Prospect Info: #165 Overall - Oskar Steen

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
24 mins for a forward sounds insane

this is another guy I was able to get for my ehl sim team so im jacked to see the rapid increase in expectations for this kid. I have never seen him play, but these reports are great... thanks all who are sharing with us

it is a lot for sure, but the game did go almost a full overtime period extra.

Im glad its appreciated, I will keep em coming :)

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
it is a lot for sure, but the game did go almost a full overtime period extra.

Im glad its appreciated, I will keep em coming :)
Please do and Thank you (tack så mycket). I went to Sweden once and loved it. As part of a Men's hockey/vacation trip.

Reactions: Gnome17

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
GAME WINNER!
I dont have the mental fortitude to give an analyze right now and was thinking that I would give a better report on him after the series is over.
But he just scored the game-winner in the 2nd longest playoff game in the swedish elite leagues playoffs history ever!! And Färjestad is up 3-2 in the series, game ended after 117 minutes.
Clutch! Was such a sick snipe, buzzing!

Last edited:

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
From my memories of the World Juniors, Steen=Kulhman. Fast, feisty, small. A useful bottom 6 forward.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
looks like I made a good choice by turning it off, Sucks because I want the blue Jackets to win our game but now Im not so sure that will be good for the teams mojo

I thought I was in the game thread as well LOL

The best scenario would be Bruins in OT.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsNetwork

From my memories of the World Juniors, Steen=Kulhman. Fast, feisty, small. A useful bottom 6 forward.

I think that’s pretty accurate, but I’d say there’s some solid offensive upside in the NHL for Steen. Personally, I see him as a 3rd-line, JG Pageau-type of player. Not gonna blow the doors off, but 10G-15G and 20-25A is pretty realistic for him I’d say.
Really hoping he gets a fair shake at center before he inevitably plays at RW at some point.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think that’s pretty accurate, but I’d say there’s some solid offensive upside in the NHL for Steen. Personally, I see him as a 3rd-line, JG Pageau-type of player. Not gonna blow the doors off, but 10G-15G and 20-25A is pretty realistic for him I’d say.
Really hoping he gets a fair shake at center before he inevitably plays at RW at some point.

The only thing I have to base it on is Dev Camp (and the fact that the SHL is not usually an offense heavy league and Steen is putting up good numbers), but I think Steen’s offensive upside is quite a bit higher than Kuhlman’s.

This year Steen is #1 in scoring for players 25 and under in the SHL. He’s also 6th in the SHL (under 25) for PIM’s and no other scorer is close (speaks to his grit).

In Camp he was probably the most skilled F there. Was an elite skater with sick hands. I think I already told the story about the “rope drill” where players had to chip the puck over the rope one side to the other (forward and backhand) while crossing over the rope.

He was the only prospect that completed several passes through the drill clean.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'd like to think that with steen's offensive showing in the SHL this year he has more upside than a Kuhlman.

This.

Being a top young player in one of the two best leagues outside the NHL is legit. Our forward prospects aren’t really lighting it up this dude is a bright spot.

How much longer is the Swedish season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad