GDT: #16 - 02/24/21 | RANGERS @ flyers | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
People talking about Buchnevich.

He is what he is. What has been a bright side is his PK. Who knew?

But this guy is a 50-55 pt guy. He’s a valuable piece, but he isn’t a 1st line guy, or this otherworldly skilled guy. Solid player. Fantastic value as a 3rd round pick.

I agree. He gets too much flack on here. He’s going to make bad decisions and be inconsistent. He’s a 50 point player who has rounded out his game to also be a solid PKer. I’m happy with who he is. Not every player is going to be perfect and consistent but he’s a valuable guy and a good team guy.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Wide open hockey is so entertaining.

So happy for Zibanejad. He was a factor. 2 helpers but could’ve had at least two goals in this one. He’s getting chances.

Kreider was in beast mode.

Smith had some hop in his game tonight. Where did that come from?

Love watching Farabee. He is letting and exceeding expectations. He would have fit in Quinn’s system perfectly.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think I was wrong about Lemmy. Thought he would be able to be a 15-20 goal scorer while providing some grit. Watching him miss the net and make dumb passes was comical.

Reactions: nyr2k2 and Tob

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
A team cannot have a jerkoff like that around. I don't care if he's Drew Daughty. We will better off in the long run. Who cares about this season; we have no shot at doing anything. more losses; higher pick.

I get what you are saying, but there are assholes in all walks of life.

People (not you specifically) need to grow the f*** up and learn to deal with that shit.

I've been working for 35+ years, worked with many an asshole, its not the end of the world.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Befuddles me why letting a developmental college coach go in favor of a successful NHL coach is such a difficult thing to even consider.

Reactions: bl02

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
I agree. He gets too much flack on here. He’s going to make bad decisions and be inconsistent. He’s a 50 point player who has rounded out his game to also be a solid PKer. I’m happy with who he is. Not every player is going to be perfect and consistent but he’s a valuable guy and a good team guy.

Agree. But to the same point, for those that drool over everything he does...He’s either overrated by fans or underrated.

He’s a solid player. He’s miscast right now on the 1st line, but man...imagine if we got Eichel and could keep Zibanejad. Imagine him playing on a 3rd line with Chytil...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't disagree, it's just that he's SO frustrating because it just seems like there's this clear next level to his game that he just can't get to. He's like a tease.

Reactions: RGY and LokiDog

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We should keep repeating Fox was incredible. I don't think many of us are biased on here in fact we are tough on many Ranger players but watching this guy it's like he slows everything down even better than Panarin.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
I have to say, Blackwell is wayyyyy better than Howden. Howden is redundant at this point.

And this is after Howden definitely improved his skating. He is reads the play too slowly and looks lost and behind the action. Most significantly he just doesnt have the skill level.

He is an AHL player.

Reactions: DuneGoon84

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I have to say, Blackwell is wayyyyy better than Howden. Howden is redundant at this point.

Except Blackwell is about to be 28 and has played 41 NHL games and has 12 points. Howden is about to turn 23 and had played 152 NHL games and is slowly rounding into a solid 4th line center. I’m fine with Howden as long he’s on the 4th line and not being asked to play higher in the lineup.

Blackwell’s bday is March 27 and Howden’s is March 28. Kinda funny.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I think I was wrong about Lemmy. Thought he would be able to be a 15-20 goal scorer while providing some grit. Watching him miss the net and make dumb passes was comical.
I thought he’d be a guy to piss other teams off but instead he just pisses me off. I think I was wrong about him too.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
The Hayes goal killed them. As much as it was a great shot, it has to be stopped. They scored three with this trash lineup.

I'm usually one to defend certain goals given up - but Igor absolutely has to stop that one. He got caught being a bit lazy and not squaring the shooter. Was it a great shot? Absolutely. Igor did himself no favors whatsoever on the way he played it.

He wants that one back.

Reactions: Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I thought he’d be a guy to piss other teams off but instead he just pisses me off. I think I was wrong about him too.

I think I remember when Lemieux had some good games. Haven't seen it much since his move here from Winnipeg. Maybe a different coach that will let him unleash his pesty side.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Still don’t understand why it seems like Strome and Buchnevich will pass up very high quality chances from perfect areas to pass to a teammate in a worse position with a lower chance of scoring. It’s absolutely absurd to me.

Blackwell did it multiple times tonight too. It’s like it doesn’t matter who the personnel is, who the coach is or anything. We just always have players who are always over passing. It’s insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad