TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I don't think your wrong about the idea being softened up at all. I can recall about 3 weeks before Stuart signed that horrible extension media members gabbed and wrote gushingly about him repeatedly. Whether or not that happens is another story but you might be onto something especially if the return to Ottawa involves significant pieces like Ehlers.

For 2 fn rentals? Dream on.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
McIntyre was on with Rick Ralph today and he has basically hit the panic button for the Jets. Says there’s a good chance that St. Louis will pass us

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
McIntyre was on with Rick Ralph today and his has basically hit the panic button for the Jets. Says there’s a good chance that St. Louis will pass us

There is a good chance they will pass Nashville also. However, I remain unconvinced they will do much damage in the playoffs, especially if The Hamburglar 2.0 comes back down to earth.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
McIntyre was on with Rick Ralph today and he has basically hit the panic button for the Jets. Says there’s a good chance that St. Louis will pass us
McIntyre is a beauty........lol I get a kick out of it. But, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see this team fizzle out.

Reactions: snowkiddin

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

If I'm not mistaken, I believe St.Louis has won their last 10 straight, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take first place, if they stay hot. If the Jets can step it up, I think they'll hang on to 1st though. The Jets have more talent.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Blues have won 10 strait on the back of .940 tending from their 25 year old 3rd string goalie. They are a better team than they showed early in the season when goaltending was sinking them. They are not as good as this stretch with otherworldly tending.

The truth lies in the middle somewhere.

Last edited:

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Didn’t McIntyre be the CJOB murder or court case reporter? What the hell does he know about jack sh—?

I coached against him when my youngest was playing A2 hockey. He may have been one of the bigger “pieces of work” I have ever encountered in a rink.
I have given him the benefit of the doubt as the Free Press Opinion guy on the Jets and don’t mind a lot of his takes. He does not seem to be scared to throw the tough questions at coach, so thumbs up on that!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think Mike is real good as a Jets reporter.
What are your credentials ? :)
I agree. A reporter is a reporter, not a hockey coach. There are very few actual reporters in pro sports anymore, as most are paid promoters. Even Rotten Tomatos is now a paid promotion. Its a bit frightening.

Reactions: wgpsensfan

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I agree. A reporter is a reporter, not a hockey coach. There are very few actual reporters in pro sports anymore, as most are paid promoters. Even Rotten Tomatos is now a paid promotion. Its a bit frightening.

Way of the world. Blogs aren't anymore. Any degree of independent success is rapidly "purchased" to control/extend a desired message. Very rare to find independent information without an endgame involved in anything.

Reactions: Channelcat

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Blues have won 10 strait on the back of .940 tending from their 25 year old 3rd string goalie. They are a better team than they showed early in the season when goaltending was sinking them. They are not as good as this stretch with otherworldly tending.

The truth lies in the middle somewhere.
They've been playing well. This looks like the Jets chart flipped upside down...
upload_2019-2-22_12-8-43.png

Reactions: JetsFan815

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Ooops ... Binnington comes back to earth ... 5 goals on 25 shots ... Blues lose.
Seriously do you really believe a team can win 30 of 32 games down the stretch?

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Where do these callers come from!!!!!! This is almost like listening to CJOB when Peter Warren was still around.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
weeeeee troy and Jim getting into it over analytics! C-C-C-Catfight!
Jim ignores them constantly and the guy calling in seemed to be just someone ignorant of them. Didn't seem like they were arguing over anything complex either, just the jets 5v5 stats which are probably the most superficial form of analytics and are actual data/results not hypotheticals/probabilities

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The bit I heard was Jim presenting a bunch of stats that someone had tweeted to him that purported to show the Jets are pretty much the same team as last year at this time. Various things like shots against per game, shots for/game, win/loss record, PP %...the only thing that was substantially off from last year was goals allowed. Troy called "bollocks" on it and said those stats are nice but they really miss the point and that you need to dig a little deeper and look at the underlying analytics for the real story and then he and Jim had a little vigorous discussion. Jim did his usual "I'm not saying that and I get the analytics and all that...but... yeah I'm saying that" routine.

Reactions: DRW204

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Just listening to the “Jim doesn’t let callers talk portion of the show”.

He’s had his opinion for 3+ hours by the time the call in part of the show comes on and still can’t wait a second to let someone else speak,

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Toth and Westwood debating Little vs Stastny was.... interesting :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad