Injury Report: '16-17 Sabres Injuries: Larsson, Fedun, Okposo, Nilsson, Foligno

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
It was some time before Tyler Ennis could talk with the media after practice in KeyBank Center late Thursday morning. The forward was in the training room getting treatment.
And more treatment. And a little more after that. Returning from his sports hernia/groin surgery has been a long process. It requires patience and precaution.
That’s why Ennis, who returned on Monday after missing 30 games, was scratched on Tuesday in Toronto.

“It’s a complex area. There’s a lot going on down there,” Ennis said. “Optimistically I wanted to play every game here on out but you know, like I said it’s complex down there.
I’ve just got to make sure I’m able to do what I can out there, that I’m able to play how I can out there so I’m going to stay getting treatment.
It takes a lot of time and it’s a lot of work. It’s a horrible feeling because all I want to do is play. It’s frustrating just being out and everything that goes along with it.
The worst is feeling you’re letting people down, letting the team down and all I want to do is get back.”

Coach Dan Bylsma expects Ennis back in the lineup Friday when the Sabres host Detroit in KeyBank Center. It’s a good chance he will play again Saturday in Montreal.
Bylsma said he anticipated Ennis not being ready for back-to-back games earlier this week. “It’s more likely that he’ll play this back-to-back than the first one,” Bylsma said.
“I kind of anticipated the first one but planning right now for him to play the Detroit game and hopefully he can go forward with Montreal.”

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/19/sabres-notebook-ennis-expected-back-ullmark-new-mask/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffNewsVogl - Zemgus Girgensons is "more than day-to-day" at this point.
The center missed Thursday’s 5-2 loss to Anaheim with a full-body injury, and he won’t play in either game this weekend.
Dan Bylsma - “He’s more than day-to-day at this point. It’ll be through the weekend, then we’ll see on Monday.”

Cody Franson blocked a shot off his foot and won't play this weekend. Will be further evaluated today.
While the Sabres kicked soccer balls and bounced oversized workout balls Friday, Cody Franson stood by with his foot in a walking boot.
Dan Bylsma - “Franson blocked a shot in his foot and will be evaulated more today. He is not going to be playing tomorrow or Sunday.”

Zach Bogosian (ribs) skated on his own and the team will evaluate his reaction to contact.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffNewsVogl - Sabres' Cody Franson will miss two to three weeks with a bone bruise in foot, Dan Bylsma says. Return would be right around trade deadline.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
@BuffNewsVogl - Sabres' Cody Franson will miss two to three weeks with a bone bruise in foot, Dan Bylsma says. Return would be right around trade deadline.

Just when we need a push to decide the playoff picture an already thin blue line gets thinner.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Dennis Miller?? Damn, that really IS a rough rehab...

dennis-miller-9542519-1-402.jpg

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Some good news at least.

Also, Dan Bylsma totally doesn't clear players to play when coming off an injury, how silly of me to ever think that :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad