GDT: #14 | Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | November 2nd | F/W 3-1

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Bruins fan here.

Your fans, and the atmosphere tonight was excellent! I had a blast, and I cant stress enough the extent of class of the islanders fans. Definitely earned that win tonight.

Definitely pulling for you guys when the B's aren't involved! :handclap:

Thank you,

good luck the rest of the way

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Listen, the Emery fight was nauseating, and for that linesman to stand there just watching a guy get destroyed is a disgrace. That linesman should be suspended. I've never seen a guy getting destroyed and the linesman didn't jump in. Emery spends his offseason in the boxing ring, Holstby never got his gloves off, wanted no part. Also, I never wanna see a guy get hurt, but the Flyers started the brawl, and both Steve Downie (broken orbital bone and concussion) and Lecavalier had a facial injury and lost some teeth. Brayden Schenn got his ass kicked too. They all deserved it.

And that is one major reason why I absolutely despise the Flyers. I hope Emery gets a lengthy suspension for the crap he pulled. And Downie fully deserved what happened to him.

I generally never wish for players to get injured, but in the case of ****s like Downie I make an exception.

And after seeing the video of that fight I think Emery should be suspended for the rest of the season. That wasn't a fight, it was a mugging.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
And that is one major reason why I absolutely despise the Flyers. I hope Emery gets a lengthy suspension for the crap he pulled. And Downie fully deserved what happened to him.

I generally never wish for players to get injured, but in the case of ****s like Downie I make an exception.

And after seeing the video of that fight I think Emery should be suspended for the rest of the season. That wasn't a fight, it was a mugging.

Get over it. This is hockey. While these types of things don't happen often anymore, and obviously not during the period you have watched hockey, oh, well. It is a physical game and guys fight. You probably missed it back 20 or so years ago, but there used to be regular line brawls or even bench clearing brawls...gasp.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Some interesting statistical facts. Ladies and gentlemen, Kyle Okposo is now the Isles leading scorer with 17 points, and despite being an average to below average passer, leads the team in assists with 13 ! Also leads the team in +/- with a +6.

Poulin is 1-2 with a 2.68 goals against and a .907 save percentage. Two of those games came against the Stanley Cup finalists and he gave up only 4 goals in those 2 games. Now has an 8-11-1 record with a 2.74 ga and a .911 SP so far in his NHL career, not bad considering some of the defenses he played in front of so far.[

I dunno . I thought he kicked out huge rebounds all night and was all over the place positionally. The puck bounced his way tonight. I don't see much there at all. The islanders need drastic help in net.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Get over it. This is hockey. While these types of things don't happen often anymore, and obviously not during the period you have watched hockey, oh, well. It is a physical game and guys fight. You probably missed it back 20 or so years ago, but there used to be regular line brawls or even bench clearing brawls...gasp.

It's not the fighting he doesn't like, it's that Emery was a ******* and attacked the other goalie when he a) didn't want to fight and b) wasn't given a real chance to take his gloves off to defend himself.

The glove side for a goalie is strapped to your hand, so it's not like you can just fling it off. Holtby was at a huuuuuuuuge disadvantage because he couldn't grab Emery at all because the glove stayed on his hand. He would've been able to defend himself a lot better and turtle up more if he had both his hands free. The fact that Emery knew that, and continued to throw big shots just shows that he's a real POS and I hope someone takes a run at him in the near future. He wasn't defending a teammate and him participating the way he did, is pretty much inexcusable.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

How funny would it be for them to lose 3 guys for 10 games plus? Holmgren... this all goes right back on him and I wouldn't be surprised if he planted the seed for it.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Sorry but that title would belong to. Chico! Chico was actually our #1 goalie until the 80 playoffs and en he fell off a cliff and was traded to Colorado the following year. He was a beast in his day though!

73 saves !! That still may be a record for one game. Hrudey was the second best Islander goalie ever.

checknate

Aug 21, 2013
Long Island
Hey guys didn't get to watch the game, (I had a game to play myself)

But did Vanek say anything interesting during his first star interview?

CLUTTERSTACHE*

this team can beat anybody in the playoffs. its kinda crazy

and i think they only lose due to inexperience, honestly.. they always beat the good teams man. just get a good goaltender, get vis and strait back and we are so set for this. with 3 teams makin the playoffs now in divisions, we seeem pretty damn set for a run

boston aint shiet

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
It's not the fighting he doesn't like, it's that Emery was a ******* and attacked the other goalie when he a) didn't want to fight and b) wasn't given a real chance to take his gloves off to defend himself.
thats a bunch of crap right there. he had the same amount of time to take his gloves off as emery did. even if you dont want to fight, if a thug like emery is coming at you, you drop your gloves and get ready to defend yourself.

after the game tonight they showed a great quote from luongo about this......."if emery skates down the ice looking to fight me, im getting the **** out of dodge!!"

and you better be one bad assed individual if youre going to run emery.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
sorry...don't care. if you are playing in the nhl you cannot, repeat, cannot take a penalty 200 feet from your own net on the shift that immediately follows your team going up 2-0.

bs call, IMO. same with the JT call. and lots of non-calls too. reaming the kid out would be a mistake. the referees should be reamed out. waaaay too inconsistent.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
the tavares call was ****ing brutal.
he had one hand on his stick, was leaning away from the guy, barely touched him, and got called for hooking...( or was it interference? ) and got an additional 2 minutes for complaining about it? and its not like he was jumping up in the officials face, it looked too me like he was just asking questions or maybe making comments about the call. i sure as hell didnt see him do anything that deserved the misconduct penalty.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
the tavares call was ****ing brutal.
he had one hand on his stick, was leaning away from the guy, barely touched him, and got called for hooking...( or was it interference? ) and got an additional 2 minutes for complaining about it? and its not like he was jumping up in the officials face, it looked too me like he was just asking questions or maybe making comments about the call. i sure as hell didnt see him do anything that deserved the misconduct penalty.

Nah my seats were right there, JT was cursing and yelling at the ref.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I think we're due for a JT breakout. He seemed pissed after that call.

Calling a 3-4 point game for him Tuesday

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I think we're due for a JT breakout. He seemed pissed after that call.

Calling a 3-4 point game for him Tuesday

He was insanely pissed after he came out of the box too - he skated in the o-zone like a taz devil for a minute or two. He had a look in his eyes that I have not seen before - and I LIKED IT!. Stay pissed JT.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
I sat in 118 tonight and I was surrounded by Bruins fans, but they were great fans. They weren't obnoxious at all and said they like the Islanders team.

You know what I totally agree that the visiting fans were the best I have seen in our building. There were a lot of Bruin fans in certain areas but as you said they really were respectful of the fact that they were in another teams building but still rooting their team on. I was really impressed to be honest.

Talked to couple of guys who had come to our building for the first time and one of them said to me that "to be really honest, this building is a GREAT place to watch a hockey game - great crowd and atmosphere".

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
You know what I totally agree that the visiting fans were the best I have seen in our building. There were a lot of Bruin fans in certain areas but as you said they really were respectful of the fact that they were in another teams building but still rooting their team on. I was really impressed to be honest.

Talked to couple of guys who had come to our building for the first time and one of them said to me that "to be really honest, this building is a GREAT place to watch a hockey game - great crowd and atmosphere".

The fans who I was talking to asked me about the situation with Brooklyn. I think it could be different if the 2 teams hated each other or something. I don't dislike the Bruins, I love their system and are very well coached. I hate the Red Sox and Patriots, but that's because I'm a Jets and Yankees fan.

You will always get some obnoxious visiting fans, but I didn't see one Bruins fan act that way.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I thought Hamonic looked like a beast all night long.

That is what NHL average + goaltending looks for one night. Big saves at key times. Holy crap, Poulin. You deserve another start after that.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island

Wish more teams visiting fans were like that. Don't expect rag fans to be like that bc of NY rivalry but when Buffalo fans come in, I cringe with their complete lack of respect of our fan base and arena. Went to a couple games when they were here and I was ready to burn the section down and pop their tires of their chartered bus when they left. Now they blow so all's good.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
bs call, IMO. same with the JT call. and lots of non-calls too. reaming the kid out would be a mistake. the referees should be reamed out. waaaay too inconsistent.

the nelson call and the tavares call were two completely different things. the call on tavares was cheap while nelson deserved his. you don't have to yell at him to educate him, but he certainly needed a talking to after such a foolish play. i'm sure someone pulled him aside afterward. if the staff didn't, it is bad coaching on top of bad on ice decision making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad