GDT: #15| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | November 8th | 7:30 PM | F/L 4-2

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
pikachu_surprised_meme-e1540570767482.png

Reactions: The Lighthouse

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Butch,STFU about luck...they converted on a terrible play and sealed their zone after they got the lead..that is what great teams do

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Isles had a good enough 3rd period to get a point out of this game. A bad clear and a sleepy 2nd period cost us.

60 minutes boys. 60 minutes.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
A pretty decent played game against a team much better than them and one last play killed them. Don't get me wrong, bad play by Pulock by all three forwards went outside of the zone before the puck came to them. That was a boneheaded play by Nelson, Eberle, and Kuhnackel.

ALEXIVICH CHULKATURI

Dec 5, 2010
HILTON HEAD ISLAND
The team we played against tonight are contenders to come out of the east and we played them squared to the last 90 seconds of the game. I'm damn proud of the boys and their effort tonight. We have players in the AHL who are burning it up, I think we are going to see some demotions and promotions coming soon.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Not totally upset as TBL is the likely Eastern conf team to face Nash for the cup, and with mostly a crap roster kept it close despite playing like sh0t for over 50% of the game.

Played hard the 1st, slept through the second, woke up with about 10 minutes left in the game, which you cannot do against a team with that much firepower. I can't imagine how badly we'd have been smoked had Hedman been playing as he drives a lot of their offensive blueline play. No points, but didn't really deserve any.

Reactions: Surfrat and dood

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Well that was disappointing. Oh well, didn’t expect to win, but they played them a lot tougher than I thought they would.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think Pulock might've been expecting Eberle (?) to pull up a little sooner, while Eberle thought he was getting the stretch pass. All three forward fled the zone early and the puck didn't leave, so that means it ends up in the back of the net.

Cameraguy

Jun 29, 2009
PDO my ass.... Tampa has the best record in the league and we skated with them. The Islanders have won some close ones and lost them. The entire season is going to be like this so get used to it.
Yes but with that much time left in the game you can’t give a point away. Pulock thought ya we’re good I’ll just dump it like an idiot and take it to over time.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yeah, it hurts more, but only because overall we played a pretty good game against a damn good team. We're in these games all the while getting nothing from many key players, Barzal, Leddy, Beau, Pulock. It sucks to lose but I'm staying positive about this team.
I guess the bad thing is that our best player tonight after Bailey was VF and he is not a part of the future of this team, and the guys who aren't getting anything done will be.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Outside of 15 mins in the 2nd, thought they went toe-to-toe w the most talented team in the league.

Puck management is embarrassing though, unforced turnovers. Further, Leddy had one of his worst games, getting tired of him. Was always meh about him.

Pulock still has some worts to work out, he’s playing top pairing mins.

Blown points in two straight. Will bite you when you miss a WC by a point.

Facing a Florida team w Lu back on Sat. They are a different team w him in the net.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
To be fair, we did switch it up on that particular PP.

They only put Pulock on the 1st unit when it’s 5vs3 or 4vs3. That’s been the case every time this year.

I’d like to see

Barzal Lee Nelson

Pulock Bailey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad