'13 NHL Entry Draft v3.0

TylerSVT*

1. Bakrov drops to Flames
2. We suck next year and draft Ekblad
3. Suck again the next year and we draft McDavid
4. ????
5. Profit.

Rebuild complete, Wotherspoon and Seiloff turn out decent and thats a very strong team IMO.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
@ Calculon, in regards to your comment in the last thread, that is what I was inferring to. In no way do I feel like Backlund would land us Barkov straight up. I'm still not sure if Nashville would do that deal packaged with our 6th.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Montreal has a few(I think 6) 2nd round picks. Maybe we'll trade Pitt's pick to get a couple(including ours) back

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Yup. I know it likely won't happen but boy that would set us up for a long time. And i would be 100% willing to go through two more years of misery for it to happen.

By 2015 I'd rather the Flames just barely miss the playoffs and win the new uberlottery for 1st overall instead.

Sventastic47

Feb 18, 2013
Vancouver Island
Craig Button what you thinking man :help: :laugh:

Dont trade Backlund he played very well this season he is going to be a decent 2nd line center

And I would love to take Lindholm It looks like he is a Nick Backstom

Even if we dont, Monahan would be a great pick

With our number 22 Morrissey would be nice and If we could get Pulock or Lazar with the Pitts I would be amazingly happy

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Button has Zykov at 37. That is the lowest I've seen him on any list. I've liked him for awhile, but few on here are talking about him. A big, physical goal scoring RW'er. He won Rookie of the year for the QMJHL and then the CHL.
No way he drops out of the 1st, but I'd love to pick him up at 22nd or 30th (;))

6TH: Monahan/Lindholm/Barkov
22nd: Zykov/Rychel/Lazar/Erne - big, physical, offensive threat, prefer winger
30th: Shut down Dman, Heatherington

Hopefully we get a couple seconds as well and pick up another couple quality forwards.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Button has Zykov at 37. That is the lowest I've seen him on any list. I've liked him for awhile, but few on here are talking about him. A big, physical goal scoring RW'er. He won Rookie of the year for the QMJHL and then the CHL.
No way he drops out of the 1st, but I'd love to pick him up at 22nd or 30th (;))

6TH: Monahan/Lindholm/Barkov
22nd: Zykov/Rychel/Lazar/Erne - big, physical, offensive threat, prefer winger
30th: Shut down Dman, Heatherington

Hopefully we get a couple seconds as well and pick up another couple quality forwards.
we have quite a few shutdown defensemen why not go for a morrissey, bowey type

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
we have quite a few shutdown defensemen why not go for a morrissey, bowey type

Prospects maybe, but you can always use another. I'd have no problem going with a more offensive guy, but is Bowey that much better than Heatherington in that regard? I wouldn't mind Morrisey either, but I think he gets a little bit overrated being a Calgary boy, which means little to me.
Lots of good Dmen to choose from, who knows maybe Pulock does fall that far!

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
For those curious, our final ranking has been released and it's available here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-releases-final-ranking-for-2013-nhl-draft/

We have Lindholm at 6, Hartman at 22. The final pick is yet to be determined but there's plenty of talent left at the bottom of that first round.

For those that want to dig a bit deeper on some hidden gems, we also have our Prospect Profiler, which features over 100 eligibles in a neat, organized list. It offers a bit of a scouting take on each guy: http://futureconsiderations.ca/playerprofiler/?yearsearch=2013

The guys over at CP have started to line up to get our 2013 NHL Draft Guide as well. There's a thread on it over there if you want to take a peek. Basically, our guide features a top-210 with profiles and comes as a dual-PDF. The first is a digital copy for iphones/ipads/ect, while the second is a text-only version for those hoping to print. It's been a pretty big hit and more info on it can be found here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-releases-2013-nhl-draft-guide/

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
^ Must say, that guide is amazing, I love the template of it! Very informational, too.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
What are your guys thoughts If Nichushkin is availble at 6 do we take him? Or stick with Lindholm/ Monohan?

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
What are your guys thoughts If Nichushkin is availble at 6 do we take him? Or stick with Lindholm/ Monohan?
I take nichushkin over both of them in a heartbeat. The kid is a top 3 talent and the "russian factor" isnt real.
That said id be happy with any of the 3.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Oh man if Horvat fell to 22 (I doubt this happens) I would totally snag him regardless of who we draft first. I also like Erne a lot too.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oh man if Horvat fell to 22 (I doubt this happens) I would totally snag him regardless of who we draft first. I also like Erne a lot too.

He's a gamer, I don't think he'll get past 15.
I really want Calgary to move to the fourth pick; Lindholm and Monahan are going to be good/great NHLers, but Barkov has all-star-center-you-want-to-build-around written alllllll over him.

Bärtschi - Barkov - X
(hoping X is someone like Horton) would be a devastating line, tons of offense and big time size down the center and right side.

Last edited:

J Murda

Oct 1, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I watched Nichushkin play probably close to a dozen times this year, mostly in the KHL playoffs. If he falls down to the six spot, I think we would absolutely have to take him. This kid was playing a regular shift in the finals while he was still 17 and regularly trying to take the puck to the net. He was such a big deal there that they would often show him sitting on the bench after a shift while the play was still going on.

Gotta take him if he's there.

TylerSVT*

By 2015 I'd rather the Flames just barely miss the playoffs and win the new uberlottery for 1st overall instead.

That is simply not going to happen.

I would love this team to turn into a playoff team as well, but with our talent in the pipe, and with who we have as "pros" right now, it would take HUGE leaps from, Backlund, Sven, and one of Wotherspoon, Seiloff, Ramage, Reinhart to make the playoffs. Im talking like 3rd to 1st line jumps in talent.

Mcdavid is what this team really needs, elite, generational talent, i would be GLAD to suck for a year in the hopes to get Mcdavid for the next 15-20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad