TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Toth is just terrible. Westwood is not great, either.

Feel sorry for Brandon
Kevin O is just as bad if not worse than Toth and Westwood , he's just awful to listen to , his laughing drives me crazy . Half the time he doesn't even listen to the person he's talking to because he's too busy laughing at his own jokes . :silly:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Its not an argument, its fact. We saw several top teams drop out after the first round in these playoffs. There wasn’t several coaches that failed in coaching, or several teams that tuned out their coach and his game plan. Good teams with good coaching lose.
Once Maurice is gone this team will be winning more Cups than the Oilers , how don't you see that ? :neener: :laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Its not an argument, its fact. We saw several top teams drop out after the first round in these playoffs. There wasn’t several coaches that failed in coaching, or several teams that tuned out their coach and his game plan. Good teams with good coaching lose.

by no means is it just about getting knocked out of the playoffs. i'm pretty sure you realize that.

Reactions: TS Quint

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
lol...wtf is Toth talking about regarding Laine contracts? he's just totally idiotic! Essentially, "I think Laine will sign for 9 mil because it makes sense to me so I don't see a short deal happening because stuff". hahaha now he's saying the org can appeal to his desire to win with the Jets to give us a discount! he's irrational! like living in fantasy land...:laugh:

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
lol...wtf is Toth talking about regarding Laine contracts? he's just totally idiotic! Essentially, "I think Laine will sign for 9 mil because it makes sense to me so I don't see a short deal happening because stuff"
Toth is a tool , and not a useful tool . He's like a screwdriver in a big set you never use .:shakehead

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
"Patrick, you have a good team here and we really really love you! We love ya kid! So you just go ahead and sign this 8 year contract for 9 mil per and we'll be done! I mean sure, you could just sign for 2 years instead and then probably pump 45 in per season and go for a 8 year contract at 11 mil per but what's 20-or-so million between friends!? Oh don't worry about talking it over with your agent Patty, what does he know??" lol...

Reactions: wgpsensfan

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Point is there is another team of skilled professional athletes trying to disrupt your ability to adhere and gel to whatever system your coach is coaching, and your inability to execute it. That there is not just one entity to blame, therefore making a singular change won’t necessarily fix the problem.

I get how the system works, you cannot fire a team, but sometimes, many times, you don’t need to fire anyone, you allowthe opportunity to improve on the things they failed at previously. Its called growth but it doesn’t happen if your only solution is to replace.

Maurice is not getting fired this offseason and will be given the opportunity to fix the issues that plagued this team this season. He will be on a-hot seat throughout the season, and if we are still plagued by the same issues next season, then a change most likely happens.
I suspect that what you are describing will be how this plays out. Unfortunately, this just extends the current problem by another year - while the window remains open - but that window will start to slowly close in the very near future. The problems rest with effort and commitment (this year) and very average coaching (compared to his peers). The eyes don't lie - how do 19 players fail to put a consistent effort in in essentially every game this year? We all saw this - and it's not a fluke, so as you can't cut or trade a lot of players, then do the other thing - bye bye Maurice. To do nothing is committing to getting nothing, other than your $$$ of course.

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
Point is there is another team of skilled professional athletes trying to disrupt your ability to adhere and gel to whatever system your coach is coaching, and your inability to execute it. That there is not just one entity to blame, therefore making a singular change won’t necessarily fix the problem.

I get how the system works, you cannot fire a team, but sometimes, many times, you don’t need to fire anyone, you allowthe opportunity to improve on the things they failed at previously. Its called growth but it doesn’t happen if your only solution is to replace.

Maurice is not getting fired this offseason and will be given the opportunity to fix the issues that plagued this team this season. He will be on a-hot seat throughout the season, and if we are still plagued by the same issues next season, then a change most likely happens.
I suspect that what you are describing will be how this plays out. Unfortunately, this just extends the current problem by another year - while the window remains open - but that window will start to slowly close in the very near future. The problems rest with effort and commitment (this year) and very average coaching (compared to his peers). The eyes don't lie - how do 19 players fail to put a consistent effort in in essentially every game this year? We all saw this - and it's not a fluke, so as you can't cut or trade a lot of players, then do the other thing - bye bye Maurice. To do nothing is committing to getting nothing, other than your $$$ of course.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
"Patrick, you have a good team here and we really really love you! We love ya kid! So you just go ahead and sign this 8 year contract for 9 mil per and we'll be done! I mean sure, you could just sign for 2 years instead and then probably pump 45 in per season and go for a 8 year contract at 11 mil per but what's 20-or-so million between friends!? Oh don't worry about talking it over with your agent Patty, what does he know??" lol...
this was painful to listen to.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
lol, listening to Ralph now as he suggests lindell wasn't diving and that Bertuzzo was cross-checking him and was in the wrong. Come on Ralph, if you can't see that those weren't cross-checks (they were actually little more than soft touches of the stick against the body) and that Lindell was actually actively throwing himself to the ground then you are blind Rick. It was roughly the same as if I placed my hand on your shoulder and you went down in agony. Obvious diving...i mean yeah technically it was cross-checking too but the embellishment was hilarious.

Last edited:

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Illegal Curve on Saturday...."We're around the team on a regular basis and we know what's wrong in the locker room but we're not gonna name names." Who the heck do you serve? The fans who spend money with your sponsors or your friends at TNSE?? Are you not in the media? Journalists?

Worried about access? A journalist/media member worth his/her salt would print the story and preserve their integrity. Maybe it's time to turn in your media pass and go sling pastrami at Bernstein's Deli.
I heard that and it’s absolutely ridiculous. Even if that’s true why you would disclose that on air is puzzling. I’m fairly certain they work for press passes since they aren’t full time.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Jets have been bad since January.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
lol, listening to Ralph now as he suggests lindell wasn't diving and that Bertuzzo was cross-checking him and was in the wrong. Come on Ralph, if you can't see that those weren't cross-checks (they were actually little more than soft touches of the stick against the body) and that Lindell was actually actively throwing himself to the ground then you are blind Rick. It was roughly the same as if I placed my hand on your shoulder and you went down in agony. Obvious diving...i mean yeah technically it was cross-checking too but the embellishment was hilarious.
Ralph is a good guy but his depth of sports knowledge is very superficial.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Lawless spends his summers in Winnipeg. Could we not get him on TSN1290 then, and Toth can take the summer off?
Not sure Lawless is the answer to Toth. You get the same lack of insight, with even less preparation but with the added benefit of a little wheezing between words. Maybe for good measure he will endlessly pump the tires of the Golden Knights all summer long.

Reactions: Channelcat

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Ralph is a good guy but his depth of sports knowledge is very superficial.

In any situation where there is a noted big reaction from a fan base, Ralph will always adopt the opposite stance to that. It's essentially an attempt to sound like the voice of reason...but it usually comes off sounding like he's just a "letter of the law" apologist or something - and when he adds his usual thick schmeer of snark to the equation it gets pretty annoying. It ends up being him telling a bunch of his listeners "here's why you are dumb and I am much much smarter than you."

Ralph would look at this...

and say "i don't know what people are seeing here but I see a player make unnecessary contact with another player causing that player to fall in agony. What is the reason for flicking the ear? It's an infraction and should be called. No need for fans to get all worked up about diving! If that ear flick doesn't happen none of this happens..."

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
What's that got to do with the Jets? They're certainly missing one of those, and the second one is looking iffy.

We were almost identical team to the previous season, which was a very good team.

There is a very good possibility that a team which exited the first round of the playoffs this season will win the cup next year, with the same coach. I put us in that group of possibilities.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad