GDT: #15| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | November 8th | 7:30 PM | F/L 4-2

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We can't win every game and if we had to lose..TBL is acceptable...learn from it and don't make the same mistakes

Reactions: dood

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I think Pulock might've been expecting Eberle (?) to pull up a little sooner, while Eberle thought he was getting the stretch pass. All three forward fled the zone early and the puck didn't leave, so that means it ends up in the back of the net.
It looked like set play if they won draw I don’t know if Pulock was supposed to go up boards with it or stretch it up to Nelson. They probably should have just played that conservative.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I want Beau to sit and I want Leddy ****ing traded, like now! The guy is a ****ing waste of goddamn legs.
I've tried to give Leddy every benefit of the doubt but it is becoming pretty clear even to me that he has checked out. BT's not going to say anything publicly other than in vague generalities, but his play must be driving him nuts.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
What's the problem with Nelson? Off to a pretty good start and has even been ok into November.

Right now, Nelson is a serviceable forward. Plays well enough to remain relevant, but doesn't add more value than that. He doesn't drive the play, he doesn't create...he fills a spot...not a role..a spot. Take is wingers and add Flip, you will see a noticeable difference...nielsen...JT...Barzal...Zeeker. His line has to work extra hard to make something happen.

He's not the weakest link, but we need someone else...Or be put on wing he's an opportunist, not a playmaker or driver.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I really dislike the Leddy/Pulock pair even though they have been ok. Two guys who really want to get up ice I believe shouldn’t be paired. Leddy needs a stay home guy but Boychuk can’t handle those minutes any longer. Mayfield has been good with Hickey but I’d switch Mayfield and Pulock to see how that works.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Right now, Nelson is a serviceable forward. Plays well enough to remain relevant, but doesn't add more value than that. He doesn't drive the play, he doesn't create...he fills a spot...not a role..a spot. Take is wingers and add Flip, you will see a noticeable difference...nielsen...JT...Barzal...Zeeker. His line has to work extra hard to make something happen.

He's not the weakest link, but we need someone else...Or be put on wing he's an opportunist, not a playmaker or driver.
Yeah, serviceable I would say is accurate, but as forwards go on this team............. Know what I'm sayin'?

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I've tried to give Leddy every benefit of the doubt but it is becoming pretty clear even to me that he has checked out. BT's not going to say anything publicly other than in vague generalities, but his play must be driving him nuts.
They need him to be top pair guy and he really should be but he just isn’t right now. I’m believer in Toews but he isn’t as good as Leddy. I do think though that is direction they could be headed trading Leddy to get a forward and giving Toews shot which also has cap considerations

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
They need him to be top pair guy and he really should be but he just isn’t right now. I’m believer in Toews but he isn’t as good as Leddy. I do think though that is direction they could be headed trading Leddy to get a forward and giving Toews shot which also has cap considerations
Good thoughts all and you are probably right about the present value of Leddy v Toews, but I just can't see Leddy as a part of this team going forward and I am starting to be sold on letting Toews take his lumps up with the big club vs watching Leddy mail it in.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Good thoughts all and you are probably right about the present value of Leddy v Toews, but I just can't see Leddy as a part of this team going forward and I am starting to be sold on letting Toews take his lumps up with the big club vs watching Leddy mail it in.
personally it’s probably Toews up here soon as he is beyond ready.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
personally it’s probably Toews up here soon as he is beyond ready.
I'd agree with you if LL wasn't the GM. I am getting the vibe that he going to give BT a lot of time with the group he is working with now. I think they are both still in evaluation mode all the while trying to win games and remain competitive.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I'd agree with you if LL wasn't the GM. I am getting the vibe that he going to give BT a lot of time with the group he is working with now. I think they are both still in evaluation mode all the while trying to win games and remain competitive.
Yes Lou has always been a very patient developer of players so when a kid is brought up here it will be most likely to stay. I think though we are getting to point where Trotz is learning this group. We could start to see changes soon as things get tweaked.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
They lost a game they were expected to lose.
No biggie...

The next game in Florida will be more telling.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Pulock gets such a pass on here it is absurd. He has 1 goal and 5 points in 15 games and gets the most ice time of any defenseman. If he had 4-5 goals 13-15 points like the top offensive dmen, you can give him a pass for mistakes. The guy is not putting up any offense and if he is not doing that you cannot make the kind of mistakes that singlehandedly cost your team a game. It is RIDICULOUS to pin the blame on the forwards leaving the zone. Technically that might have also contributed but nobody should expect in that position that your dman is going to hand the puck right back to the other team with no pressure while breaking out of the zone. It was a horrendous play and 100% on Pulock.

Reactions: Zeeker

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This guy is the real deal. He sees what we all see.

Now Lou has to improve the team, especially the defense to take advantage of the coach we finally have.

Give Trotz a good roster and he will compete and win hockey games.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
They lost a game they were expected to lose.
No biggie...

The next game in Florida will be more telling.
I thought we learned a lot in this game. Lehner had an off night but was still pretty good. Barzy has a lot of work to do. Gonna take a miracle to resurrect Beau and Leddy. Our grizzled old vets continue to play well. But maybe the biggest thing was that WE didn't play our best game, with a big chunk of our team either not contributing at all or being outright liabilities yet we still hung tough with one of the best teams in the league. That tells me that we can still improve a great deal from where we are now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BelovedIsles

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yes Lou has always been a very patient developer of players so when a kid is brought up here it will be most likely to stay. I think though we are getting to point where Trotz is learning this group. We could start to see changes soon as things get tweaked.
I am really beginning to believe that Beau's WE status, which is expiring in the next 5 games or so, may be the time at which they make some moves. I have no information that suggests it - in fact LL's interview yesterday suggests the exact opposite - but that is what my gut tells me. If he can't get going in a significant way very soon he gets one more waiver free trip to Bport and up comes JHS or MDC. And maybe they can get something done with Leddy then too but his trade value has to be dropping like a stone.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
We were in the game, and probably deserved a point.

A couple of bad shifts in the second, one bad pass at the end, and a PP with five passers and no shooters and nobody blocking the goalie.

But you do have to give their goalie (see how I cleverly avoided having to spell his name?) credit for some excellent saves.

Last edited:
Reactions: dood and majormet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad