GDT: #14: FLYERS at Sharks, Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, 10:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Hatcher won the Jr A championship of Canada. All the teams that won their leagues play off for a title. Think it was the Centennial cup when he won.

Agree with Strikker , but that was still a wicked accomplishment

So Hatcher has a background in hockey.

He's not a pimply faced milennial building a dynasty on Ps3 or xbox?

[not referencing bennyflyers16 at any point in this post]

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
:laugh: I need a highlight reel.

ImpressionableSleepyFallowdeer-small.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
30 years ago when you saw more useless tough players in hockey.

Some people never moved on and think the NHL is the same as it was back then.

It’s changing but it’s doing so slowly. We saw it at the draft last year. There’s been a clear shift in under & over valuing a player largely because of the size, physicality, intangibles, etc. especially in the first round. It’s burnt teams so many times over the decades & you just can’t justify it anymore. Even the bigger defenders like Miller & Alexeyev had a good offensive foundation in tangible results in place to give you legit hope they could potentially be two-way guys at the next level. Guys will still bust & suprise but teams are making better bets now.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Hockey is more rugged now hot wise then when I played easy but you would pay for hours like Wilson throws. It's the same breakouts as back then and back checking. Hockey isn't much different and allot of players say the same except everyone need to fly now.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Hockey is more rugged now hot wise then when I played easy but you would pay for hours like Wilson throws. It's the same breakouts as back then and back checking. Hockey isn't much different and allot of players say the same except everyone need to fly now.
I’ve tried to read that first sentence 3 different ways. Idk what you said.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Hatcher won the Jr A championship of Canada. All the teams that won their leagues play off for a title. Think it was the Centennial cup when he won.

Damn that is impressive.

@hatcher what position did you play?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

To be clear, I’m not minimizing anything, just saying a lot has changed in the last few decades and thinking what worked then will work now is exactly what makes Hakstol such a bad coach.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s changing but it’s doing so slowly. We saw it at the draft last year. There’s been a clear shift in under & over valuing a player largely because of the size, physicality, intangibles, etc. especially in the first round. It’s burnt teams so many times over the decades & you just can’t justify it anymore. Even the bigger defenders like Miller & Alexeyev had a good offensive foundation in tangible results in place to give you legit hope they could potentially be two-way guys at the next level. Guys will still bust & suprise but teams are making better bets now.
Yeah, you’re not going to see a Luke Schenn type player taken that high anymore.

Some teams are starting to get that speed and skill are more important than size and strength, now that the game is so much faster than it was.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Exactly.

He convinced himself he was an asset to his team back in the day, so he can’t see how much of a detriment players like himself really are.

He always resented the players who actually had skill so now he’s getting payback.

Is this about Hak or Hatcher?

Also I think out of solidarity we all need to start posting everything in bold.

Maybe if Hak sees us posting heavier he will lighten up on the Travis'

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Is this about Hak or Hatcher?

Also I think out of solidarity we all need to start posting everything in bold.

Maybe if Hak sees us posting heavier he will lighten up on the Travis'
That was about Hakstol :laugh:

And I’m not worried about Hak seeing anything on here. He strikes me as the kind of guy who hates technology. I heard he makes them put all game tape on VHS before he studies it.

In the off chance that Hakstol does read this (maybe Voracek can show him for me):
f*** you. Use TK and Sanheim properly you cowardly braindead goon.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Pimply faced millennials are building them dynasties on PS4 now. Total game changer.

I'm behind the times. I bought P3 5 yrs ago, about a month before the new one came out.

I haven't played in 5 yrs.

I'm slacking. I have to get back into it.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Rw dude. Hockey isn't different at all exception everyone had to skatesgood now and I played 2nd line rw and had touch and was very very aggressive. Fun time

Did you ever have a chance at joining the major juniors or going to college for hockey?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Yes I did. I could have played for Prince Albert raiders but I made a move that I'm glad I made I chose my dad oil business which worked out awesome.

Hiring any engineers? I hear the oil business pays really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad