Post-Game Talk: #13: Maple Leafs at FLYERS, Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The fact that his status is still "week-to-week" after over a month is pretty damn concerning.
Especially since it's been going on for months and months. Stephen Johns missed all of last year and is still out this year with his migraines. Scary stuff for them to have to deal with and hockey is certainly secondary. But as a fan, it sucks too....especially when it's a top pick like Patrick.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I very, very strongly disagree that 90s music was groundbreaking, but I very, very strongly don't care, because I totally agree with your overall thought that it was a tremendous decade for music. I have tried to come up with a top five albums of the decade and I can get to four super easily:

1. Exile in Guyville - Liz Phair
2. Regretfully Yours - Superdrag
3. Indoor Living - Superchunk
4. The Bends - Radiohead

But then trying to pick just one for that last spot is completely impossible. I can get to top four soundtracks, too:

1. The English Patient
2. Clueless
3. A Life Less Ordinary
4. Until the End of the World

I can also get to hands-down worst and shortest live show while completely ****faced:

1. REM
The two biggest 90's soundtracks that I know of and everyone and their grandmother had was Singles and The Crow. Judgment Night had a great gimmick to it that produced some fantastic tracks as well.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, they were greats bands with a ton of great songs and albums. Easily the best period of American rock bands.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
All 3 of those are a great soundtracks. I especially love The Crow soundtrack (and the movie).
The Crow was what really introduced me to Goth since there really weren't any at my school at the time. A few years later and I'm all decked out in black with my leather trenchcoat and long hair, hoping I look like Brandon Lee. i even used footage from the movie as part of my senion Participation in Government video. That was mainly because I had to fill time because all my friends japped on me after I had helped all of them with their film projects. Assholes.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I love the grunge era & 90s rock, & it coincides with my high school years, but, no, those Seattle bands don’t rank above the British Invasion.

The Who is the best band of all-time.

The Kinks are way up there.

Rolling Stones, legends.

Beatles, maybe not up to their reputation but still tremendous.

90s grunge & alt-rock is a strong 2nd place.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
One of the best 80s soundtracks was Lost Boys
Oh ****

2C3C5C74-E4ED-4B8E-B03F-EBA461F0A068.png

Reactions: bennysflyers16

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Humble Pie
Jimi
Eddie Hazel
The Band
CSNY
ELO
Yes

All not mentioned from what I saw. Cmon boys.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Okay but no.

Best Hard Rock Bands of the 70s - Top Ten List - TheTopTens®

Aerosmith, Boston, Foreigner, Nugent, Van Halen, Heart, et al
I prefer 90s rock to 70s/80s arena rock, but I do rank them closely. Some of it may just be an age thing. My buddy played Soundgarden constantly while we played Earl Weaver Baseball; I got the Foo Fighters' first album (a Dave Grohl demo tape, but to this day one of my favorite albums) on cassette for my birthday; Nirvana Unplugged I listened to for hours on end on my Discman; Every night I'd fall asleep listening to Y100.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I have their Live at Fillmore album on vinyl
I Don’t Need No Doctor from that album is one of my Top 25 songs ever. Just a pure rock masterpiece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad