked seeing him try to score from a bad angle yesterday. Almost went it

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I don't know how you go along so negative about the Bruins all the time- it boggles my mind. I don't know what Studnicka is going to be and neither do you. Maybe UFA is the answer and maybe it isn't. I prefer the team wait to see what they have in these guys before shipping them out. If it comes to a deal that just has to be made, great and so be it, but I want to see both Studnicka and Steen get their chance in the spoked B before writing them off.
I am not negative about the Bruins.......I am negative about the GM. I love the Bruins.....I dislike the GM and i think this board over values some players.
I dont dis like Studnincka, I like him. But i also know what he is. He is not replacing either Bergie or Krejci....He just does not have that skill level. Maybe you were one of the Bs fans that thought JFK was replacing Bergie some day. LOL, I was not. I am a realist and thats all. Stanley cup winning teams for the last fifty years have very similar methods of the way they are built. Bruins have that in this nucleus, but unfortunately they dont have the GM to capitalize on it. Even Kuraly for me....Is playing ahead of Studnincka come playoffs.....Kuraly has done it. He has proven to be a big game player. That means something in hockey. Steen.....I cant say anything. Have not seen him play. His game the other night was decent. Around the net and went to some dirty places......good sign. But 5 foot nine......Does not do much for me at the position. I am open minded, lets see what the kid has got. But Studnincka.....I have seen enough to know what he is. Just like Bjork last year.

Out of all the kids...Zboril to me and Louzan have the most upside. We are two players away from having a great shot. We are a top five team. If Jack Studnincka and a few other over rated pieces can get me those two players.......I am all over it. I bet Bergie would be also. This group deserves a chance at the cup... I know what my trade would be. I hope Sweeney uses his chips. STUDS, BJORK, GRYZ, .....For me, those are three right there.

Reactions: Kegs

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am not negative about the Bruins.......I am negative about the GM. I love the Bruins.....I dislike the GM and i think this board over values some players.
I dont dis like Studnincka, I like him. But i also know what he is. He is not replacing either Bergie or Krejci....He just does not have that skill level. Maybe you were one of the Bs fans that thought JFK was replacing Bergie some day. LOL, I was not. I am a realist and thats all. Stanley cup winning teams for the last fifty years have very similar methods of the way they are built. Bruins have that in this nucleus, but unfortunately they dont have the GM to capitalize on it. Even Kuraly for me....Is playing ahead of Studnincka come playoffs.....Kuraly has done it. He has proven to be a big game player. That means something in hockey. Steen.....I cant say anything. Have not seen him play. His game the other night was decent. Around the net and went to some dirty places......good sign. But 5 foot nine......Does not do much for me at the position. I am open minded, lets see what the kid has got. But Studnincka.....I have seen enough to know what he is. Just like Bjork last year.

Out of all the kids...Zboril to me and Louzan have the most upside. We are two players away from having a great shot. We are a top five team. If Jack Studnincka and a few other over rated pieces can get me those two players.......I am all over it. I bet Bergie would be also. This group deserves a chance at the cup... I know what my trade would be. I hope Sweeney uses his chips. STUDS, BJORK, GRYZ, .....For me, those are three right there.
18 NHL games and you know what Studnicka is? Please, while I won`t disagree that many on the board overrate players (guilty of it myself), it`s the way all fan bases are. There is NO replacement of Bergeron coming, first ballot HOF`er and I don`t think that is what the B`s think anyone in their prospect pool is going to be. As positive as I am about the development of Lauzon and Zboril, I`d say while we haven`t seen their final stage of development, we know what both are, more stay at home D men, one who plays with loads of nasty, both need work in their own zone but who look like NHL players, neither will do much offensively.

I`ll wager that while Studnicka won`t be a massive point producer, when he gets the chance to play C on a regular basis, we`ll see a kid who has more than enough capability to be a really nice 3C, maybe 2C but I think 3C who`ll produce 50 or so pts

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Steen thread.....I can comment, i have not seen the kid play. I did like his game the other night as i thougt he was around the net and played in the traffic a few times....Also noticed him heading down the seam between the circles tapping his stick as he went which is a sign of confidence......That said, he is 5 foot 9. so he might get muscled off the puck. I have to watch the kid fifteen twenty games....For me, i get a good feel by then.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Steen thread.....I can comment, i have not seen the kid play. I did like his game the other night as i thougt he was around the net and played in the traffic a few times....Also noticed him heading down the seam between the circles tapping his stick as he went which is a sign of confidence......That said, he is 5 foot 9. so he might get muscled off the puck. I have to watch the kid fifteen twenty games....For me, i get a good feel by then.

I don't remember the last time I've seen him get "muscled off the puck," whether that be SHL, Allsvenskan or AHL. I don't think height really matters when your legs are like two telephone poles. Kid is strong.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I don't remember the last time I've seen him get "muscled off the puck," whether that be SHL, Allsvenskan or AHL. I don't think height really matters when your legs are like two telephone poles. Kid is strong.
Welcome to the NHL pal......Sure looked like he got musceled off the puc on that play....while taking a penalty. I hope you saw the difference between the SHL and the AHL.........Did not take long. Just saying.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don’t want to speak too soon because all of these players have been inconsistent this year, but I’m liking what I’m seeing out of this debrusk-coyle-smith line.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020

i m with you on that Studnicka doesnt look better than Bjork right now...a third line player at most

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
18 NHL games and you know what Studnicka is? Please, while I won`t disagree that many on the board overrate players (guilty of it myself), it`s the way all fan bases are. There is NO replacement of Bergeron coming, first ballot HOF`er and I don`t think that is what the B`s think anyone in their prospect pool is going to be. As positive as I am about the development of Lauzon and Zboril, I`d say while we haven`t seen their final stage of development, we know what both are, more stay at home D men, one who plays with loads of nasty, both need work in their own zone but who look like NHL players, neither will do much offensively.

I`ll wager that while Studnicka won`t be a massive point producer, when he gets the chance to play C on a regular basis, we`ll see a kid who has more than enough capability to be a really nice 3C, maybe 2C but I think 3C who`ll produce 50 or so pts
Like your opinion on Studnicka. But I disageee with your assessment of the offensive potential of our young defensemen. IMO Zboril can develop into a solid two way. He leads rushes into the O zone and has a hard accurate shot on net. With additional experience I feel he can develop into a solid offensive threat. Bruce often spots him on the PP.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Like your opinion on Studnicka. But I disageee with your assessment of the offensive potential of our young defensemen. IMO Zboril can develop into a solid two way. He leads rushes into the O zone and has a hard accurate shot on net. With additional experience I feel he can develop into a solid offensive threat. Bruce often spots him on the PP.

I'm not sure I'd describe Zboril as a player with an accurate shot. He misses the net, a lot.

His choices of when to shoot (and when not so shoot) are also poor and his decision making from the point needs some work.

Personally I don't think he has the toolbox to ever be a point-producer from the back-end. He hasn't done it at lower levels really. I like Zboril but he's limited offensively from the offensive blue-line in. He's quite capable however of making solid break-outs and even shows some capability on carrying the puck over the offensive blue-line.

Last edited:

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I felt it was a tale of two players last night - the first few times I noticed him on the ice, he was looking out of place and making mistakes. Later in the game, I felt he did much better showcasing his ability to dig into the corners and forecheck. Room to grow, but was happy to see those on-ice adjustments from him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Thought he's looked more comfortable as the game went on. I love his style of play, just doesn't seem to care that he isn't the biggest guy and will throw his weight around against anyone. I would take him or Seny over Wagner easily right now.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Steen is a good player, he just vibes like that. I know a number of folks are viewing him as a trade chip right now (and why not, as there is still a need) but I hope the Bruins are able to hang on to him and we can see how he develops

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
wouldn`t be one bit upset if I was wrong about Zboril offensively, liked Ahcan last night too, whole lotta riverboat gambler in him so there will be moments where he`ll make the heart beat super quick but liked what I saw

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
wouldn`t be one bit upset if I was wrong about Zboril offensively, liked Ahcan last night too, whole lotta riverboat gambler in him so there will be moments where he`ll make the heart beat super quick but liked what I saw

I now call this the CPF- Cliffy Pucker Factor :laugh:

Reactions: ODAAT

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Not a lot of on ice practice time this year to climatize these young guys into the system playing with different players. So lets give them some slack. Steen looks good so far, better then Wags at making plays happen.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Good game by the "little piece of iron"

Doesn't play like 5'9

nice recognition/pass to Debrusk for the sweet goal

Pretty tough along the boards. And willing to take a big hit to make a play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad