Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
PaleOrangeHamadryad-size_restricted.gif
tenor.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
well you can't skill you way to wins....
He, like a certain poster on here, can’t seem to comprehend that scoring goals is LITERALLY the entire point of the sport.

It blows my mind that some people don’t get that. There is nothing more valuable than goals and assists. Not hits, not boardwork, not fighting, not how obese your players are, nothing. All of those things are things you HOPE will indirectly lead to goals, but thinking they’re more important than the scoring itself is a level of stupidity I can’t understand.

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We knew Mac wasn’t a healthy scratch based on performance. He was out because he wasn’t healthy and then only hasn’t come back in because of Hakstols little superstition about changes after wins.

Just watch, if Hagg and Folin have trash games it’ll be fine, but if Sanheim makes one tiny error he’ll be benched and replaced next game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s incredibly revealing that Hakstol goes out of his way to criticise Sanheim for no reason but will never say a negative word about his pets, even when they massively **** up and are consistently horrible.

His hatred of skill is incredible.

Hakstol was basically Brandon Manning as a player at lower levels (NCAA & IHL). This is where personal bias comes into the player evaluation process. It’s not necessarily unique to him but it really shows up in the defensemen usage more than anything which was his position. Hakstol loves some combo of heaviness, intangibles, veteranship, safeness (code for not able to make useful plays), etc. because that was him. It’s why he loves guys like Manning, MacDonald, Hagg, Folin, etc. & plays multiple of them in his top four at the same time.

Last edited:

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
We knew Mac wasn’t a healthy scratch based on performance. He was out because he wasn’t healthy and then only hasn’t come back in because of Hakstols little superstition about changes after wins.

Just watch, if Hagg and Folin have trash games it’ll be fine, but if Sanheim makes one tiny error he’ll be benched and replaced next game.
I will never understand his line of thinking

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If you haven't played you have no idea. If you are 7 or 27 team is all that matters and playing two way hockey Is what wins. I'm glad at the end of the day playing on a championship team and knowing coaches I have learned what the sport takes to win. Skill, size, speed. If you don't have those you got no chance and we have allot of in between. Go enjoy something better then waiting for this team on a Saturday night boys.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hakstol was basically Brandon Manning as a player at lower levels (NCAA & IHL). This is where personal bias comes into the player evaluation process. It’s not necessarily unique to him but it really shows up in the defensemen usage more than anything which was his position. Hakstol loves some combo of heaviness, intangibles, veteranship, safeness (code for not able to make useful plays), etc. because that was him. It’s why he loves guys like Manning, MacDonald, Hagg, Folin, etc. & plays multiple of them in his top four at the same time.
Exactly.

He convinced himself he was an asset to his team back in the day, so he can’t see how much of a detriment players like himself really are.

He always resented the players who actually had skill so now he’s getting payback.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
If you haven't played you have no idea. If you are 7 or 27 team is all that matters and playing two way hockey Is what wins. I'm glad at the end of the day playing on a championship team and knowing coaches I have learned what the sport takes to win. Skill, size, speed. If you don't have those you got no chance and we have allot of in between. Go enjoy something better then waiting for this team on a Saturday night boys.
Playing on a championship team?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Exactly.

He convinced himself he was an asset to his team back in the day, so he can’t see how much of a detriment players like himself really are.

He always resented the players who actually had skill so now he’s getting payback.

These guys do exist like Josh Manson & Brian Dumoulin are examples off the top of my head. Both are legit mid pairing quality defenders who play that type of role but there’s actually tangible evidence to support they’re good at it. These guys win more shifts than these lose though. You’re not just hoping for a punt with them as a best case scenario.

The reality is the majority of those types are often charity cases who get propped by the dinosaurs.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hatcher won the Jr A championship of Canada. All the teams that won their leagues play off for a title. Think it was the Centennial cup when he won.

Agree with Strikker , but that was still a wicked accomplishment
It's was but we had it all and hockey game changed much really except it's it's a cake walk for stars. Speed, skill, size and then you gotta play like it and the last two games for Philly have been better and even if it's been struggling teams. Islanders type games and you lose both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad