Online Series: 13 Reasons Why - Season 3 - August 23rd

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I mean, a little late lol.

I'm someone who doesn't have (or see) an issue with a scene like that, but hey, better late than never. I'm sure new people start watching that show pretty often, so if it ends up having some sort of positive effect from here on out, that's good.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
the complaint seems to be the whole show glorifies/romanticizes suicide and that scene is horrifying

seems to be the only scene that kind of goes against the reasons people find this show offensive or damaging

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'm someone who doesn't have (or see) an issue with a scene like that, but hey, better late than never. I'm sure new people start watching that show pretty often, so if it ends up having some sort of positive effect from here on out, that's good.
Yeah.

Research seems to show that showing suicide at all increases rates of suicide, and I agree better late than never.

I also agree with @izzy that the whole show romanticizes suicide, she basically uses it to get back at all the people that wronged her and it's a really bad look imo.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I’m really torn on the entire series anyway tbh.

it doesnt need more than 1 season at all no matter what you think if it.

I can see it being harmful but all drama shows deal with touchy subjects. I actually liked season 1, it was good tv.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not sure I agree with removing the whole suicide scene. To me it's graphic realism was the ultimate warning sign of why not to do it. But at the same I time I think it could have worked with less graphic detail. For example merely showing Hannah's face could've/would've been enough. I also didn't feel the season one romanticized suicide at all or that "revenge" was the point of it but rather how bullying and abuse can drive people to extreme measures.

And I haven't gotten past episode 2 or 3 of the second season.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That was a really powerful scene. It’s a shame they removed it.

I understand why they removed it, and that’s too bad.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I found the scene to be pretty horrific to watch and didn't at all improve the story in any meaningful way, so I am fine with them removing it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Should've ended it at one season. Season 2 felt forced already. What even are the cliffhangers going into the third one? Bryce's gf being pregnant, the Justin/Alex/Jess thing, what happens to the school shooter kid, am I missing some?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Just finished.

I thought the second season was ok but it definitely helped set up a really strong 3rd season.

I wasn't sure how the whole murder mystery plot would play out but I thought it was well done. What I love about this show is the layers to the characters and how different they can look through different peoples perspectives.

I still probably rank season 1 as the best but this one was a close 2nd.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad