Post-Game Talk: #16| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | February 18th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-1

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Relax, it's not even game day yet. Sunrise coming soon.
Hey if you want to start an “Eighties Pop Music That’s No Longer Popular For A Reason” thread, then have at it. ;)

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
должен выиграть
upload_2021-2-18_8-24-37.png

(Must win in Russian in honor of Ilya’s first win)

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Preview of bands incoming for the GDT....

Depeche Mode
INXS
Men Without Hat(rick)s
Peter Gabriel
Rupert Hine
Kenny Loggins
Genesis
J Giles Band
Go Go's
Cyndi Lauper
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett
When In Rome
Joe Esposito
Survivor

ETC

Many of the songs will be from 80's movie soundtracks or just a song that will remind you of a movie, and without cheating, we will do a guessing game.

zGHQb4O.gif

Reactions: Big L

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
3 out of 4pts, or even a split here, wouldn’t be bad, but.... I’m feeling greedy.

If we see the East as 5 teams (BOS, NYI, PHI, WSH and PIT) for 4 spots, then PIT seems like the biggest threat (unless you think one of the bottom 3 teams is better) to knock us out of the playoffs.

Two regulation wins vs Pit in these games will really put them in a rough position and give us a nice 8pt cushion in a shortened season. We’re playing great right now, so maybe we can pull it off.

Call me crazy but I think the Nelson line is about to breakout and Dal Colle is going to out up some points in these games. LGI.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
3 out of 4pts, or even a split here, wouldn’t be bad, but.... I’m feeling greedy.

If we see the East as 5 teams (BOS, NYI, PHI, WSH and PIT) for 4 spots, then PIT seems like the biggest threat (unless you think one of the bottom 3 teams is better) to knock us out of the playoffs.

Two regulation wins vs Pit in these games will really put them in a rough position and give us a nice 8pt cushion in a shortened season. We’re playing great right now, so maybe we can pull it off.

Call me crazy but I think the Nelson line is about to breakout and Dal Colle is going to out up some points in these games. LGI.
I think NJ might be one of the bottom 3 to watch out for. I think many are discounting them because their point total is low, but they’ve also played like 5 less games than everyone. They just dismantled the rags on Tuesday.

Reactions: buud

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I think he meant pics of your ex.

She's also that age . . . but if you think back to 1985 and 40DD you can imagine better . . . Nordic statuesque blond . . . you get the picture. I actually have a few stowed away but as James Bond would know: "For My Eyes Only" . . . :naughty:

Reactions: Strummergas

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Keep the good times rolling.
Of those 9 games we have 3 bad OT/SO losses that didn't have to be.
Threw points away. Now is the time to recover them.
I'm certain that Trotz gave them yesterday off for a team that played 3 games in 4 nights.
A rested team has to come out and attack that penguin defense with Jarry (.875 SV%).
Getting 2 in regulation is payback for the blown SO loss.
LGI

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Why? Weather related or, do they have a COVID issue I didn’t hear about?
I was not sure if Pitts area was getting the same snow storm as here or maybe worse. But after looking it up it now looks like they are only getting snow showers, so I would think game should be on.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

I agree, we need a regulation win for sure here. That's the fun of playing these games is obviously you want to focus in on the 'key competition' I'd say Philly, Caps and Pens are more important than any others. 0-2 vs Caps hurts, 0-0-2 is manageable vs Flyers and 1-0-1 vs Pens is more of what we need.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
The last Pens game was a joke in the last minute, they stole 2 points in the standings....can not let it happen again. Got outplayed for the 2nd and 3rd period against Buffalo last game also so I'm hoping Trotz has them focused on details and getting a lead. Getting a little space from 5th place in the division would be nice also.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Every team except in my humble opinion Buffalo can easily grab a playoff spot. (even the raggies) Gotta grab points when were hot. Go for the jugular now.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Every team except in my humble opinion Buffalo can easily grab a playoff spot. (even the raggies) Gotta grab points when were hot. Go for the jugular now.
No way for Rags, they are dumpster fire.

I will say Devils aren't out of the conversation.

Reactions: 13th Floor

Medvescak

Kid Calder
Mar 22, 2018
This one was on my mind...

Preview of bands incoming for the GDT....

Depeche Mode
INXS
Men Without Hat(rick)s
Peter Gabriel
Rupert Hine
Kenny Loggins
Genesis
J Giles Band
Go Go's
Cyndi Lauper
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett
When In Rome
Joe Esposito
Survivor

ETC

Many of the songs will be from 80's movie soundtracks or just a song that will remind you of a movie, and without cheating, we will do a guessing game.

Awesome Matt Martin, 80's were the best for alot of things, including music. My favorite decade.
Can anyone think of a better 80's song for the last game played at the Coli than this?:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
No way for Rags, they are dumpster fire.

I will say Devils aren't out of the conversation.

Agreed the Devs look pretty good. I do expect them to get worn about though.

If I had to bet, I would say it's 4 spots for the obvious 5 teams and I would bet that over and over this season.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Agreed the Devs look pretty good. I do expect them to get worn about though.

If I had to bet, I would say it's 4 spots for the obvious 5 teams and I would bet that over and over this season.
PIT doesn't look that obvious to me. Reputation based on past success and three big names but they're not a very good hockey team. If Blackwood is lights out and young stars continue to progress, NJ could be the bigger threat.

Reactions: Big L

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad