TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Confirmed Paul Edmonds is NOT an HFBoardsJets lurker. This morning hey were talking about the 2015 TDL moves the Jets made, and he named Jiri Tlusty and said "who was the other guy, he has been all around the league", Toth or Riwicki immediately jumped in and said "STEMPNIAK"

No way you could read these boards and forget who Stempniak is :laugh:
Confirmed IS lurker and expert troll

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Confirmed Paul Edmonds is NOT an HFBoardsJets lurker. This morning hey were talking about the 2015 TDL moves the Jets made, and he named Jiri Tlusty and said "who was the other guy, he has been all around the league", Toth or Riwicki immediately jumped in and said "STEMPNIAK"

No way you could read these boards and forget who Stempniak is :laugh:
10-points-in-18-games-with-the-Jets-plus-a-goal-in-the-playoffs-then-went-to-NJD-the-next-year-on-a-PTO-and-scored-41-points-there-which-would've-been-5th-on-the-Jets-but-Chevy-signed-shitsack-Druseless-Stafford-instead-who-contributed-way-less-for-way-more-money Lee Stempniak?

Reactions: JetsFan815

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Usually don't hear Kevin O, just heard him on Laine
Claimed people criticized buff for his play and weight until Jets were winning
- Jets started winning after he came into camp noticeably slim, and was taken off top pairing....?

Said we shouldn't compare Laine to older players, what was Schiefele like at 20, etc .
- isn't the criticism starting to compare his rookie season to his current?

I don't know. Weird radio...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
- Jets started winning after he came into camp noticeably slim, and was taken off top pairing....?

Said we shouldn't compare Laine to older players, what was Schiefele like at 20, etc .

Kevin O is a goof , surprised you could make any of his words out with all the goofy laughing he does .:shakehead

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I listened today for 5 minutes on the way to work and put spotify on. Westwood trying to say which franchise was easier to turn around Edmonton or Anaheim was just pathetic.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

That logic holds until he’s making more than 10% of the cap.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Toth's take this morning:

KC will score 35 goals and should get paid similarly to Marner... completely ignoring that Marner is on pace for 31 and on pace for 35 extra points

bu bu but goal scorers get paid more..... yea, but when the point disparity is that large i think it makes up for a few extra goals

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg

People criticized Buff for being overweight his first 2-3 years here because he was FAT! I remember at the end of the 2nd season (I think) when the players took off their jerseys at the end of the last game - "svelte" was not a word that could be used to describe his physique. The criticism wasn't because the team wasn't winning...

I was in the camp that didn't think he'd change his ways - but he did, and lost a lot of weight in the process. It made him a better player - and healthier. Good for him.

Reactions: Jets 31

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Toth's take this morning:

KC will score 35 goals and should get paid similarly to Marner... completely ignoring that Marner is on pace for 31 and on pace for 35 extra points

bu bu but goal scorers get paid more..... yea, but when the point disparity is that large i think it makes up for a few extra goals
I heard that too. I guess he's just making conversation because I think most people would agree that they aren't even close. Marner brings that elite playmaking ability on top of all the other things that Connor can do.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I look for info everywhere and learn quite a bit on our boards , not from everyone mind you but alot of people posting on Hf Jets seem very knowledgeable . Well accept the Professor but he was funny . :laugh:

Agreed, I've learned a lot from the boards. We have some very knowledgeable posters, some very entertaining characters and a hell of a lot of good people here.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
gotta agree with Westwood this morning. I don't think Laine looked particularly good last night at all. He may look like he's "trying" at times, but his actual effectiveness is awful. All sorts of puck control issues - he can't seem to get the puck on his stick and manage it at all. Don't know what Toth and Rewicki are seeing really...(don't get me wrong, I'm a big Laine fan and think he'll be just fine before too long but he's struggling right now for sure)

Last edited:

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I quite enjoyed listening to Hustler interviewing Kenny Omega a couple of days ago.

I don't listen much any more on days after a loss, because the "analysis" just angers me, especially when it comes from Toth, who very much may be a nice guy out in the world but his radio opinions verge on the obtuse as far as I am concerned.

Also, note to callers on the phone in segments; referring to yourself in the 3rd person is stupid when athletes with a grade 6 education do it, and it's not any better when you do it when calling in to a sports radio show.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
* adjusts tin foil hat *

I feel like I recall the following responses from Dennis, Brian, and Paul when asked about potential deadline deals in previous years:

"None of us are GMs"
"That's up to Kevin and Paul to decide if they feel...."
"We don't know what's said in the locker room"
"Dance with the one who brought you..."

Then Dennis this morning actually sounds like he's in favor of adding, specifically Stone... Is my memory off, or am I being subtly softened up to the idea?

* puts tinfoil back on burrito*

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
* adjusts tin foil hat *

I feel like I recall the following responses from Dennis, Brian, and Paul when asked about potential deadline deals in previous years:

"None of us are GMs"
"That's up to Kevin and Paul to decide if they feel...."
"We don't know what's said in the locker room"
"Dance with the one who brought you..."

Then Dennis this morning actually sounds like he's in favor of adding, specifically Stone... Is my memory off, or am I being subtly softened up to the idea?

* puts tinfoil back on burrito*
I don't think your wrong about the idea being softened up at all. I can recall about 3 weeks before Stuart signed that horrible extension media members gabbed and wrote gushingly about him repeatedly. Whether or not that happens is another story but you might be onto something especially if the return to Ottawa involves significant pieces like Ehlers.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The Jets PR interview at 735 is always entertaining at the trade deadline. They cant call out a specific player they want to replace but have to get the word out that Chevy isnt just sitting on his hands. It it's a delicate balance. Lots of "ahhhhhh, ahhhhhh" or Edmonds just rambles on until he thinks everyone has forgotten the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->