'13 NHL Entry Draft v3.0

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hold on here for a second. Rick Nash was two points short of being a point-per-game player this year for the defensive New York Rangers. Why is everyone treating him like he underperformed? He isn't a 100-point guy, but that's not a bad stat line in the NHL. It's better than his last few years in Columbus.

5 points in 12 playoff games and was invisible for the entire thing.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Couldn't disagree more, he is a decent first line player but he refuses to sacrifice his body, he often neglects to use teammates, and is very lazy in the defense end. He isn't held back by his teammates because he doesn't use them properly. I am not saying he has had great teammates but he hasn't used them to their strengths either. When Cammy was here the first time Iginla would give him one timers instead of always taking them Nash doesn't think the same way. He has tons of talent but his refusal to use teammates and help the team maximize its ability to succeed rather than just himself makes him very overrated.

But, he's a powerforward.

:sarcasm:

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
25% is better than 5 or 13 or 16 or whatever the other spots are.

Again, if the Flames could be a cup contender next year, i would love that. But they wont be, we need a Mcdavid. Drafting him would be the best thing for this organization. Im pretty sure every GM would sacrifice an NHL season for the highest chance to draft Crosby.

The best chance is still no good chance at all, that;s what I'm saying. It's not worth trying for. 25% isn't ****. It's terrible odds. Not worth trying to blow a season over at all.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
That whole video, I think he passed the puck intentionally twice, and both times there was a 100% chance he was getting it back. :laugh:

But yes, he looks impressive, especially when two of the highlights were against Canada's junior team, and the rest were against men older than him.

Definitely not a playmaker in the slightest bit, but I think it's okay to have one selfish player on the team. If he's good enough anyway.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
My main issue with Nash is that he looks like a chipmunk. Chimpunks can't play hockey.

My issue with this thread again is that's it's devolved into poor player comparisons.

Big winger with skill? NASH. But wait, this kid likes to get into the dirty areas, use his body to his advantage and drive the net? I guess we can still say Nash? Maybe? .... no. :whine:
Honestly, his play looks (and I hate to compare people just because of their nationality) a lot more like Ovechkin's than Nash. Flashy, physical, high end offence with some additional arrogance? That's got Ovi written all over it lol.

Big two way center with some offensive upside?! Toews! High skilled player? Crosby! French Canadian?! St. Louis! Swedish?! Backstrom or Zets, I don't care how they play damn it!
Just sayin'; it definitely looks silly when you write it out like I did there. I'm not having another pointless debate with anyone on this btw; because some people can't hear reason over the sound of how awesome they think they are lol :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
5 points in 12 playoff games and was invisible for the entire thing.

He'd been to the playoffs once previously and played only four games.

Besides, stuff happens in the playoffs. Ville Leino lit it up in the playoffs a few years ago, does that make him an all-star? Ask Buffalo...

In this round, Crosby has, what, 0 points in three games? What a hack!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My issue with this thread again is that's it's devolved into poor player comparisons.

Big winger with skill? NASH. But wait, this kid likes to get into the dirty areas, use his body to his advantage and drive the net? I guess we can still say Nash? Maybe? .... no. :whine:
Honestly, his play looks (and I hate to compare people just because of their nationality) a lot more like Ovechkin's than Nash. Flashy, physical, high end offence with some additional arrogance? That's got Ovi written all over it lol.

Big two way center with some offensive upside?! Toews! High skilled player? Crosby! French Canadian?! St. Louis! Swedish?! Backstrom or Zets, I don't care how they play damn it!
Just sayin'; it definitely looks silly when you write it out like I did there. I'm not having another pointless debate with anyone on this btw; because some people can't hear reason over the sound of how awesome they think they are lol :laugh:
Your forgot the worst comparison of them all. Lindholm to Forsberg.

Dude drop your pathetic double standard about comparisons when you have thrown out the worst one so far.

TylerSVT*

The best chance is still no good chance at all, that;s what I'm saying. It's not worth trying for. 25% isn't ****. It's terrible odds. Not worth trying to blow a season over at all.

Again, i dont think its a matter of "trying" to fail, i just think we will.

In terms of Nash, i would say, wait until next year when he has a coach who can play the team properly. Then judge his performance.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
According to Roger Millions twitter, Linholm will be playing in Sweden next year.

Yay Monohan!!

Trae

Calgary
According to Roger Millions twitter, Linholm will be playing in Sweden next year.

Yay Monohan!!

This isn't news and doesn't change anything, imo. When they say they are looking for help right away I really think one year away is ideal, similar to Bartschi and less like Jankowski/Gaudreau.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lindholm's style of play is actually very similar to Forsberg's. Wouldn't go as far to saying he'll be as good as Forsberg, more like Forsberg-lite.

Exactly how I feel. Again, I also think Zetterberg is a fair comparison in regards to their playing style.

And playing another year in Sweden is fine by me, no point in rushing any player we draft if they are not ready.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Yay Monohan!!

That's pretty old news. Shouldn't be a problem though, basically every Swedish star player waited a year or more. I think he could contribute next season but I think it's smarter to let him play big minutes on his hometown team before bringing him over.

TylerSVT*

Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm, Nichuskin. Feaster can draft any of those guys and i will be happy.

Nurse, Horvat, Ristolainen, Shinkaruk, Domi, Fucale. Feaster drafts any of those guys... i will be super pissed.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Exactly how I feel. Again, I also think Zetterberg is a fair comparison in regards to their playing style.

And playing another year in Sweden is fine by me, no point in rushing any player we draft if they are not ready.

If he's Zetterberg we should try to get him with our 7th rounder. That would ensure he'd end up at his max potential.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
maybe if we move up and draft barkov you people can stop whining about lindholms comparables for the next 2 years if we do end up drafting him.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
I'd choose in the following order:
Mackinnon
Jones
Barkov
Drouin
Lindholm
Nichuskin
Monohan

* I know drouin is probably better than barkov but I think the flames need for center is too big and barkov has 1C potential for sure. Drouin plays LW, the position we probably have the most depth in, for me barkov is just a better fit for Calgary

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Just no. Jones>Barkov

Right, because you've seen them both play so much right? I've watched a lot of Jones, he doesn't impress me that much. Wotherspoon and Rutkowski covered his ass a lot this year. He reminds me of a lesser version of Phaneuf, not a Pronger, Pietrangelo or Doughty.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Right, because you've seen them both play so much right? I've watched a lot of Jones, he doesn't impress me that much. Wotherspoon and Rutkowski covered his ass a lot this year. He reminds me of a lesser version of Phaneuf, not a Pronger, Pietrangelo or Doughty.
It's not how he is now, it's what he CAN become

Jones has all the tools to be a dominant defenseman. Every elite team has that #1 Dman

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I was thinking more along the lines of Jay Bouwmeester with a slap shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad