'13 NHL Entry Draft v3.0

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think your underrating him, even if he is only a 60 point center I think he will be one of the best 2 way players in the game.

He just might be. But I don't think his offense will translate well to the nhl. I don't see 70 or more from him, he just isn't that gifted.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That doesn't mean he asked for trade at all, all that means is he heard the rumor and squashed them like any GM would.
most GMs never comment on rumors at all actually. If GMs commented on all the rumors out there they would never stop talking.

and squashing the rumor would have been saying, "no, he never asked for a trade" not "no, we won't trade him"

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Fucale, Tristan Jarry, Juuso Ikonen.

Who needs 2nd round picks when you draft second rounders in the the first :laugh:

"We see him as a definite first liner in the NHL. Our scouts had him at first overall, we're happy he was available when we were selecting.'

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
"We see him as a definite first liner in the NHL. Our scouts had him at first overall, we're happy he was available when we were selecting.'

He'll be talking about Fucale when he says this.

Fucale, the future first liner.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He'll be talking about Fucale when he says this.
Fucale, the future first liner.

People play him off as stupid. He's not stupid.
He's greasy as hell, underhanded, and can talk his way out of everything; and will keep everyone reassured (Lawyer).

He'll **** up a trade or a selection; but he'll make sure you're happy as hell about it. I remember when we selected Jankowski. Everyone's like 'who/why', then we hear Pierre (big family friend of the Jankowski's) and Feaster reassure he's going to be the monumental pick we've been waiting for: 80% of the fan base high-fiving over the selection.

The Iggy and Bouwmeester trades; we got C and D level prospects back; but he makes the first picks (22 and 28, very late first rounders) seem like they were worth the poor prospects coming back... 80% of fans eat it up.

On Sunday, if Calgary's unable to move down to 4; he'll go up and probably pick Monahan at 6 with Niki and/or Lindholm still on the table. He'll feed a line about how we need center help and that's why we passed on Niki (who, mark my words, will be an all-star RW in this league, along the likes of a Ovechkin), and then he'll feed a line about how we need a guy to come in right away, and can't afford the one year Lindholm will play overseas (who, again, will be a high caliber NHL center, a true first liner).
He'll talk about how he's a big two way center, that's smart beyond his age, will compete for a spot next year, will be a future first line center, etc etc...
He'll make people like me, who will be frustrated about the pick; and know that it was probably the wrong one to make feel comfortable. By Sunday night, people like me will be seeing Monahan in a new light.

He'll go ahead and pick guys like Hartman or Erne, while guys like Mathan, Zykov and even a Calgary boy in Morrissey rot on the board. Then make us all feel that they were the right picks.

I want Sunday to be a home run, but honestly, I feel there's a better chance it all gets ****ed up... It shouldn't be, because outside of a single pick in the last two years, the draft for me has actually been on an upswing as a Flames fan.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm actually starting to get scared Carolina will pick Monahan and we will either a) panic and trade down or b) select Fucale.
Since the Org doesn't seem high on Lindholm.

Didn't Weisbrod really like what he saw out of Lindholm, and made it known when Flames were actually somewhat in the race this year? (when Lindholm was ranked lower than a top 6 talent; and we thought we'd be selecting in his area rather than this high?).

I truly don't know what Feaster's going to do. I think Monahan's his selection, because, apparently, he wants his rookies to jump right into the fire... and you know... not go the Detroit/Successful team route in letting all the pieces come together.
I know Fucale won't be a Calgary pick, unless he's there at 22. They won't use the 6th on him, and you guys are all overreacting.

Hell, if Monahan's Calgary's guy, and they're not on Lindholm... Then whatever; go to Columbus or Buffalo and try and get another first rounder for the 6th. If they're scouts are telling them no to Lindholm and Niki (which I doubt); then hell, 4 selections in the draft wouldn't be bad; even if they're mostly all +15.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'm actually starting to get scared Carolina will pick Monahan and we will either a) panic and trade down or b) select Fucale.

The Flames (Weisbrod specifically) were mentioning Lindholm repeatedly as a player on their radar as early as November.

Personally, I'll be stunned if the Flames pass on him if he's on the board at 6.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

From the short list of things we know about what Feaster wants, one of the standout things is a player who can compete for a lineup spot next season. There will be such a player available at 6, and it won't be Fucale.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The lack of talk from the flames brass around Lindholm makes me believe they are actually targeting him. Of course there is a possibility that they view him as a RW both now and moving forward (since he played that position full time this year), and may have him behind both Monahan and Nichushkin for that very reason.

It's tough to say, at least the anticipation is almost over.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The lack of talk from the flames brass around Lindholm makes me believe they are actually targeting him. Of course there is a possibility that they view him as a RW both now and moving forward (since he played that position full time this year), and may have him behind both Monahan and Nichushkin for that very reason.

It's tough to say, at least the anticipation is almost over.

Have to remember.
Most 17/18 year old Swedish and Finnish kids will play a wing position in their first season; even if their natural position is center.

This season he should be a full time center with the club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad