Online Series: 13 Reasons Why - Season 3 - August 23rd

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Ending was so garbage lol. They should have just committed to that and let season 3 be the fall out. Especially after the bathroom scene. Willing to show that and the suicide tub scene but not willing to commit to this. I don't think Tyler's character had shown much to be "talked down" from that.

Felt too much it's just a generic teen drama now. And retconning so many things from S1. Weird.

Reactions: pdogfizzle

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just finished it last night, really enjoyed it even though it wasn't as good as season 1 but that was to be expected. Agreed about the ending feeling rushed and I can understand if they had to change it due to current events, wonder if this means there will be a season 3.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Don't know if a 3rd season will be approved but this show is obviously not done:

- Bryce didn't get his
- That tool Monty as well
- Bryce's GF is pregnant
- Alex, Justin, Jess love triangle, Justin still using
- Justin's meth-dealing ex father in law is back
- The everything Tyler

The bathroom scene was laughably dumb. I mean come on, I know kids can be mean in high school but broom rape? What the hell is this, a maximum security prison?

Another stupid thing, Jessica's friend who ends up with the box of polaroids?!? What in the hell?

I still believe season 1 of this show should be mandatory viewing for every single kid that is starting high school in North America. Season 2 is meh, whatever.

Last edited:

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Don't know if a 3rd season will be approved but this show is obviously not done:

- Bryce didn't get his
- Bryce's GF is pregnant
- The everything Tyler

The bathroom scene was laughably dumb. I mean come on, I know kids can be mean in high school but broom rape? What the hell is this, a maximum security prison?

Another stupid thing, Jessica's friend who ends up with the box of polaroids?!? What in the hell?

I still believe season 1 of this show should be mandatory viewing for every single kid that is starting high school in North America. Season 2 is meh, whatever.

This happens, not regularly, but more often than you'd think. Found this within seconds. I know a few people who have worked/work at this school district, which sounds exactly like what happened in the show.

I'm around high school kids regularly and I taught at the middle school level aka before kids get better at hiding their outlandish tendencies. They are definitely capable of the things depicted in the show, including the bathroom scene.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
rapist raping shouldnt shock anyone.
shit like this happens for sure all around the world.
it doesnt only happen in prison.

i really liked the season. but yeah they left too much stuff out at the end for what it should be 3rd season.

ending was weird. predictible that the guns will come to play, but kinda easy to convince the guy that everything will be fine after what he's going through. i dont know. the last 5 minutes i hated it.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The polaroids ending was probably the most ridiculous thing in the series. The rest worked pretty well though, and I’d watch a third season of these actors, provided that everything moves forward from here without parental drama or flashbacks or retconning.

Clay got his chance to tangibly help someone. To me, this show was about him alone. I’m glad this season brought some closure for him. The actor playing him did a phenomenal job. The anger, frustration, desperation, anxiety - all felt real.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Someone was saying the group-hug on that Clay and Hannah song would have been the perfect ending but I disagree, everything about Hannah should have ended at the funeral imo, that send-off was perfect ( It got to me dammit).

I think the group "slam dancing" to that Rollercoaster song would have been best, the kids seem to be at peace somewhat and Clay's monologue sums it up perfectly ( How can we find joy in this world after Hannah, turn the darkness into the light?I think the answer is by loving each other).

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

- Bryce didn't get his
- Bryce's GF is pregnant
- The everything Tyler

I’m sure if the creators want to keep it going, which I’m sure they will, they’ll be a Season 3. Some people are upset over it, which I’m sure the creators and Netflix knew going into it. It was a message that was important to send.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m sure if the creators want to keep it going, which I’m sure they will, they’ll be a Season 3. Some people are upset over it, which I’m sure the creators and Netflix knew going into it. It was a message that was important to send.

Yeah, Netflix knows full well what this series is about, and this show has done nothing but do what it's purpose was. As long as it is getting the views, Netflix is going to keep going with it, even if those who prefer to ignore these things shout from the rooftops.

Season 1 was largely about the Suicide, and how, and why it happens, and kinda what to look for, I suppose.

Season 2 was largely about the Rape Culture, and how often people look the other way on the young people who commit the offenses.

Season 3 looks like it will largely be about School Shootings. We saw Tyler with the guns at the end of season 1. We now saw Clay talk Tyler down at the end of season 2, and now I think we'll likely see another build up to another incident throughout Season 3.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just finished season 2..was AMAZING. Season one was better but that was one of the most powerful seasons of Tv i ever saw so i knew season 2 couldnt live up to that.

Let me just say this, if they went ahead and had a mass shooting finale, there would absolutely be no season 3. In this day and age that is something that would never went over with the public, too sensitive. MUCH worse than a bathroom sucide.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Something that has bothered me from the first season is how completely unbelievable these characters are as high school students. They all look to be at least 22 years old if not older(with the exception of Tyler, he could probably pass for 18). The actor who plays Zach must be like 28. He's quite clearly a full grown man, as are most of the characters. The school does not run like a modern high school either. Security and supervision is MUCH higher. Brawls don't just break out in the middle of the hallway and last for minutes without anyone doing anything about it. You can't just hang pictures on a teacher's whiteboard calling a girl a :eek::eek::eek::eek: without anything happening. The "clubhouse" is just hilariously bad. That could never exist in a modern school for longer than a week at most, especially one that is embroiled in a public lawsuit over a girl's suicide whose main catalyst was an alleged rape. I simply can't suspend my disbelief that much having worked in a school for many years.

If this was set in the 1980s it would be more believable. As it stands it's just way too far from reality for me to find entertaining or powerful at all. Season 2 was a story without a climax. Total nothingness. Season 1 was good enough and should've been left alone. It stayed true to the source material and sent a powerful message. Season 2 did nothing, said nothing. Completely forgettable.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Something that has bothered me from the first season is how completely unbelievable these characters are as high school students. They all look to be at least 22 years old if not older(with the exception of Tyler, he could probably pass for 18). The actor who plays Zach must be like 28. He's quite clearly a full grown man, as are most of the characters. The school does not run like a modern high school either. Security and supervision is MUCH higher. Brawls don't just break out in the middle of the hallway and last for minutes without anyone doing anything about it. You can't just hang pictures on a teacher's whiteboard calling a girl a **** without anything happening. The "clubhouse" is just hilariously bad. That could never exist in a modern school for longer than a week at most, especially one that is embroiled in a public lawsuit over a girl's suicide whose main catalyst was an alleged rape. I simply can't suspend my disbelief that much having worked in a school for many years.

If this was set in the 1980s it would be more believable. As it stands it's just way too far from reality for me to find entertaining or powerful at all. Season 2 was a story without a climax. Total nothingness. Season 1 was good enough and should've been left alone. It stayed true to the source material and sent a powerful message. Season 2 did nothing, said nothing. Completely forgettable.

That's basically every North American High School show these days. I brought up a point last season that EVERYONE has a ton of tattoos but yet maybe only 5% of 16-17 year old in NA have tattoos.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Something that has bothered me from the first season is how completely unbelievable these characters are as high school students. They all look to be at least 22 years old if not older(with the exception of Tyler, he could probably pass for 18). The actor who plays Zach must be like 28. He's quite clearly a full grown man, as are most of the characters. The school does not run like a modern high school either. Security and supervision is MUCH higher. Brawls don't just break out in the middle of the hallway and last for minutes without anyone doing anything about it. You can't just hang pictures on a teacher's whiteboard calling a girl a **** without anything happening. The "clubhouse" is just hilariously bad. That could never exist in a modern school for longer than a week at most, especially one that is embroiled in a public lawsuit over a girl's suicide whose main catalyst was an alleged rape. I simply can't suspend my disbelief that much having worked in a school for many years.

I was laughing with my wife when we watched this scene. I noticed throughout the series that during every altercation that happened in the hallways there's never a teacher in sight and we joked that Mr. Turner is the only adult that works at the school.
Sure enough, after way too long, who should show up to step in during the brawl, Mr. Turner! The only teacher that works there.

Also found it weird that all the football players from the school all happened to be the best baseball players of the school as well. Completely different sports with unrelatable skill sets.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I'll try to keep this as short and concise as possible.

I usually judge a series based on its ability to keep me watching, wanting to know what happens next. Season 1 was very good at this. The concept of the tapes is excellent and was what drew me in, and wanting to keep watching to find out what happened to her and what Clay did (though this part was extremely anti-climactic as I was hoping it would be something bad he did to her while drunk or something that he didn't remember).

Season 2 was a bit more of a struggle for me to get through. The only thing that kept me going was hoping that Bryce would get his comeuppance and waiting to see if it would happen. It was quite a weak season, to the point where the comical brawl in the hallway was by far my favourite part despite its ridiculousness, and I was literally shouting out loud at the screen telling Alex to hit Monty with his cane, then he did, that was awesome. I thought the ending was quite good as well, I was literally shitting myself thinking Tyler was actually going to do it, and had a horrible feeling in my stomach that it was going to happen any moment while they were at the dance, expecting it to be while some of the main cast weren't on the dancefloor when Jessica went to the bathroom and stuff so certain members of the main cast would survive. As others have alluded to, I have a sneaking suspicion that originally the plan was for Tyler to actually shoot up the school, and that this was an alternate ending they decided on due to recent events. One criticism I have of this is that it was entirely predictable from the start of the series that Tyler would end up as a school shooter type.

Onto one of my main overarching criticisms of the series is that we don't really get to see enough of Hannah's mental deterioration, and the writers break every "show don't tell" rule in the book, with the exception of the scene when she gets groped by Bryce and runs out of the store crying. At the start of the tapes, after every misfortune or slight that she suffers, things just seem to go back to normal for her until the next thing happens, and we don't really get any sense of her slow downfall, she just tells us she's sad. Then even later after the really bad things happen, like after witnessing Jessica get raped, we just see Hannah puke in the toilet once, and we don't get any real sense of how it haunts her up until her own rape.

Something else that has also been mentioned by many in this thread from Season 2 is Hannah's summer fling with Zach, which I completely agree didn't make any sense, and just contributed to her becoming less and less likeable as the series goes on. Though that part is also something I can give the writers credit for, in that they make Hannah a more grey character when you hear everyone else's side of the story, and the viewer is left not really sure what to believe and leaves you with that same sense of betrayal and feeling like you never knew her at all, which is exactly what Clay is going through and helps you to understand him better.

Also found it weird that all the football players from the school all happened to be the best baseball players of the school as well. Completely different sports with unrelatable skill sets.

Well Bryce did say they don't win at football often :sarcasm:

This leads me very nicely onto another point. I completely agree with you on this, because it makes this school seem like an incredibly small world. They really didn't do a good job with the use of extras and background characters, to give you a sense of the scale of the school, it's far too small of a world.

I feel like in a real high school there would be much more of a disconnect between the likes of Clay, Alex and Tyler, and the jocks like Justin, Zach and especially Bryce who is in the grade above them (you don't pay attention to Sophomore gossip? Well clearly you do since they're the only people we ever see you interact with). I mean they even try to throw in the classic trope of the basketball coach not knowing Clay's name because he's not sporty and just calling him "skinny kid" but some of the jocks know Clay quite well. Then you've also got Marcus who is really smart but also really popular and friends with the jocks for some reason. It's the same for the girls as well. You can argue the tapes brought them all together under a common cause but even before Hannah's death you really don't get that sense of disconnect, even Hannah herself is more involved with the jock types than her character should be considering her personality.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I haven’t finished season two yet, but am of the opinion that they should have gone through with it rather than build to it and then have him be talked out of it by Clay.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don’t believe it’s correct to believe that the “school shooting” story is anywhere close to finished.

I salsa don’t believe that this was some “alternate ending”. I think I know what they’ll eventually be looking to show

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don’t believe it’s correct to believe that the “school shooting” story is anywhere close to finished.

I salsa don’t believe that this was some “alternate ending”. I think I know what they’ll eventually be looking to show
Yeah it's a possibility, I mean with your post about certain type of problematics (suicide, rape culture, etc) for each season it could make sense if they decide to go down that path but One Tree Hill and Degrassi have both done it in the past. I'm no expert on teenage soap operas but is it the first time that a show of the sort teases it and then has the antagonist not do it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad