GDT: #16 - 02/24/21 | RANGERS @ flyers | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
That could have easily been 7 or 8 goals against
Easily

The Good- Mika looked like an nhl player. Kreids, Fox, shesty

The Bad- Quinn’s dumb line up decisions, his signature too many men penalties, brodzinski over Barron, etc. Blackwell on PP, Buch, overall team D, starting the game like white dog shit again.

The Redden- faceoffs, Kevin Hayes with the game winner, preparation, breakaways, Jack Johnson on his knees more then a dime store hooker, injuries, amateur mistakes made by coach who will be defended by the Quinnies

Last edited:

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I think I remember when Lemieux had some good games. Haven't seen it much since his move here from Winnipeg. Maybe a different coach that will let him unleash his pesty side.
Maybe that’s true. I certainly expected a lot more out of him. Doesn’t really give us energy or momentum.

Reactions: Tob

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think I was wrong about Lemmy. Thought he would be able to be a 15-20 goal scorer while providing some grit. Watching him miss the net and make dumb passes was comical.
I've been saying it for a couple years, he's just not that effective at what he supposedly does. And then we he tries to be a point producer, you see that the skills just aren't there.

He's fine as a spare, like how you used to carry a goon and dress him against other teams with goons. But I'd really prefer he not have a regular spot in the lineup.

Unfortunately we don't have the depth at the moment to make that possible.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Still don’t understand why it seems like Strome and Buchnevich will pass up very high quality chances from perfect areas to pass to a teammate in a worse position with a lower chance of scoring. It’s absolutely absurd to me.

Blackwell did it multiple times tonight too. It’s like it doesn’t matter who the personnel is, who the coach is or anything. We just always have players who are always over passing. It’s insane.
It's a mind set.. and not a good one or one that you 'win' with IMO

We really need more finishers/gamers

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Overall a nice effort. Guys fought hard but couldn't overcome the overwhelming levels of stupidity in general.

Reactions: Cmox

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Coming out flat every time after a longer layoff, admittedly forgetting about effective players on the bench, tons of too many men penalties

its pathetic

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It's a mind set.. and not a good one or one that you 'win' with IMO

We really need more finishers/gamers
We really need our young guys to become finishers. Unless a miracle trade happens we can't really afford any (i.e a guy like Hoffman)

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The disorganization and compete level tonight... thats on the coaching staff. Thats on Quinn again. They werent ready to play YET AGAIN.

Who are we giving him credit it for in developing? Chytil? Even with his play improving, he isnt exactly lighting the world on fire. Kakko? The quotes are out there that he felt stifled in what he could do last season. Who? Fox? Yeah absolutely not. Lindgren? Maybe. Buch? I’ll give him Buch. Who else?

This coach needs to go

Reactions: Black Aces and Tob

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I agree. He gets too much flack on here. He’s going to make bad decisions and be inconsistent. He’s a 50 point player who has rounded out his game to also be a solid PKer. I’m happy with who he is. Not every player is going to be perfect and consistent but he’s a valuable guy and a good team guy.

I agree on Buch, but, I think what people are getting upset about is he's starting to be consistent in passing off shots when we need a goal late in the game when he has a grade A chance to get a good shot on net and have linemates go for a rebound. It's all I want from him, in that situation - puck on net.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The disorganization and compete level tonight... thats on the coaching staff. Thats on Quinn again. They werent ready to play YET AGAIN.

Who are we giving him credit it for in developing? Chytil? Even with his play improving, he isnt exactly lighting the world on fire. Kakko? The quotes are out there that he felt stifled in what he could do last season. Who? Fox? Yeah absolutely not. Lindgren? Maybe. Buch? I’ll give him Buch. Who else?

This coach needs to go

He does need to go but the compete level was not a problem tonight.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Should we trade him?
I know a few teams would be interested but the return would be paltry. I think we should keep him as depth especially this year. Right now his value has to be low. I just think we know he won't be a guy we pay any kind of decent money to in the future.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Except Blackwell is about to be 28 and has played 41 NHL games and has 12 points. Howden is about to turn 23 and had played 152 NHL games and is slowly rounding into a solid 4th line center. I’m fine with Howden as long he’s on the 4th line and not being asked to play higher in the lineup.

Blackwell’s bday is March 27 and Howden’s is March 28. Kinda funny.
I’m not pitching in for cake though.

Reactions: Unpredictable1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad