Post-Game Talk: #13: FLYERS 5 at Kings 2, Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018, 10:30 p.m. ET

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
giphy.gif

Team is too talented to ever be bad enough for an "optics" fire of Hak from Hexy.

So much could get done if they just PLAYED THEIR BEST 20 GUYS

Reactions: flyersjim73

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kings played hard and they're physical, which probably explains Sanheim's limited minutes (plus a lot of PK time).
But Kings are also slow and old and it showed.

Elliott played another solid game, which just shows that this is a playoff team when they get decent goaltending.

Lindblom is just a hard nosed player, he doesn't nothing special except make plays.
I think some people can stop dissing Patrick. Another game where he showed progress.

More worrisome, 1st line outmatched again, Giroux gets a big goal but you want them to play even or better against other top lines.

However, Provorov is back.

Folin and Hagg aren't great players, but they're better than Manning last year or AMac this year. They're basic NHL defensemen.
Eventually, they'll end up on the 3rd pair and have to hold off Morin, Friedman and Hogberg and Kalynuk in a couple years.

This wasn't a great win, but it's tough to win games on the West Coast even when you're the more talented team, sometimes you just have to grind out wins.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I really don't like Cohen guy, but i'm not 100% sure what it is that irks me.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weise is finally playing like the guy Hextall thought he signed.

Now he belongs on the 4th line at best, but until JVR returns, really no reason to complain, he lacks skills but is skating much better this year and doing the dirty work he was signed to do in the first place.

Lehtera however is starting to fade from his solid start.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I really hope Ghost getting under 20 minutes doesn't become a trend, happened twice in a row now.

Kings made it a game with the Flyers pretty much gifted a goal.

I suspect Ghost and Sanheim's minutes reflected playing the Kings on the road.
Kind of team where you can get your less physical players beat up.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Growing up when I played hockey, every year it seemed like the coach would give one of the A’s to the kid who had little to no skill but worked hard every game. Almost out of sympathy.

That’s what this player of the game helmet is turning into

Reactions: TheKingPin

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Awesome we won, but Sanheim getting 3 minutes less than any other defenseman 5 on 5 is dispicable.

Before anyone reacts to my post, please bear in mind these facts:

A) I don;t like Hakstol
B) I like Sanheim
C) I want Sanheim to play more. I want him to be treated like a top 3 dman.

However, is it possible that Hakstol and Hextall are nurturing Sanhaim. They understood his confidence could be fragile, so they're bringing him along gently. They understand if they push him to 18-20 minutes it could overwhelm him.

Is that possible?

Not talking to you flyerphan, but I know certain posters would blow up at me for even suggesting that their could be a logical and reasonable method. Don't go outside the hive thought.

But im simply posing the question. Generally, I look at different things from several angles. I have an open mind.
I'm not even saying I believe this to be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad