Speculation: 15/16 Roster Discussion (NHL.com projects Panthers starting lineup)

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
So Tallon said the roster for the final pre-season game against TB will be our opening night roster?

When do you guys think we should expect to hear our final cuts? Tomorrow?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
but we don't need anymore forwards lol.

huberdeau - barkov - jagr
pirri - bjugstad - smith
***** - bolland - ******
***** - mackenzie - ******

four spots left for havlat, trocheck, grimaldi, howden, crouse, brickley, thornton & kampfer.
good competition for those spots imo.
Now Booth is gone, I'm hoping for Rocco, Vince, Brickley, and either QH or Crouse.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
What's the status of Grimaldi's injury? Last I remember, gone from 1 week to 2.
If he is injured when season starts, he stays in big league, right? Cannot be sent down?

JOL

I think u r correct... Everyone is pencilling in Grimaldi to the 23 man roster but I think he will be sent down when healthy... We can't have the young kids sitting in the press box... They need minutes in ahl... That's y expect havlat to make it as it doensnt matter if he's in the press box all the time

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
What's the status of Grimaldi's injury?

Depends on the severity of the 'roll', which is probably a sprain. They made it sound like it was nothing because they said out at least a week. Well the week is over and he's only going to return when he can bear full weight on it. That's pretty much unknown because we don't know if he had imaging done. Or maybe its fine and he'll be back a couple games into the season. I think he'll be back a couple games in.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
What's the status of Grimaldi's injury? Last I remember, gone from 1 week to 2.
If he is injured when season starts, he stays in big league, right? Cannot be sent down?

JOL

Like I said in the other thread, it very well could be up to 2 months. Ankle sprains, also depending on the exact spot are tricky.

I think he makes the bigs when he's healthy. He can absolutely be sent down, but I don't think he will.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I would guess there's 3 spots left, 4lw, 4rw, and the 3rd bench guy. That's why i was surprised Booth was cut, I figured he'd make it over Havlat easily and I can't imagine they want a kid rotting on the sidelines.

Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr
Pirri-Bjugstad-Smith
Jokinen-Bolland-Trocheck
x-Mackenzie-x

soup and Ekblad
Mitchell and Guds
Kulikov and Petrovic

Luongo
Montoya

Scratches-Thornton, Kampfer, x

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Any updates? Sounds like they've just about got their 23 man roster short of what happens with Havlat?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Tallon could very well be looking to scoop someone off waivers. You think he would have signed Havlat by now or had him play in the last game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad