TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
You guys still listening to the crap sports radio station called TSN 1290, stopped listening 8 months ago and there is really nothing at all to miss!

I see your not a fan of 1290 daytime Jet's talk Sip. I do like Trevor Kidd, on the post game show, and all the callers that call in. I've never listened to the daytime broadcast though, and never will.

I like Trevor Kidd, because he's been a Goaltender, and has great insight to what's going on with the Jets.

Reactions: bennylundholm

RAFS

Feb 22, 2013
You guys still listening to the crap sports radio station called TSN 1290, stopped listening 8 months ago and there is really nothing at all to miss!
Yes I still do...... Oh, and congratulations on your 8 month anniversary. I trust you celebrated appropriately.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Yes I still do...... Oh, and congratulations on your 8 month anniversary. I trust you celebrated appropriately.
It's when you listen to a station like the Fan 590 out of Toronto you see how far they need to go. Granted the budget is massive but we shouldn't be subjected to replays in the 10:00 am hour and regurgitated clips from interview scrums and interview replays on a daily basis. And that terrible video game show on endless loop on the weekends.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Hustler is great. Toth and Westwood are both clowns and unlistenable.

Reactions: KingBogo

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed. I pretty much have stopped listening to the Big Show. The other day I was driving between meetings and flipped it on and it is still every bit as bad as I remember. Lesson learned. Don't turn on 1290 until after 2:00 PM. Just not listenable until then.

I have replaced 1290 and most radio with podcasts in the car and it has been a godsend. The only time I listen to the radio is when I drive my kids to school and they like 103.1, I don’t like the music but Ace is a talented person and I admire his ability. Now that only represents 20% of my in car content 80% is now long form Interviews with the Tim Ferriss Show being my favorite podcast.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hustler is good but he can stop talking about every Kansas City pro teams anytime , Toth thinks he's smarter than everyone , and who the hell thought Westwood had a voice for radio . :laugh: Don't even get me started on Kevin O , he's awful , he should do a little kids show with all of his goofy laughing and the way he talks .

Genesis

Feb 21, 2019
Toronto
I dont know how anyone listens to these Canadian radio stations, they are not good! Especially here in the center of the universe, Leafs this and Leafs that. Blue Jays this and Blue Jays that, these radio personalities plan the parade route during the pre-season. I listen to the sports/talk stations on satellite radio, even those can only be taken in moderation.

Reactions: Jets 31

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The guys on 1290 this morning spent a good deal of time gushing over the TB Lightning. We get it. They’re a good team. But let’s not hand them the Cup already. Doesn’t anyone remember that Washington used to run away with the league during the regular season too? Didn’t do them any good

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And both are idiots. It is the worst example of sport radio I've come across even when discussing the sport and team I care most about.
Agreed , i think the 3rd guy on the Big show , Brandon Redwicky , spelling is probably wrong , is the smartest of the 3 but he doesn't get to talk enough . I often think Toth and Westwood should shut the hell up and just let Brandon talk . :laugh:

Reactions: LaScheifers

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I haven’t listened in
Agreed , i think the 3rd guy on the Big show , Brandon Redwicky , spelling is probably wrong , is the smartest of the 3 but he doesn't get to talk enough . I often think Toth and Westwood should shut the hell up and just let Brandon talk . :laugh:

I haven’t listened in a while but Rewicky (sp) was the guy I would actually listen to and I respected his opinion. Seems sharp and has his head on strait.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
You don't get to be Winnipeg's 10th most popular radio station without doing something right! :sarcasm:

Really though...even if TSN 1290 had a really solid group of personalities and strong programming, how much is that going to move the needle? They've got a captive base that's going to tune in no matter what. Boosting listeners by 20% or whatever wouldn't cover the cost to get them there.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
They better stick to talking sports. Just now they were talking about Ben Affleck and J-Lo being in Winnipeg once upon a time and filming Gigli - one of the biggest bombs of all time...but Winnipeggers still hold it near and dear to their hearts because it was filmed in the city.:facepalm:

They can't even keep their movies straight. That was never filmed here. It was Shall We Dance. Ben was never even in that movie.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
TSN 1290 is a really bad radio station. Calgary's 960 is like Jim Rome quality compared to it, and I really dislike it for it's general crap. There's a real lack of talent in the Canadian radio industry.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
As bad as some might think TSN 1290 in Winnipeg is...... you do realize if it was ever pulled, TSN would just replace it with the TSN 1050 out of Toronto, right.

Just me, but I would rather listen to a bunch of questionables try and talk about the Jets / Bombers than listen to anyone talk about the Leafs for 10 hours a day.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
As bad as some might think TSN 1290 in Winnipeg is...... you do realize if it was ever pulled, TSN would just replace it with the TSN 1050 out of Toronto, right.

Just me, but I would rather listen to a bunch of questionables try and talk about the Jets / Bombers than listen to anyone talk about the Leafs for 10 hours a day.

agreed

Reactions: Cypruss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad