GDT: #13| Devils vs. Pens|Mon, Nov. 5th (7:00PM) PPG |NHL is the Devil!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The cracks started in that second cup run.

They were literally ****ing garbage all year last year.

They continued that bull**** this year.

I could give a **** less about 2016.

That's two years ago. They ****ing suck TODAY. And likely will tomorrow. How do back to back cups matter??

It's tough to move on from players who give you cups. Horny, god bless him he has tried more than anyone else tonight. But I saw several occasions where he was near the puck and the Devil simply turned and skated away from him.

IF Horny was surrounded by youth and speed, we could live with his style. But this team plays at the pace of Horny,..recipe for fail.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This team is reminding me of Mike Johnston era Pens, which was atrocious.
It seems somewhat like a players revolt. I don't think theres any question that Sully's antics have soured with many players.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Go to 20 games and see what is what. No question the Pens are not smart or making teams uncomfortable the last two games. But they played well in Canada and maybe they lost some mojo coming home. Devils were due after losing 3 so two bad crappy games is not a panic situation.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just can't imagine how anyone looks at what's happening and thinks "yep, we should have let Hornqvist leave for nothing." It's mind boggling.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This team is reminding me of Mike Johnston era Pens, which was atrocious.

You didn't have Sid and Geno simultaneously tuning him out.

Sid was done with him, but Geno saved his job for a while.

This reminds me of the end of Therrien.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Right there. Geno comes out of the box. 3 guys on him. Zero puck support.

He's losing every battlez.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I don't want a new coach, but if I had to have one, I would 100% take Vigneault.
Since 2006-07 (when he started coaching again after a long layoff):
  • His teams won their division 7 out of 12 years.
  • 3 President's trophies, 2 SCF's and a 3rd round exit.
  • Made the playoffs 10/12 years. Of those 10, his teams only got ousted in round 1 three times.
A Vigneault coached team can defend.

Since your research is clearly on point, what're your thoughts on assistant coaches we can poach

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
The thing that irks me is the simple fact that we have the tools to do well, the usual culprits are just running the show once again. Sullivan is no longer the alpha in the dressing room.

Reactions: EightyOne

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I just can't imagine how anyone looks at what's happening and thinks "yep, we should have let Hornqvist leave for nothing." It's mind boggling.
Showing a pulse doesn’t really mean your worth $5.5M a year for 5 years...

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
this is dumb. is everyone here already done talking about the Pens that this **** keeps becoming the focus?
I’ll take it for all the **** I’ve talked.

But bleh, the Pens have just been so awful I don’t blame people for not wanting to talk about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad