GDT: #14 - 11/4/13 | Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
LOL, Doc and Pierre McGuire giving good info on the side?

Like where everyone went to college? Ya, real riveting stuff. Thats what keeps me up watching them.

Wolfy*

Our captain is back! Then we can actually win this game :)

But why is Pyatt on a line with Hags and Brass? He's so slow compared to them, they'll have to wait for him while trying to make a play.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Hmm.

Kreider--Stepan--Zuccarello
Pouliot--Richards--Callahan
Hagelin--Brassard--Pyatt
Mashinter--Boyle--Dorsett

???

Pyatt......:facepalm: You need to tell me, Miller can't play on the 3rd line with Hagelin/Brassard? :facepalm:

Putting Pyatt with Hagelin makes zero sense. Pyatt needs about a 15 foot head start to beat Hagelin down the ice. Hagelin better not play with this junk for long or those 2 goals will be all he ever scores. Absolutely the demise of AV if he can't get up the guts to see what everyone in the building sees. Pyatt brings nothing every game and looks worse in person than on tv( which is hard to do.)

The other night vs canes Pyatt took an awful penalty( hooking) then got out of the penalty box and proceeded to go offsides on an odd man rush literally seconds after he stepped back on the ice! His facial expression did not even change one bit.

Please JT Miller will never be that bad ever!

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
So much this.

These guys are doing it right. Kind of amazing the official source can't come close.
I've been incredibly impressed by hockeystreams this year. SO MUCH BETTER than their first year.

Aside from the quality/frame rate improving exponentially, even the "condensed game" version has been a godsend - fast-forwarding to the interesting parts of the game; more involved than highlights, but not tedious like watching the entire game.

Very, very impressed. I'll never pay for NHL's service again as long as hockeystreams exists.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
And if you mean "math" by theory, then yes. It's theory. All factors being equal math>history. Because you saw something in history doesn't mean the math changes. However, there are more factors in the NHL than the roulette table. I can see psychology and stamina coming to play. However, unless you have stats that show that teams after winning 3 lose more on average than they win, then that's just guess work.

I'm not a drilled statistician, but unlike the roulette, wouldn't any team by pure common sense have a higher percenatage change of winning the next game the more winnings they have in the past? Sure there might be a lot of factors, but in genereal and over a season these will not really matter as they will cancel themselves out. I would be very surprised if it wasn't statistically true that if (odds alike) you would bet your money on the team With the most wins, for e.g. past 13 games, in all games of the season, you will be better off? And as better teams (more wins) likely will have more or longer streaks that the crappy ones, the winning team (most wins) and the longest streaking team are more often than not likely to be the same, and most likely to win any given matchup?

Not in this case though, but by this (imbesile?) logic, Rangers will loose this one as aggregated wins must be more significant than the current little streak, at least up to some pivot point where they become actual winners by the first definition. And they're not there yet.

:help:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I've been incredibly impressed by hockeystreams this year. SO MUCH BETTER than their first year.

Aside from the quality/frame rate improving exponentially, even the "condensed game" version has been a godsend - fast-forwarding to the interesting parts of the game; more involved than highlights, but not tedious like watching the entire game.

Very, very impressed. I'll never pay for NHL's service again as long as hockeystreams exists.

They've fixed nearly every gripe people have with GCL and then some, and the best thing is you don't even have to support the NHL!

BarbaraAlphanse

Anyone else have an eery feeling this is going to be a nasty nasty game?

When asked about what he remembers AV responds with "they put their top line pp unit out there when we were down 6-0".

Callahan is coming back and he chooses to take out Miller instead of Mashinter? Mashinter is good for maybe 8 minutes of sub par play, if the end goal is to send Miller down he'd likely have been sent down upon the news that Callahan was ready... like Fast was when Hagelin was ready. Who's Mashinter out there protecting? Hasn't been too physical as a call up so far.

Is end goal to not only wipe the floor with the Ducks offensively but teach them a lesson physically too?

Think it'll be a dirty dirty game.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Pyatt, 0 goals, 1 assist and -8 in 13 games. Why is he not scratched?

Every coach seem have some incomprihensible affection for one or two players. This is AVs? Very hard to understand, but right now everything else is working pretty well, so...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I always feel bad when I see fans of opposing teams come here looking for some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad