GDT: #15 - 11/06/18 | canadiens @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'm starting to wonder if Gorton and company are having 2nd thoughts about trading Hayes.He and Mika make a real solid 1-2 punch down the middle and both play in all situations.

Hayes gets a lot of crap, and some rightfully so. But he is a great puck carrier and he creates dangerous plays.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I can't stop watching the Pionk goal. I wouldn't trade it for William Nylander.

One game isn't going to do that.

If he does that for the rest of the season? Yeah.
He's been playing well all season though.Just hasnt resulted in as many points as it probably should have if his linemates buried a few more of his set ups

Reactions: Buchnevich89

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
4 game winning streak. Great game for us. DeAngelo and Buchnevich both with fantastic games. Pionk with a wonderful goal. Hayes was setting everyone up. Staal was gnarly as f***. Zibanejad has been using his body a lot this year and tonight he was like a runaway truck. Chytil was playing very physical too and despite the two high sticks I liked Andersson's game. And Vesey is playing really hard and a lot smarter. So I was pretty much happy with everyone tonight.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This is the best game I’ve seen in 2018. Other than that game against the Penguins where Pionk had 3 assists (I think). But tonight may have been a little better than that.

Please don’t trade Hayes.
Please keep both ADA and Pionk.

The whole team played so well. I can’t really fault anyone. Even Staal.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
But he will do well. He’s been helping this team. Fancy stats can only show so much. They are important, but they can’t be the only thing you judge a player by. Pionk has a net positive on this team. And I would have said that before tonight. He’s playing against other teams’ top lines. And he’s really eating minutes up. He could be better for sure, but that’s not his role. And yet, he’s still not playing badly.
I guess your definition and my definition of "helping this team" are different from one another. Pionk makes a lot of dumb plays but people seem to forget because he has a nice assist or a flashy goal.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I guess your definition and my definition of "helping this team" are different from one another. Pionk makes a lot of dumb plays but people seem to forget because he has a nice assist or a flashy goal.
I disagree. He makes some dumb plays (and who doesn’t), but for the most part, he’s a really smart hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad