Post-Game Talk: #13: FLYERS 5 at Kings 2, Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, 10:30 p.m. ET

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Before anyone reacts to my post, please bear in mind these facts:

A) I don;t like Hakstol
B) I like Sanheim
C) I want Sanheim to play more. I want him to be treated like a top 3 dman.

However, is it possible that Hakstol and Hextall are nurturing Sanhaim. They understood his confidence could be fragile, so they're bringing him along gently. They understand if they push him to 18-20 minutes it could overwhelm him.

Is that possible?

Not talking to you flyerphan, but I know certain posters would blow up at me for even suggesting that their could be a logical and reasonable method. Don't go outside the hive thought.

But im simply posing the question. Generally, I look at different things from several angles. I have an open mind.
I'm not even saying I believe this to be true.

They could be? I don’t know, but the way they’re handling him is very odd to me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Weise is finally playing like the guy Hextall thought he signed.

Now he belongs on the 4th line at best, but until JVR returns, really no reason to complain, he lacks skills but is skating much better this year and doing the dirty work he was signed to do in the first place.

Lehtera however is starting to fade from his solid start.
This I agree with . Weise, Weal and Simmonds had some very good shifts tonight cycling the puck lots in the OZ. and Lehteras ice time at ES was under 3 minutes a period.

I suspect Ghost and Sanheim's minutes reflected playing the Kings on the road.
Kind of team where you can get your less physical players beat up.
This post I don't agree with. LA is not a big bad hitting team anymore. Plus add in that Sanheims ice time is nothing new. He consistently is the #6 guy in ice time. Hak is an idiot in regards to this.

Reactions: Foggy14

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oh **** yeah

Dq-VHFzVYAAyCT5
It's amazing how better Gudas wears it vs Weise!

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

A) I don;t like Hakstol
B) I like Sanheim

However, is it possible that Hakstol and Hextall are nurturing Sanhaim. They understood his confidence could be fragile, so they're bringing him along gently. They understand if they push him to 18-20 minutes it could overwhelm him.

Is that possible?

Not talking to you flyerphan, but I know certain posters would blow up at me for even suggesting that their could be a logical and reasonable method. Don't go outside the hive thought.

But im simply posing the question. Generally, I look at different things from several angles. I have an open mind.

If they are, and plan to do so with all future prospects, how will the handle the backlog of talent that will arrive over the next 2 season?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Provorov: continues to round back into form. Still making good decisions. Skating looks much better.
  • Made a play on the PK where he grabbed the puck in the trapezoid and backhanded it between the legs of a forechcker (with another one pressuring on his opposite side ready to sandwich him) right to the tape of Gudas for the easy clear
Laughton: heavy puck pursuit gets him into the middle of good clears and some offensive chances on the PK. Got Weise a scoring chance on the first PK

Sanheim: ho hum. Luckily this guy is the least played defenseman on the team. He's a liability, to put it lightly.
  • pinching in on the forecheck, forces the turnover, and gets a scoring chance
  • Showed us the closing speed he has when he forced Kempe to shoot before he probably wanted to, coming from the LD position to cover Gudas who was flatfooted and really a non-factor when he got beat wide at the blue line.
  • He made a pinch on that good 3rd line cycle with 5-7 mins left in the 3rd to keep it alive for another 30 seconds. He makes the right decision almost all the time on pinches, shot selection, and pass selection. And he's 22.
NAK: a f***ing hound along the boards. Plays 6" taller than he is and in 2 games has been a forechecking monster

Elliot: played the game a starting NHL goalie should play. Wasn't standing on his head, but not a detriment.. And that's fine.

You know how Hagg panic-shoots all the time? Folin makes panic outlet passes constantly. By the way, Hagg panic-shot with no one around him today. Shocking, I know.

6vsXZFZ.png

AGRNva2.png

Is this guy f***ing serious?

Another PPGA where the opposition had all the time in the world to decide what they wanted to do. Shocking, I know. Every single PK they're scrambling at least once trying to cover someone wide open on the weak side. It's a goddamn Chinese fire drill out there every single f***ing time

Lindblom: does a great job getting the puck on his stick then deciding what to do with it in the offensive zone. That play where he set up Simmonds is a play he makes a lot of times: hounds the puck, escapes with it, then makes a good pass to a player in a good shooting position. I saw a lot of those plays with Misha, for what it's worth. But that's why he's stashed safely in the AHL.

I appreciate when referees actually give us a f***ing explanation. Good on that guy btw

For how good the 1st period was, where they were relentless on the forecheck and NZ puck pressure, which was forcing turnovers, zone time, and scoring chances...the 2nd period was just as bad. Sagging defense trying to block shots all day. Seriously, this team D is pathetic. They not only sag at the blue line, but they sag in the f***ing slot. I mean...how is that something the coach is ok with? The last 3-5 mins of the 2nd they were just letting Kings walk in and in and in until they had a look at the net from in the house. And it leads to a goal. Shocking, I know. Maddening. The 3rd period was just the classic Hakshell, so I can't really be too upset at how they played because well that's what they're told to do. At least G capitalized on an opportunity.

oKo4TkW.gif

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Weise is finally playing like the guy Hextall thought he signed.

Now he belongs on the 4th line at best, but until JVR returns, really no reason to complain, he lacks skills but is skating much better this year and doing the dirty work he was signed to do in the first place.

Lehtera however is starting to fade from his solid start.

Not arguing against the fact that Weise looks somewhat improved but skating was never an issue with him and he has always been trying hard along the boards. Nothing has changed in that regard.

That guy is simply lacking hockey sense and basic puck skills. Lots of effort but bad positioning and ending up on the wrong side of a play many times. A couple of good games won't change that this is a bad contract.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

A) I don;t like Hakstol
B) I like Sanheim

Is that possible?

Don't think it's that deep. When Hak feels pressure, he goes to his reliables and there is a correlation between age and reliability in his eyes. Sanheim is at the bottom of the list.

Even if what you suggest is true, last year was the year to get him acclimated to the league. This is a repeat of his rookie year. Nothing has really changed. He only gets punished for poor individual plays. There is no reward for good play. This kid is probably the most talented defenseman on the team. This is not a good development model. I would say he's the clear cut #6 but Folin and MacDonald both play more than him when they are in the lineup so....:dunno:

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Didn't watch but I'm assuming Hagg's third goal of the year was a rocket from the point and #1Couturier's first assist of the year was him creating an offensive opportunity out of nothing.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Learned something new this morning reading this and Flyers HB :
1. Primary outcome of Flyers hockey game is Sanheim's playing time. The more the better.
2. Primary goal for the season is to get coach fired.

Out of my naivete I thought wins and deep playoffs run/ cup wins were important.

Sorry, I might be too dumb to understand complaints about coach and time distribution when the team plays relatively well and win games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad