GDT: #16| New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | November 10th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-2

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m disappointed we haven’t seen morneiffense from Pulock.

Maybe they’re really making it a point for him to stay home and concentrate on defense?

Hes capable of so much offensively. I’d love to let him loose.

center55

Oct 12, 2009
Unfortunately the coach has made little difference. This team always starts strong and fails horribly in November and ends up in last. That will happen again this year unless of course Kuhnhackle is the top 6 secret we were looking for?

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack from my fellow Islander fans but I'm not even mad. GM Lou has way to much crap to clean from our last GMS destructive moves. We have right now 9 million dollars in dead salary from Clutterbuck and Ladd. Hard to win in a capped league with so much dead weight. Al so if I may we have a glut of LW in the pipeline, I'd trade Eberle for a second and third round pick considering we're low on picks in the 2019 draft. I'd love to trade Ladd but no one is taking that salary. If we are out of it at the deadline which I don't think we will but let's say we are Leddy has to be dangled at the deadline as well. Sign Lee and Nelson to 5 year deals and pray Karlsson hates it in San Jose and make a play for him.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I’m disappointed we haven’t seen morneiffense from Pulock.

Maybe they’re really making it a point for him to stay home and concentrate on defense?

Hes capable of so much offensively. I’d love to let him loose.

Not sure..as others have said, he doesn't hit the net a ton and he passes up alot of shots (as the rest of the team). I have to think the coaches aren't telling to NOT shoot, so I don't get it. He should be taking some extra practice time and work on consistently getting it on net.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Also like last year, isles passed by CBJ once in first.

Farkin groundhog day

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
The Canucks will bury them next game, as their transition game is very good and most players on that can really wheel with the pucks including a couple of their D man. Isles may need to sit some players out to send a messages and if they can bring a couple of guys up from The Sound tigers to get a shot with this team, in particular Toews who I think now is potentially better than some of the D on this team as he sees the game better.

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack from my fellow Islander fans but I'm not even mad. GM Lou has way to much crap to clean from our last GMS destructive moves. We have right now 9 million dollars in dead salary from Clutterbuck and Ladd. Hard to win in a capped league with so much dead weight. Al so if I may we have a glut of LW in the pipeline, I'd trade Eberle for a second and third round pick considering we're low on picks in the 2019 draft. I'd love to trade Ladd but no one is taking that salary. If we are out of it at the deadline which I don't think we will but let's say we are Leddy has to be dangled at the deadline as well. Sign Lee and Nelson to 5 year deals and pray Karlsson hates it in San Jose and make a play for him.

Karlsson, is that a joke!!

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
In the 5-3 last night they got one shot at the end. They've been making predictable passes over and over and over again during power plays and empty net situations without shooting. Trotz really needs to tell these guys to shoot or they'll be on the bench. It's a joke. IQ tests may be in order.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Bring Toews up to have a look, if they can somehow do that with no waiver risk of losing him. Think if you can elect to waive Pelech, as there is very little chance that another team would pick him up anyway the way he has played of late. I would keep all the guys who knows how to PK (get puck down the ice quickly, block shots effectively, have the strength and will to box out guys in front, good sticks on deflecting shots).

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Lee had a lot of rebounds to work with tonight, just couldn't finish.

Leddy and Barzal can't be on the same unit together, neither one wants to shoot. Bailey isn't a natural shooter either, so when he gets the puck and has to hold it the other team knows he's passing it back to another guy who also won't shoot it. Pelech had a poor game after a good first. Boychuk played well, as did Mayfiled. Hickey had a rough one for me tonight. I want Johnston or Martin in the lineup, I've seen enough of Kuhnhackl and he doesn't change the game the same way the other two do. We're not a skill team, so let one of those two (or both) hit things and slot the game down. I know Martin is hurt right now.

This is the team we all expected. We'll see some ups and downs.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
In the 5-3 last night they got one shot at the end. They've been making predictable passes over and over and over again during power plays and empty net situations without shooting. Trotz really needs to tell these guys to shoot or they'll be on the bench. It's a joke. IQ tests may be in order.
It is not the passing, it is being stationary when you pass. you need to move around and change the position to make their D losing their coverage. Shooting require opening up a lane or the shot will be blocked, especially when you do not have enough D men who can score from the point (like a Carlson from the Caps). Only when you both move and pass quickly you can break down their PK coverage and sneak a guy into goal scoring range to one time the puck. It is time to put Nelson on the first PP unit to give that unit some life as he is hot right now. Put a forward on the L point as Leddy has lost his touch on the PP.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Canucks will bury them next game, as their transition game is very good and most players on that can really wheel with the pucks including a couple of their D man. Isles may need to sit some players out to send a messages and if they can bring a couple of guys up from The Sound tigers to get a shot with this team, in particular Toews who I think now is potentially better than some of the D on this team as he sees the game better.

What do you have to lose at this point? Thing is we have conservative leadership; they like the status quo.

Think the team needs a shakeup. Trade or callup/demotion.

Beau was completely invisible.

Lehner isn’t at his previous level. That’s why I hate injuries when players are just finding their games.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

EP scares me. That is all.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Lee had a lot of rebounds to work with tonight, just couldn't finish.

Leddy and Barzal can't be on the same unit together, neither one wants to shoot. Bailey isn't a natural shooter either, so when he gets the puck and has to hold it the other team knows he's passing it back to another guy who also won't shoot it. Pelech had a poor game after a good first. Boychuk played well, as did Mayfiled. Hickey had a rough one for me tonight. I want Johnston or Martin in the lineup, I've seen enough of Kuhnhackl and he doesn't change the game the same way the other two do. We're not a skill team, so let one of those two (or both) hit things and slot the game down. I know Martin is hurt right now.

This is the team we all expected. We'll see some ups and downs.
We all agree Kuhnhackl is not going to be a difference maker, but the problem with the forwards is Beauvillier. We have nobody else to fill a second line LW spot unless someone is brought up from BPT. As I said earlier no matter where you put Beauvillier it is ruining the line. Does not matter whether it is Kuhnhackl or Beau, either way it is killing the line. I just do understand what is going on with Beauvillier. This should be the year where he was ready to take off. Instead he has regressed and regressed BADLY.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
We all agree Kuhnhackl is not going to be a difference maker, but the problem with the forwards is Beauvillier. We have nobody else to fill a second line LW spot unless someone is brought up from BPT. As I said earlier no matter where you put Beauvillier it is ruining the line. Does not matter whether it is Kuhnhackl or Beau, either way it is killing the line. I just do understand what is going on with Beauvillier. This should be the year where he was ready to take off. Instead he has regressed and regressed BADLY.

I can’t remember seeing Beau all that much the 2nd half of the game. So coaching recognizes.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Bad bad loss. Florida is bad. We should not be givin points to these teams. Couple guys on this team are not giving the commitment needed. Beau looks horrible right now. Leddy as well. I smell a Lou deal coming soon.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Bad bad loss. Florida is bad. We should not be givin points to these teams. Couple guys on this team are not giving the commitment needed. Beau looks horrible right now. Leddy as well. I smell a Lou deal coming soon.
What bad loss? Florida is bad? What are the Islanders? When did they pass Florida?

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018

Panthers fan coming in peace. This isn't a bad loss and the Panthers aren't bad. Don't let their record before Luongo's return fool you. They're averaging 3.23 goals of offense a game. Dadonov is on a 10-game point streak and Hoffman is on an 11-game point streak. Six players with at least 11 points. About 4 games in hand on every team in the league. Reimer and Hutchison are the only reasons they don't have substantially more points in the standings. Just look at their numbers vs. Roberto thus far. It's startling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad