Prospect Info: #143 Marian Studenic (RW)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Pronounced, Stewdeneech

Skilled, offensive minded, knock on him has been is he strong enough and durable to be able to play in NA Pro Leagues.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Masisak had an article earlier today in the Athletic where Fitzgerald talked about all of our 20 picks in the past two years. Here's what they had. Here's their part on Studenic:

Marian Studenic, No. 143
Right wing, 6-foot-1, 164 pounds
2017-18: 20 goals, 48 points in 62 games for Hamilton (OHL); 0 points in 5 games for Slovakia at IIHF World Junior Championship
Fitzgerald's take: High compete, can really skate. He can play either wing. Great character. This kid never stops smiling. He just smiles all day at the rink. He’s having a really good year. The coach and the GM [for Hamilton] speak really highly of his character.
He’s likely to take the same path as Gignac. We’re going to try and sign him, and I don’t think there will be any reason he wouldn’t sign, and then the question will be, does he go back to junior next year? There’s not a doubt that we want to bring him in the organization.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Masisak had an article earlier today in the Athletic where Fitzgerald talked about all of our 20 picks in the past two years. Here's what they had. Here's their part on Studenic:

Marian Studenic, No. 143
Right wing, 6-foot-1, 164 pounds
2017-18: 20 goals, 48 points in 62 games for Hamilton (OHL); 0 points in 5 games for Slovakia at IIHF World Junior Championship
Fitzgerald's take: High compete, can really skate. He can play either wing. Great character. This kid never stops smiling. He just smiles all day at the rink. He’s having a really good year. The coach and the GM [for Hamilton] speak really highly of his character.
He’s likely to take the same path as Gignac. We’re going to try and sign him, and I don’t think there will be any reason he wouldn’t sign, and then the question will be, does he go back to junior next year? There’s not a doubt that we want to bring him in the organization.

He could probably use another year in juniors.

Reactions: devilsblood

feerlessleadr

Jul 1, 2006
New Jersey
I thought I was the only one with that problem. They haven't been loading for me in months. I have to view them on my phone to see them.

If you are using ublock origin in chrome, add the following to the 'My Filters' tab in your ublock settings:

Code:
@@||github.io^

That should allow the twitter images to load on the site again.

full disclosure, I got this from reddit regarding another site, so not sure if there are implications of whitelisting this site.

Reactions: Tao Jones

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Back to juniors please for another year please. I see Bastain and Gignac's as examples against moving these kids up the AHL when the juniors option is still there.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
yeah it works turned off. but hf ads are lolworthy
I guess turn it back on and start enabling things one by one till you find the offending block. I really thought it was github, but I was messing with a lot of things at once, so I could be mistaken.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Back to juniors please for another year please. I see Bastain and Gignac's as examples against moving these kids up the AHL when the juniors option is still there.
Im not so sure this is fair, it will all depend what they look like at 21 years old. Gignac was bad luck, sure he was having a poor start to the season but i trust Kowalsky developing kids in Albany.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah maybe they clued her and the radio telecast into doing a report since they were clearly looking to sign him...certainly was fortuitious timing if not.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
i miss her face :(

what was the reasoning for not keeping her in her role? if it was her choice, it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to be more than just a pretty face. her typed up content is pretty amazing/impressive. as far as i'm concerned, she has nothing to prove

Yeah...she was amazing in so many aspects :nod:. Doesnt she do stuff for NHL.com and a bunch of other stuff too? I'm guessing maybe she got paid more and also got to travel around and not have to cover just one team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Couldn't have been that acrimonious a change considering she's still been doing a lot of team farm stuff as well as prospects stuff in general. I think her dad had health issues too, that could have factored into her scaling back from an everyday role with an NHL team and just doing college/juniors prospect stuff.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
If you are using ublock origin in chrome, add the following to the 'My Filters' tab in your ublock settings:

Code:
@@||github.io^

full disclosure, I got this from reddit regarding another site, so not sure if there are implications of whitelisting this site.

you da real MVP

well no its still Taylor Hall but..... good effort

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

Code:
@@||github.io^

Possibly OT, but this worked for me.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Im not so sure this is fair, it will all depend what they look like at 21 years old. Gignac was bad luck, sure he was having a poor start to the season but i trust Kowalsky developing kids in Albany.
Could be said that part of the reason Bing struggled was because of so many kids. and the kids struggled in part because the team struggled. Downward spiral.

Much rather a kid have a big +2 year in juniors then grind it out in Bing. Why rush it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad