Injury Report: '16-17 Sabres Injuries: Larsson, Fedun, Okposo, Nilsson, Foligno

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Girgensons had some injuries in all his PRO seasons, that's what it takes I guess. Why his name isn't in the table? When he'll be back?

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Girgensons had some injuries in all his PRO seasons, that's what it takes I guess. Why his name isn't in the table? When he'll be back?

Woodhouse had to step down for a bit, he's the one that would update the table. At first, the Girgs injury sounded day to day but it's obviously a little more serious.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Really hope Okposo doesn't miss too much time. I know we aren't making the playoffs but I'm hoping he can play and have a strong finish to his inauagural season in a Sabres uniform that he can carry over to next year. The first ~30 or so games Okposo was great for us. I think next year with a fully healthy Eichel and hopefully a better line mate on the LW that he can put up 60+ points again. Carrier and Bailey are doing good under the circumstances but they really shouldn't be on our #1 line playing with our two highest paid forwards.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-kyle-okposo-saturday/

Leading Sabres scorer Kyle Okposo will miss Saturday’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning with a rib injury, coach Dan Bylsma said this afternoon.

Bylsma didn’t have a full update on Okposo, who left Thursday’s 6-3 win against the Arizona Coyotes after Kevin Connauton hit him into the boards.

“He’s our leading scorer and absolutely a big part of our team and how we play, how we want to play,†Bylsma said following practice inside HarborCenter. “Big leadership in that aspect. That’s something we’ll miss when he’s not in the lineu.â€

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So we used 2 of our 4 recalls already..does Okposos injury allow us to use an emergency recall or do we need to use #3 if we want to bring up Baptiste?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
So we used 2 of our 4 recalls already..does Okposos injury allow us to use an emergency recall or do we need to use #3 if we want to bring up Baptiste?

I believe only one might have been used. Before Bailey and Rodrigues were recalled following the deadline, the Sabres would've been one healthy forward short. That said, no Okposo's injury does not allow an emergency recall. The Sabres had a healthy scratch at forward at that time, and Okposo's injury did not create an emergency situation.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I believe only one might have been used. Before Bailey and Rodrigues were recalled following the deadline, the Sabres would've been one healthy forward short. That said, no Okposo's injury does not allow an emergency recall. The Sabres had a healthy scratch at forward at that time, and Okposo's injury did not create an emergency situation.

Is it at all possible Bailey and/or Rodriguez were actually called up before the deadline preserving the callups?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Is it at all possible Bailey and/or Rodriguez were actually called up before the deadline preserving the callups?

They were sent down and recalled on deadline day. The only point of doing that is to have the recalls after the actual deadline so they can be sent back to Rochester this season.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Personal. Could be a family thing (Mom terminal) could be he hates Rochester, could be he gave up hockey. Who knows? We will know when we know.

Carrier is injured and the last update I know of was at the deadline when he apparently couldn't put any weight on his leg.

Baptiste is the guy who's out for personal reasons and let's not throw out completely random guesses as to why, please.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@JourdonLaBarber - The #Sabres will recall a defenseman to replace Falk in the lineup.

@ByMHarrington - The Sabres may have double Justin trouble for Thursday's game.

Defenseman Justin Falk (calf) has been ruled out of both remaining games this week and winger Justin Bailey (foot) is questionable after both were struck by shots.
Bailey was dinged Tuesday while Falk has been playing with the injuries for the last couple of games. Neither practiced Wednesday.

The Sabres are expected to call up Taylor Fedun from Rochester to replace Falk, provided he can get a flight west in time out of the Rochester snow.
The Amerks' game with Binghamton Wednesday night in Blue Cross Arena was postponed due to the weather and will be made up April 5.

Bylsma added there's a good chance Hudson Fasching will draw into the lineup Thursday, either to replace Bailey or in another spot.
Fasching has not played an NHL game since October 30 in Winnipeg and missed nearly three months with a severe groin injury.
"It will be an opportunity for him very similar to last year when he played seven games to show what he can do," Bylsma said.
"He's a big guy physical along the wall. That's what we need to see him do."

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffNewsVogl - Sabres start practice without Cody Franson, Dmitry Kulikov, Kyle Okposo and Taylor Fedun.

Once again, the Sabres have a thin blue line. A couple of Rochester players will fix that.

Buffalo, which practiced with just four defensemen Sunday, will call up two blue-liners from the Amerks for Monday’s game in Detroit.
The Sabres have been crushed by injuries to Dmitry Kulikov (concussion), Cody Franson (undisclosed), Justin Falk (calf) and Taylor Fedun (foot).
“It doesn’t look like there’s a chance that any of them can play tomorrow,” Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said in HarborCenter. “Day-To-Day is probably appropriate for all those guys.”

The Amerks are flying home from two weekend games in Newfoundland. Bylsma said they’re scheduled to connect in Toronto on Sunday afternoon, and two will be redirected to Detroit.
The recall options from the Amerks, who are also banged up on defense, are Casey Nelson, Brycen Martin, Mat Bodie. Rochester’s other healthy defensemen are on minor-league contracts.

The Sabres’ injury situation made for some dicey moments Friday in Anaheim. They were down to three defensemen at one point.
“You go from left D to right D to rest, and you came out and went to the left D, then right D and then rest,” Bylsma said.
“It was a short time, but we had the rotation going there. The fresh guy goes to the farthest point on the ice, and you move toward the bench to get some rest.”

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/19/sabres-decimated-defense-needs-two-recalls/

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Damn - so the update on Okposo is that there is no update.

With fantasy playoffs starting I'm wondering if I just drop Okposo and Stone and all my RW depth.

Hate how mum they are on these injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad