Injury Report: '16-17 Sabres Injuries: Larsson, Fedun, Okposo, Nilsson, Foligno

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Bro, you JUST had an appendectomy. Watch from the press box for another couple games at least. What's the rush. Wow.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Bro, you JUST had an appendectomy. Watch from the press box for another couple games at least. What's the rush. Wow.

he's a warrior, unlike Bogo and Kuli who are always out, bleeding from "their wherever"

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

If it was laproscopic (likely), I don't think he's rushing it at all. I've known a few "normal" people who have had laproscopic appendectomies and these "normal" people are back to normal activity in 7-10 days.

ROR's body is finely tuned; it doesn't surprise me he's ready to go 9 days after his surgery.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
he's a warrior, unlike Bogo and Kuli who are always out, bleeding from "their wherever"
I'm pretty sure Kulikov's injury is still from slamming his spine into the edge of a bench door, not a laceration or abrasion.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Why has Larsson not been put on ir?

Because they don't need his roster spot yet. The only thing putting him on IR does is open up a roster spot. If they don't need the roster spot yet, then it doesn't really make any difference whether or not he's on IR.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Because they don't need his roster spot yet. The only thing putting him on IR does is open up a roster spot. If they don't need the roster spot yet, then it doesn't really make any difference whether or not he's on IR.

Is Ennis still far from coming back? Thought he was close?

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC

I doubt Pegula really cares but if he is put on LTIR doesn't insurance pay his wages and not Buffalo?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Is Ennis still far from coming back? Thought he was close?

He's close I believe, and Buffalo will need a roster spot when he's ready to come back. Presumably Larsson to IR or Bailey to Rochester will be the move.

I doubt Pegula really cares but if he is put on LTIR doesn't insurance pay his wages and not Buffalo?

I don't really see anything about insurance covering player salaries in the CBA, and definitely not relating to Bona-Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exceptions (or LTIR). I think any insurance coverage is on a case by case basis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad