GDT: #13| Devils vs. Pens|Mon, Nov. 5th (7:00PM) PPG |NHL is the Devil!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Team wins 2 out of the last 3 Cups and this board wants to blow everything up in early November.

The cracks started in that second cup run.

They were literally f***ing garbage all year last year.

They continued that bullshit this year.

I could give a f*** less about 2016.

That's two years ago. They f***ing suck TODAY. And likely will tomorrow. How do back to back cups matter??

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
So, everyone is done with Sullivan now?
Meh. Like I said, I've never been a fan. I've like the results, but always thought he has a short shelf life. I think a lot of folks are feeling frustrated because we've seen this movie before.

Reactions: EightyOne

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I guess, but some of those teams are very physical and not sure this team could withstand that punishment.
Exactly. Theyre in no mans land right now.

Not fast enough to compete with the young, hungry teams and nowhere near big and tough enough to compete with teams like the Jets.

Reactions: John Titor

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Realisistically, there's a pretty good chance that they won't win another game until the Sens. That would be an 8 game losing streak. I wonder if that would be enough for Sullivan to be gone?

They won’t beat the Sens either...they’re pretty gritty...

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Honestly don't think the 2016/2017 Cups should be the reason Sully stays. We've seen this before so JR does need to take a long hard look at this

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
The problem is this team will be inconsistent all year because they are icing 3 number 6 dman. In the playoffs a quality squad will take advantage, just like we took advantage of the Caps 3rd pairing in 16 (we ate them up).

It's so early but you can only play one of Maata, Oleksiak, or Johnson.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And we make it out to be an easy job, but the #1 toughest job in the world was adapting to change when you were the change of the entire game of hockey. No joke - you could probably make 2-3 NHL teams with the ham/eggers that were let go in order to get young fast players into lineups. In 2 years, everything changed, and we were the reason why. So the gap was DEFINITELY going to close in the speed game. No doubt about it. So the next step was to think ahead of the curve. I think the best solution to beating these speed teams is to take the Caps route from last year. Close it up and transition with speed as opposed to trying to be just as fast. It's a GREAT concept. One the Pens should have taken first.

So ****ing easy for me to say as I sit on my couch. Impossible for a coach to do after winning 2 Cups. But he's quickly losing this team.

The Caps actually made that adjustment very late in the year.

And, I agree 100%.

I don't think Sid will like it for long, but someone like Geno . . . I think that's the reason he's been a much more impactful defensive player with Therrien and Johnston than Bylsma and Sully.

That said, leaving those two out of it, yes, looking at the rest of the team, we're not the team we were 2-3 years ago, and this isn't the league that was 2-3 years ago.

Sully is going to adapt or go.

Honestly, it's why so few coaches last very long. Because very few are willing to adapt . . .

BTW, I was serious . . . IF I'm Sully, more than anything else, this Sid and Geno tuned out simultaneously thing should scare him.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I’m more concerned with the roster makeup than the coaching, which is obviously on GMJR. There’s a lot of bad contracts on this team, and those guys aren’t doing anything productive.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
It’s too bad the Kings already scooped up Willie Desjardins.

Could we try Johnston again?
UlBYbi8.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Who are some really good assistants rn we could try to nab for a headcoaching gig?

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I’m more concerned with the roster makeup than the coaching, which is obviously on GMJR. There’s a lot of bad contracts on this team, and those guys aren’t doing anything productive.

Rust was a contract I wasn't a fan of tbh...

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It’s too bad the Kings already scooped up Willie Desjardins.

Could we try Johnston again?
I don't want a new coach, but if I had to have one, I would 100% take Vigneault.
Since 2006-07 (when he started coaching again after a long layoff):
  • His teams won their division 7 out of 12 years.
  • 3 President's trophies, 2 SCF's and a 3rd round exit.
  • Made the playoffs 10/12 years. Of those 10, his teams only got ousted in round 1 three times.
A Vigneault coached team can defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad